WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For those people who simply want to try this type of product before splashing out on WEN then Amazon do a similar range. I notice WEN has mixed reviews on Q and I suppose this type of product doesn`t suit all people, love it or hate it so it seems. I know Q have the 30mbg but I`d give the Amazon one a try first, it isn`t much more expensive than the p and p on the WEN would be. Similar fragrances, sulfate free etc. I fancy the tea tree one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...rds=wen&ie=UTF8&qid=1398091115&rnid=184311031

For those people who simply want to try this type of product before splashing out on WEN then Amazon do a similar range. I notice WEN has mixed reviews on Q and I suppose this type of product doesn`t suit all people, love it or hate it so it seems. I know Q have the 30mbg but I`d give the Amazon one a try first, it isn`t much more expensive than the p and p on the WEN would be. Similar fragrances, sulfate free etc. I fancy the tea tree one.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...rds=wen&ie=UTF8&qid=1398091115&rnid=184311031
Vienna there is a good youtube comparison of WEN and Hairone. The ingredients are pretty much identical. The reviewer calls HairOne a bootleg WEN!

Ive been tempted to try Hair One for some time , a lot reviews and videos seem to think Hair one does the exact same job as Wen , but for ALOT less money , I hope someone on here have tried to give us there reviews on it.

Tempted but I know the Wen Tsv is on this weekend so doesn't leave much time for the amazon one to get to me. Am looking forward to this Tsv!

The one on Amazon does not say how many pumps to use and the bottles are 350mls by the look of them. First review I spotted said made the colour in her hair run and the next said still has alcohol which will dry your hair out.

I am bringing home 32 fl oz of Six Thirteen which I bought from Amazon for $50 which is about £30, I am hoping to be able to buy this in the UK.
Lynn :mysmilie_48:

Had a postcard this morning - a quick glance so can't remember the shampoo size, but the mask is the small size (2oz). SAM and Pom are the versions on my card.

Anyone else had the same/different?

I got the card too. Its Pom and Almond Mint 480mls sizes plus the 2oz sizes of the deep conditioner. I have still using my conditioner from September and still a good bit left in it.

Had a postcard this morning - a quick glance so can't remember the shampoo size, but the mask is the small size (2oz). SAM and Pom are the versions on my card.

Anyone else had the same/different?

Got the same, it only confirms what scw posted on here a week ago

I used Pomegranate again the other day and I'm still not over the moon about the scent. The Fig definitely reminds me of cherry tunes and the Pom does too but also reminds me of the discontinued Aveda Cherry Almond Bark range and, to be fair, it doesn't really linger.

It occurred to me that if I were using a regular shampoo (rinse & repeat) and conditioner I'd probably have roughly the same amount of product in my hand as I use in a single application of Wen (meaning 2 lots of shampoo and 1 of conditioner if they were in the palm of my hand at the same time). I think the sales pitch puts people off trying the range as it sounds as though you'll need 2 x 20 pumps every wash and I don't think you will. I know I sound like a broken record but you will get great results provided you apply enough the first couple of times to coat you hair so that the cleanser can carry away any product build up when you rinse it thoroughly. The rinsing is key. Now my hair stays clean for up to a week and I use a single application of about 10-12 pumps, leave it about 5 mins and rinse. Over a year it costs me less than when I was using Ojon or Aveda because I stock up during their sales.

I can understand people's reticence to try the range but you can't tell without trying it whether it'll work so I reckon the TSV is a good place to start and use the 30 day MBG to try it out, even if it costs you 2 lots of postage. OMG I sound like a sales person!

Here endeth the lesson!

Quick question for the converted, do you now only WEN, or do you occasionally regularly shampoo and condition? I think it's a bit of a moot point for me, though, I've just returned to my old, beloved Aveda Blue Malva, having realised that I should never have been tempted away in the first place.

The only time I use shampoo is if I colour my hair and the toner has made it look too dark all over or if it has "grabbed" the ends. Shampoo will fade it in a couple of washes whereas Wen doesn't. I don't use the conditioner supplied in home dye kits, I just use Wen cleanser (or if my hair feels straw-like I'll use the Wen deep conditioner that comes in the tub. I went red over the winter and there was far less colour fade than I used to get with red hair colours which are notoriously unstable.

I don't need to use a clarifying shampoo prior to colouring as there's no build up with Wen.

I had to use shampoo at a hotel recently and couldn't wait to use Wen again; and I'll admit I have used DD's shampoo if she buys her own because I can't resist testing something new; she's currently using Percy & Reed bought from TK and they seem nice enough and her smells lovely but I'll stick with Wen because I'm basically too lazy to "take two bottles into the shower" as the old Sassoon Wash & Go ad used to say. I also quite liked the Liz Earle shampoo - I'm not a complete Wen zealot, honest!:mysmilie_19:

I started using WEN towards the end of January, the 480ml Cucumber Aloe one lasted about 8 weeks. I've got short hair, fine but lots of it and greasy at the roots (grown out crop now similar to Jackie Kabler's style) and have never used as many pumps as recommended. I tend to use 2 pumps, rinse then 3 pumps. I don't reapply any as a leave in conditioner. I still need to wash daily with WEN because of my greasy roots, will leave it one day without washing at the weekend if I'm not going anywhere. No wow factor results from WEN for me, but when it ran out end March and I went back to a few days of Liz earle shampoo and conditioner it prompted me to reorder WEN. When my hair was a layered crop my hair was in good condition, as it only ever needed a quick blast with a hairdryer. Having grown it to one length albeit still short, if I don't use WEN it tangles the instant I shampoo it. For me the advantage with WEN is the tangle free aspect. I suspect, however, that WEN is contributing to drying my hair out. I can't say WEN is solely to blame, as since starting with WEN end January my hair has been coloured, grown a bit, and consequently now gets blow dried all the time. Nonetheless, my hair is dull and drier looking than it's ever been in my life with split ends. If the price of the latest TSV is good I'll likely buy it because of the tangle free aspect, and see how my hair is after it's next cut to judge whether WEN's been having an impact on the condition.

Latest posts

Back