What do you buy?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a hunch this is your third account on the shopping forum. In my spare time I have been trying to work out all your usernames. Let me tell you, It was far more exciting than watching Ideal World.

It's possible that I'm on to something here.
MurielB (Location: Liverpool)
saintslad (Saints are the nickname of St Helens rugby league team. St Helens is a metropolitan borough of Merseyside in the Liverpool City Region)
Lilo Lil (A character in the TV Series Bread, which was filmed in Liverpool)

Lilo Lil and saintslad joined on the same day in 2008. Saintslad was ignored on the Ideal World forum, leading to the creation of the MurialB sub-forum, after they have seen many users mention Murial lots of times for buying every item , but only when Peter Simon is on. A means of trying to get the regular Ideal World posters to talk to him or her in any way possible?

This is just my hunch, as I stated at the beginning.
I like it, works for me!

Oh and if anyone wants to ignore anyone you may find annoying (no-one in particular) just click on their user name, then click 'ignore'. You see when they post but not the content. But you see when someone hs responded so it's hilarious wondering what they've said!

The very same Muriel from Simon’s imaginary customer lists? Along with all his other selling fantasies? No. They are either him directly (Highly Unlikely), a member of Pimple Platoon of the Ideal World Youth League (more likely), or a woman with a christian name from the 1920s, aged about 100, contributing from a room full of Ideal World kayaks and bacon flavoured perfume. One with no internet connection, as a crate of air fryers and canes fell on fuse box, but amazingly, aware of her pretend name being mentioned on a shopping television forum that takes the pis…out of the very shopping channel where she reads and works…er…sorry…reads and watches on a regular basis..Now, let me think….

Last edited:
The very same Muriel from Simon’s imaginary customer lists? Along with all his other selling fantasies? No. They are either him directly (Highly Unlikely), a member of Pimple Platoon of the Ideal World Youth League (more likely), or a woman with a christian name from the 1920s, aged about 100, contributing from a room full of Ideal World kayaks and bacon flavoured perfume. One with no internet connection, as a crate of air fryers and canes fell on fuse box, but amazingly, aware of her pretend name being mentioned on a shopping television forum that takes the pis…out of the very shopping channel where she reads and works…er…sorry…reads and watches on a regular basis..Now, let me think….
For me it's the use of the word "dear" in many of Muriel's posts - "no dear, I'm a real person". It's exactly the word you would use if you were pretending to be Miss Marple.

And there is usually a comment about how much 'she' likes Peter, he's so funny etc etc. The last one asking us how to contact him to get an autograph or signed photo was hilarious. Surely she would know you can text the show, surprised she didn't think of that. She is obviously fairly tech savvy because she managed to sign up to an internet forum, create her own thread and post. Or maybe she needs a young person to assist her.

We used to have a so called comedy creation on the Palace message board called Trolley. Kept the act for years. A pain in a large number of ars....

For me it's the use of the word "dear" in many of Muriel's posts - "no dear, I'm a real person". It's exactly the word you would use if you were pretending to be Miss Marple.

And there is usually a comment about how much 'she' likes Peter, he's so funny etc etc. The last one asking us how to contact him to get an autograph or signed photo was hilarious. Surely she would know you can text the show, surprised she didn't think of that. She is obviously fairly tech savvy because she managed to sign up to an internet forum, create her own thread and post. Or maybe she needs a young person to assist her.
or Frankie Howerd

I suppose they could make us all eat humble pie by turning around the camera to see the list of names scrolling (like Hobbymaker do) but I doubt they will. And if that does happen(due to their not direct price spoofs) how can we take them seriously. I know that each of these channels do have regulars so it is plausible. what is strange to me, which is why I'm not getting at 'Murial' is how they found out about it, especially so quickly after a specific thread was created. It took me a while to realise the thread was there and I am on here most days.

I believed I was on to something, but you went so far as to piss on my bonfire by saying you are a Southampton fan. Just for balance, I now have to say "Play up Pompey".

I mentioned that I have a hunch.
noun. a feeling or guess based on intuition rather than fact.
I proceeded to provide examples of why I have a feeling that the three users may be the same person.
There was no malice in anything that I said. I was merely putting down in words my observations, especially regarding two of them usernames, from the example I gave about when the MurialB sub-forum started up. The third username accidently came to my attension with the same joining date and the possible Liverpool link. I did think you could be a St Johnston fan, but that didn't fit in my Liverpool link.

You assert that it is not you. It's unlikely that you would come out and admit it, even if it was you. I will have to trust your word on that. If it's not you, it's either another member extracting the urine and on a wind up or someone behind the scenes doing the same thing.

I have to confess I do address people as My Dear. It does solve the problem with upsetting people in this day and age of gender ideology and political correctness. I get away with it because I’m old!

Hello everybody for the umpteenth time I am here because my friend Anne already reads this forum and buys from Ideal World sometimes also, but not as much as me. We sometimes watch it together.
She showed me people talking about me on here and how they think I buy a lot.
I mentioned I liked Peter S as you were all talking about him on Ideal World.
She with some help from my grandson helped me set up an account and profile and we posted asking what do you buy from Ideal World as I admit I buy quite a few things for the family. So here I am!

Sorry to use the word dear it is the way I speak. I won't use it again if it offends you.
For the last time it is me. I am not Peter, I am not this saintslad character and no I do not work for Ideal World or on shopping TV.
I hope that is clear now can we talk about Ideal World and what do you buy?

I have a hunch this is your third account on the shopping forum. In my spare time I have been trying to work out all your usernames. Let me tell you, It was far more exciting than watching Ideal World.

It's possible that I'm on to something here.
MurielB (Location: Liverpool)
saintslad (Saints are the nickname of St Helens rugby league team. St Helens is a metropolitan borough of Merseyside in the Liverpool City Region)
Lilo Lil (A character in the TV Series Bread, which was filmed in Liverpool)

Lilo Lil and saintslad joined on the same day in 2008. Saintslad was ignored on the Ideal World forum, leading to the creation of the MurialB sub-forum, after they have seen many users mention Murial lots of times for buying every item , but only when Peter Simon is on. A means of trying to get the regular Ideal World posters to talk to him or her in any way possible?

This is just my hunch, as I stated at the beginning.
That would be wasted spare time.

Muriel, the word dear doesn't offend me at all, it just makes it appear that you're not who you say you are. Particularly your comments praising Peter Simon.

We don't buy much from Ideal World because the products are often low quality items that can be bought cheaper elsewhere. Or expensive items that are cheaper elsewhere. Or unbranded products that presenters say are equal to products costing hundreds of pounds more. Or Peter Simon thinking he's funny and coming out with crude comments that are not appropriate for a shopping TV presenter. And also Peter implying that one easy pay is the total cost. And let's not forget the "ooh we've made a mistake here, the price should have been £200 but it says £5.99 so buy them quickly before they notice".

Many of us on here watch it because it's often bad. However we do get annoyed where there is blatant misrepresentation. We just want honest presentations and not screaming harpies like Sally trying to convince the viewer that this frumpy outfit is the height of fashion.

Many of us are on here because there are some very funny contributors, and some hugely knowledgeable ones in watches for example that speak about things that are totally over my head. We try to have a laugh.

We don't buy much so if that's what you want to talk about this might not be the best forum for you. But if you do stay you will read a lot of negative comments about Peter.

Still not sure how your friend knew that you were the Muriel we were talking about.

Last edited:
I have to say that my forum name is a choice I made years ago and, as far as I am aware, I have never had a desire to be known as anyone else.

I have no connection with saintslad and MurielB!

I have to say that my forum name is a choice I made years ago and, as far as I am aware, I have never had a desire to be known as anyone else.

I have no connection with saintslad and MurielB!
Likewise.
There is no connection.

Latest posts

Back