What have you purchased in the last month or so?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From the previous posts it appears that the only orders are beauty, mostlyTSV’s or deals.

For those who arent interested in the groundhog beauty offerings there is nothing for us so it’s easy not to order and even easier nothing to return.

This is from someone who used to buy as an Olympic sport!
I agree there is not much variation. Dyson, Wynne, elemis repeat..

Oh gosh where do I start.

Confession time: it's been a bad few weeks, but to be fair I fully use the return period from Oct to end of Jan to test products or think carefully if I want to keep or if a present, the recipient likes it. All my present shopping is online. I avoid shops at all costs - trying not to get ill before Christmas.
  1. Liz Earle - Orange TSV. First Liz Earle I will return. Hated the perfume No.9 so cant justify the cost of keeping. Will use the face wash before returning as they will just bin and I want to cover the costs of postage out and back.
  2. Liz Earle - Botanical TSV - Kept. Presents
  3. Cozee Home - Cape in Navy and Black - Black already returned. Navy been using but think will wash and return. My house is freezing and costs so much to heat, but the cape is a real pain to move around in and I knocked over a glass of water last week.
  4. Cozee home - poncho x 2. Not sure may return one. Other a pressie and will see what she thinks.
  5. Cozee Home dressing gown x 2. One returned - distant selling regs (for P&P). One pressie again see what she thinks
  6. Kipling set of small bags on advance order - forgotten that I had ordered them. What was I thinking. To be returned (distant selling regs P&P)
  7. Molton Brown - Perfume duo and TSV - all presents. Kept
  8. Perricone moisturiser - Duo Deal of the week. Love this moisturiser so stocked up. Kept
  9. Neon Deal of the Week in November (almost the same as today's TSV) - Kept. Split for presents.
  10. Pink Tili box - with Neom candle and bare minerals lipstick. Split for presents and for me (shower gel, night cream lipstick). Kept and using box for other items purchased above. Don't like the night cream though. Skinsense - such a heavy perfume
  11. Centigrade coat - Deal of the week. Present
  12. Seasalt Reversible top - Kept for me. Expensive, but can wear it one day for Zoom calls and next day turned inside out so no-one notices. So warm, well made and cosy and it's cotton.
  13. Today 5 pairs of reading glasses reduced in outlet. I lose glasses all the time and need them for screen work. Just lost my prescription glasses (were 6 years old) so I went looking.
  14. Le Creuset baking pans x 2 in October - for me and present. They are fab
Advanced orders cancelled: cozee home electric blanket, cozee home duvet set. Wish I had cancelled Kipling.

Returned and refunded Oct Le Creuset TSV and Perricone TSV (reacted to at least 3 of the products).

To be returned from October: Skecher's top (washed badly) and Monsoon dress as will now have no opportunity to wear it so can't justify the cost. I try to ensure that my returns never exceed more than 35% of spend.

If I know I not going to try the product, I email a cancellation and make sure I get P&P refunded too and get it back as quickly as possible to get my refund. It can take up to 3 weeks atm. All of the above were on easy pay and I track using an app. Always use Hermes to return. Will use one box and send two or more back in one go, and take photos of the contents. Does take longer to get a refund.

Confession time over

Oh gosh where do I start.

Confession time: it's been a bad few weeks, but to be fair I fully use the return period from Oct to end of Jan to test products or think carefully if I want to keep or if a present, the recipient likes it. All my present shopping is online. I avoid shops at all costs - trying not to get ill before Christmas.
  1. Liz Earle - Orange TSV. First Liz Earle I will return. Hated the perfume No.9 so cant justify the cost of keeping. Will use the face wash before returning as they will just bin and I want to cover the costs of postage out and back.
  2. Liz Earle - Botanical TSV - Kept. Presents
  3. Cozee Home - Cape in Navy and Black - Black already returned. Navy been using but think will wash and return. My house is freezing and costs so much to heat, but the cape is a real pain to move around in and I knocked over a glass of water last week.
  4. Cozee home - poncho x 2. Not sure may return one. Other a pressie and will see what she thinks.
  5. Cozee Home dressing gown x 2. One returned - distant selling regs (for P&P). One pressie again see what she thinks
  6. Kipling set of small bags on advance order - forgotten that I had ordered them. What was I thinking. To be returned (distant selling regs P&P)
  7. Molton Brown - Perfume duo and TSV - all presents. Kept
  8. Perricone moisturiser - Duo Deal of the week. Love this moisturiser so stocked up. Kept
  9. Neon Deal of the Week in November (almost the same as today's TSV) - Kept. Split for presents.
  10. Pink Tili box - with Neom candle and bare minerals lipstick. Split for presents and for me (shower gel, night cream lipstick). Kept and using box for other items purchased above. Don't like the night cream though. Skinsense - such a heavy perfume
  11. Centigrade coat - Deal of the week. Present
  12. Seasalt Reversible top - Kept for me. Expensive, but can wear it one day for Zoom calls and next day turned inside out so no-one notices. So warm, well made and cosy and it's cotton.
  13. Today 5 pairs of reading glasses reduced in outlet. I lose glasses all the time and need them for screen work. Just lost my prescription glasses (were 6 years old) so I went looking.
  14. Le Creuset baking pans x 2 in October - for me and present. They are fab
Advanced orders cancelled: cozee home electric blanket, cozee home duvet set. Wish I had cancelled Kipling.

Returned and refunded Oct Le Creuset TSV and Perricone TSV (reacted to at least 3 of the products).

To be returned from October: Skecher's top (washed badly) and Monsoon dress as will now have no opportunity to wear it so can't justify the cost. I try to ensure that my returns never exceed more than 35% of spend.

If I know I not going to try the product, I email a cancellation and make sure I get P&P refunded too and get it back as quickly as possible to get my refund. It can take up to 3 weeks atm. All of the above were on easy pay and I track using an app. Always use Hermes to return. Will use one box and send two or more back in one go, and take photos of the contents. Does take longer to get a refund.

Confession time over
Wow, thank you so much for your honesty and in depth detail. I love to know what everyone buys.

It sounds like you've had more hits than misses.

Liz earle botanical tsv? Patchouli and vetiver? Or bourbon & vanilla ( August ) ?

That cozee heated throw I bought last year and returned because I couldn't move around easily and had nowhere to store it.

We have all forgotten to cancel advanced orders before.

I loved reading your confession.

😘😘

I bought a Carole Hochman zipped fleece lounger. I love it. I wanted a cosy but lightweight fleece item to keep me toasty without looking like a dressing gown. It's in a deep berry shade I frequently wear, so it works perfectly. Similar items at M&S were too pale and pastel to do the job. I did look!
The trio of supersize L'Occitane handcreams, all to be gifted. One already wrapped and given, the other two are just waiting for me to assemble the rest of the gift before I wrap and hand over to the recipient.

Last edited:
I bought a Carole Hochman zipped fleece lounger. I love it. I wanted a cosy but lightweight fleece item to keep me toasty without looking like a dressing gown. It's in a deep berry shade I frequently wear, so it works perfectly. Similar items at M&S were too pale and pastel to do the job. I did look!
The trio of supersize L'Occitane handcreams, all to be gifted. One already wrapped and given, the other two are just waiting for me to assemble the rest of the gift before I wrap and hand over to the recipient.
That locci trio was amazing!!!

I haven't bought a lot. The mirror with light and tweezers, a snowman and the Nails Inc. TSV. Keeping them all. I have been soooo good not getting the L'Occitane TSV and any Liz Earle. I have however bought from Ebay. I got hubby a really nice boxed L'occitane duo of shower gels. Got from Fenwicks. He will love them. He has been hinting for a few weeks about the shower gels. He was gutted when I stopped buying L'Occitane over the China thing, but my niece bought him some stuff for his birthday, but he has finished the shower gel now, so he will be a happy bunny.

Bare Minerals Barepro foundation with brush ( used this for some time)
Last Elemis TSV on Auto delivery but cancelled that.
L’Occitane Devine cream and serum on advanced order, cancelled.
There are several more things in the past that I would have taken a chance on I.e Gatineau TSV but didn’t order.
Never order shoes or clothes, over the likes of Lola Rose & Kipling which at one time would have possibly been an immediate order.
Believe me looking at those Qurio babes is a deterrent to me ordering! I couldn’t beat them and certainly wouldn’t want to join them!
Total madness think of the P&P on every single item ( & return) is it a bargain when you get something for a fiver then pay £3:95 p&p?NOOO.

Wow so many good collections there and it's so nice to hear of somebody positive about a brand. I love my pom pom bag haha I can see it now underneath my tree...😀😀

I want to try rose jasmine..should I?
I love it. Its not been popular but if you like Jasmine its very well done. I was lucky I managed to get a bottle cheap of eBay. The neroli orchid is even better. It's gorgeous. Very nice for the winter.

The pom pom bag is really cute. But I gave them away packed with L'Occitane to my best friend and my eldest daughter for her birthday pressie. She will get L'occitane Almond for xmas

Ordered the L’occitane men’s set a couple of months ago for OH’s Christmas pressie and also a shower gel with 2 refill set for him. I have no interest in any of the L’occy, Elemis, etc, etc for me but he loves it.
I bought the Radley Big Deal “Lexington” small bag when it wad at special price.
Haven’t yet decided if I’m keeping it as the strap is not quite as long as I would like.
Last thing was a Benefit mini set (primer, gimme brow and dandelion blush) which I saw in clearance for £13 inc postage.

From the previous posts it appears that the only orders are beauty, mostlyTSV’s or deals.

For those who arent interested in the groundhog beauty offerings there is nothing for us so it’s easy not to order and even easier nothing to return.

This is from someone who used to buy as an Olympic sport!
As yes. The old days of buying nearly every beauty TSV.

I grew older and somehow got sensible.

Wow!!

3 great beauty tsvs there.

That tree is huge but yes I've had that scent in another vessel and it was beautiful. If you are still within your 60 days and you can find a fault ( like a chip or burning black smoke ) qvc will collect free of charge.

When did the philosophy order change to returned on your account and have you had the refund email?
I know!!!🙄 I was in a rut with my skincare so tried Estee Lauder, excellent price. Good stuff. I love Gatineau and not had any for a while and again excellent price. Will gift a few bits.elemis is my go to do was a no brainer! The candle won't get back in the polystyrene no matter what I do!!!
Ordered Philosopy on 1st Dec (oops, along with the Nails Inc tsv, forgot about that!!!). Never arrived then tracked it to find Hermes sent it back to qvc. Rang customer service who said must have been damaged hence return. Money to be returned to my account within 72 hours! We will see....

As yes. The old days of buying nearly every beauty TSV.

I grew older and somehow got sensible.
hi Donna
I buy all my beauty stuff when it's on good offer on qvc, don't but any from shops at all these days. Agree, never buy clothes from q. Used to have a few Kim and co good tops but that's it. Oh and a few pairs of sketchers but not any more. Couldn't ever buy Marla!!! The prices 😮 plus at least another four quid postage!! No thanks.

Wow, thank you so much for your honesty and in depth detail. I love to know what everyone buys.

It sounds like you've had more hits than misses.

Liz earle botanical tsv? Patchouli and vetiver? Or bourbon & vanilla ( August ) ?

That cozee heated throw I bought last year and returned because I couldn't move around easily and had nowhere to store it.

We have all forgotten to cancel advanced orders before.

I loved reading your confession.

😘😘
Thank you. It felt good to write! TSV was the patchouli. It's the first body cream in this range I have liked - not as thick. I had the bourbon one last xmas.

I should add I work full-time and long hours, stressful job WFH (due to covid) and virtually all of my shopping is online. I don't have time for shopping 'on the high-street' - it would be weekend shopping and the shops are/were too busy for me to feel comfortable. So I will go walking in the country side not round shops. Covid has changed us all.

I rarely watch the channel unless I completely want to switch off as it's meaningless drivel. I use QVC for trying something new, like Perricone (anything cruelty free) or new brand like Seasalt so I can actually fully evaluate.

I am sure that I am not the perfect shopper to QVC - I spend, but I must be high on their return naughty step. I am obsessive about tracking my spend, easy pays and returns and getting outward p and p back. I always use Hermes to return for evidence. I guess those are my tips to newcomers.

I HATE p and p and always factor this in. I was flicking between channels last night and saw they had a tanzanite ring for £3999 plus P and P. Did they really think people would think they were paying £3000 and not over £4000. I guess you buy expensive stuff like this from the TV because of easy pay and you can try on at home rather than have the pain of a jewellery shop. Anyway I did think who has money like that for an impulse buy.

Other favourites: John Lewis and I hate to say this Amazon.

What did the reviews say?
Yes tell her to let you know as you want it to be right for her.
5 reviews. 2 were 5*. The other 3 reviews- balance of fruit and alcohol way off, alcohol overpowering, too sweet and tacky. It will be interesting to see which camp she falls in, and also what CS will do about it if not liked.

Latest posts

Back