What happened to Julia?!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

you're right about the weight loss - my husband left me at the beginning of October and since then I've not been able to eat without throwing up, and have lost an incredible 4 stones.

not that i didn't have it to lose - i'm now a size 16 - and whilst my body looks great, my face is another thing entirely.

dramatic weight loss at 40+ *really* shows in your face, sadly - the elasticity is just not there any more.

me too gem!! 'the item numbahhhh'. funny you should say that though because there were another another couple that drove me nuts - puls and pupple and i've noticed she is now saying pearls and purple. great improvement ;)

Turquoaaaaaahhhhhhs by any chance?

awwwwwww.......phoebe - i'm really sorry to hear that. been there done that only many moons ago and i always say there's nothing like a good divorce to lose weight :sad: it's the only time in my life the weight literally fell off me and i didn't have the awful problem you have.

seriously, i hope you have your doctor looking after you because that is not good - you need to maintain some level of nutrition to cope with it all.

here, have a big ((((((((((hug))))))))))

awwwwwww.......phoebe - i'm really sorry to hear that. been there done that only many moons ago and i always say there's nothing like a good divorce to lose weight :sad: it's the only time in my life the weight literally fell off me and i didn't have the awful problem you have.

seriously, i hope you have your doctor looking after you because that is not good - you need to maintain some level of nutrition to cope with it all.

here, have a big ((((((((((hug))))))))))

Legal separations do it too! Best wishes from me too phoebe. May the next year be kind to you. Here's a big :bear: from me too.

Phoebe

Stick that chin up, puff that chest out and keep on telling yourself what a wonderful person you are. Go on, do it now. Then do it again in the morning.

You'll soon start keeping your food down.

Now off you go - I'll ask you tomorrow so you'd better do it xx

hey - thanks, guys!

I wans't after sympathy, just commenting on how my experience of weight loss affects your face!

I think i'm past all the sad stuff and now have moved on to anger - he left because he needed to 'find himself' - a mid life crisis at 38, basically - now that's worth throwing your marraige over for, isn't it? especially as he claims to still be in love with me, respects me as a person blah blah blah. pillock.

I'm moving on, and will be fine! *looks in mirror, says I'm wonderful*!

well good for you! took me months to get to that stage :tongue: and yes, all will be fine - his loss.

- he left because he needed to 'find himself' -
Oh really?? Well let's all hope the p***k finds himself alone for a very long time. And when he's had his single again fling and comes crawling back bleating it was a dreadful mistake and he still loves you blah blah blah tell him to feck off again cos you have now "found yourself" and he doesn't figure in your life anymore. All the best to you Phoebe, I've done the divorce thing and it was definately not nice....and we split up fairly amicably!!

Hugs to you Phoebe, you sound like a very strong lady who is coping brilliantly. :clapping:

As far as Julia is concerned, I totally agree about the weight loss and agree that her hair is too long and looks in bad condition. I wonder if it's because it's naturally curly she's too scared to go shorter with it?

Also clothes with sleeves and tops that aren't so low cut would be more flattering! She's an attractive lady and we all have bad days and good. I wouldn't want my bad days seen my thousands of people! :sad:

Another one here who lost stones after a divorce Phoebe. Many years ago now though, and the stones have all gone back on unfortunately. You're better off without the twonk, believe me. Back to Julia and donning my tin hat!! Was that her Christmas nighty she was wearing yesterday afternoon? Bright green, above the knee, up at the front, down at the back with bare legs and knobbly knees on show. I can't understand how the producers let her on air looking like that.

IMO few of the women presenters are as well dressed and "turned out" for their telly appearances as I would expect. I used to work for a global company and had to be very well groomed and smartly (appropriately) dressed as I met clients.

It must be difficult to know what will look good on camera but surely they could do a screen test before going on air. I was going to suggest a stylist but looking at the state of the models when they've been "accessorised" I won't.

Linda xx

I always think Debbie Flint looks well groomed, her make up and hair are lovely and she is normally well dressed.

she has good days and bad days. its the bags under her eyes that are ageing her, but what are we supposed to expect for a woman her age? if she had surgery to get rid of them you'd rip the woman to shreds.
she's still a great looker, she's changed her personal style since she passed 50 (remember the dreadful "gypsy" era?) and i think she's trying to age with some grace. no she doesnt always get it right in the fashion department but if she ever does this forum may as well close cos there'll be nowt to talk about!

Personally I wouldnt "rip her to shreds". I would say go for it. Why let something like that marr her otherwise fab looks. It did wonders for Micheal Aspel years ago.

I only get p***ed off when they keep say they owe their youthful looks to pots of over priced cream!!

Another one here who lost stones after a divorce Phoebe. Many years ago now though, and the stones have all gone back on unfortunately. You're better off without the twonk, believe me. Back to Julia and donning my tin hat!! Was that her Christmas nighty she was wearing yesterday afternoon? Bright green, above the knee, up at the front, down at the back with bare legs and knobbly knees on show. I can't understand how the producers let her on air looking like that.

If that was during the Lenny Deighton which I saw very briefly, then I thought much the same. I've said it (just once) before that she could do with a fresh look and a new hairstyle, cutting, restyling and lightening the barnet would be a good start......imho of course.! :happy:

Welcome and best wishes to you phoebelondon, hope 2012 is happier for you.

I also thought that green sparkly number was totally unsuitable. I'm not sure if that is the one she said she got from Ted Baker? Obviously designed for someone much younger. Far too short with all her arms and cleavage on display - did nothing for her. I think she is too much influenced by what the daughter wears. :hi:

Just checking in Phoebe like I said I would. Hope that mirror is being well used.

Hey, who was it that said the presenters could do with a stylist. God forbid or they might set Glen Campbell onto it and then they'd all end up wearing half mast trousers, white socks and cardigans!

Latest posts

Back