Washing machines

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wouldn't go anywhere else - service is astounding!

When I bought my Bosch machine from them there was a few weeks delay. They lent me a machine free of charge which they delivered and installed free of charge as well.

When my fridge freezer went phut I ended up buying from my local independent dealer. I could have got the same fridge freezer slightly cheaper from Currys BUT Currys couldn't deliver the same day and wanted to charge me £25 to take my old one away. I think I paid about £20 more in the end. They delivered the day I ordered it. They told me to leave everything in the freezer until they arrived. They then took the baskets put of the freezer for me and helped me put everything back in the new one. They didn't charge to take the other one away. They cleaned behind the old one before putting the new one in and they made sure the fridge was all ready to go ... shelves in the right place and all tape etc removed.

AND they called me the next day to make sure everything was OK.

I've bought from them before and I certainly will again. To my mind it was £20 well spent!

When my fridge freezer went phut I ended up buying from my local independent dealer. I could have got the same fridge freezer slightly cheaper from Currys BUT Currys couldn't deliver the same day and wanted to charge me £25 to take my old one away. I think I paid about £20 more in the end. They delivered the day I ordered it. They told me to leave everything in the freezer until they arrived. They then took the baskets put of the freezer for me and helped me put everything back in the new one. They didn't charge to take the other one away. They cleaned behind the old one before putting the new one in and they made sure the fridge was all ready to go ... shelves in the right place and all tape etc removed.

AND they called me the next day to make sure everything was OK.

I've bought from them before and I certainly will again. To my mind it was £20 well spent!

Wow, that is brilliant and I thought mine were good.

We use Curry's mostly as they're just up the road and usually they're ok. We bought separate large fridge & freezer and OH was very cheeky and asked if there was any discount for buying two together - cheeky bugger got us £100 knocked off!

I had a zanussi washer for 15 years with no trouble and a tumble dryer, I gave the dryer to a friend when I had a new kitchen and its still going! I have a whirlpool now but have had the engineers out to it about 4 times in 6 years!

Whirlpool shrunk my washing as it overheated & flooded the 1st time I used it. No wonder they were on offer at the time! A few years ago now but I would never buy anything by whirlpool again!

Whirlpool shrunk my washing as it overheated & flooded the 1st time I used it. No wonder they were on offer at the time! A few years ago now but I would never buy anything by whirlpool again!

same here, in my earlier post I said about mine going bang and I couldn't get my washing out - first use this was..the door welded itself shut! Miller Bros where we bought it from were very good tho and sent us a new one out the next day, but I'd never have another either.

same here, in my earlier post I said about mine going bang and I couldn't get my washing out - first use this was..the door welded itself shut! Miller Bros where we bought it from were very good tho and sent us a new one out the next day, but I'd never have another either.

The neighbours had to rush over with mops to stop the water damaging the floor. It was my 1st flat on a mortgage, I was practically in tears. House of Fraser were very good, took it away & said that if my floor had been damaged they'd have replaced it, thankfully we all managed to avert that happening. The water gushed from the drum seal everywhere & it was very hot, nitemare Carol! x

Wow, that is brilliant and I thought mine were good.

That is exactly the sort of service we get with our Euronics dealership and the owner lives very near us and will drop things in on his way home from the shop.

I've not got a great track record when it comes to the longevity of washing machines. I probably over fill them which doesn't help. My first was a second hand twin tub! What a little nightmare that was! It sloshed and danced it's way round the kitchen and I had to steel myself to use it. On reflection it was easier packing the washing in a bin bag, strapping the baby into a baby carrier and trudging to the launderette which was a couple of miles away! My next was a Zanussi washer dryer (again second hand!) Bliss!!! However it didn't last long. I think I cried when it died though. Next was a state of the art Whirpool. It blew up just outside the guarantee ~ nightmare! After that a Hotpoint (rubbish) a Candy (equally rubbish) an Advent (very rubbish). My Bosch lasted the longest. I had that for about 5 years. I know there have been others which I've forgotten about because their visit was so brief. I've now got an Indesit with a five year guarantee. I bought it from Comet just before they folded because the reviews were good. The guarantee's probably worthless now. I may decide to do my washing in the bath in future.

We had an 18 year old Zanussi that packed up last year.
We live in the country so it's a big jaunt to get to Currys , or any electrical supplier,anyhow when we did get ther and selected our machine it was going to takes almost a week to be delivered, it ended up as being a case of what can be delivered quickest and ended up with a ****** Hotpoint.

We were told that the days of longevity for washing machines were long gone

The neighbours had to rush over with mops to stop the water damaging the floor. It was my 1st flat on a mortgage, I was practically in tears. House of Fraser were very good, took it away & said that if my floor had been damaged they'd have replaced it, thankfully we all managed to avert that happening. The water gushed from the drum seal everywhere & it was very hot, nitemare Carol! x

Not good flooding in a flat! I'm glad you had a happy ending there. I mentioned recently somewhere about my old Bendix which filled up to the top of the porthole and also had a broken door lock - when I say my 2 yr old DD came hopping and skipping thru the kitchen (think I was dishing up a meal), you know what I'm going to say don't you..yep, for some unknown reason she grabbed the washer door handle and pulled....gush...! Well it was a galley kitchen...!

I`ve lost count of the number of washing machines I`ve had over the last 40 years, some good, some not so good. My first machine back in 1973 was an old sit up and beg Servis upright with wringers on the top. It had belonged to my Mum and it was built like a tank, then onto a twin tub and finally an automatic. I must be odd one out because one of the best and longest lasting machines I had, was a Hotpoint. I remarried last year and moved into OH`s house and I hate his washing machine. Its an Indesit washer dryer but I have a separate dryer so only use it as a washing machine. The drum is tiny and I keep hoping the damned thing would break down then I can have a new one but the bugger just keeps going on and on just to spite me lol

I`ve lost count of the number of washing machines I`ve had over the last 40 years, some good, some not so good. My first machine back in 1973 was an old sit up and beg Servis upright with wringers on the top. It had belonged to my Mum and it was built like a tank, then onto a twin tub and finally an automatic. I must be odd one out because one of the best and longest lasting machines I had, was a Hotpoint. I remarried last year and moved into OH`s house and I hate his washing machine. Its an Indesit washer dryer but I have a separate dryer so only use it as a washing machine. The drum is tiny and I keep hoping the damned thing would break down then I can have a new one but the bugger just keeps going on and on just to spite me lol
That reminded me of my servis twin tub Vienna! My mom and Dad bought it for us as a wedding present I had it for 8 years and then gave it to my sister to tide her over. I hated when I had to wash my sheets it seemed hard work lol I remember it was quite trendy with its brown top as it went with my kitchen at the time :mysmilie_61:

I had a Servis twin tub in the 70s which I think would still be going now - I divorced and re-married and new OH had a Hoover Keymatic, my first experience of an automatic, and he also had a tumble drier..I'd never seen one before! The washer tho, I couldn't believe how long a program took to complete, I could've done a whole week's wash in the twin tub in the time, but I suppose we're all used to that nowadays, and it is nice to be able to set it going and walk away and do something else.

we did once have a washer-drier combined, I didn't like it at all, I hadn't realised you could only do a half size wash if you were using a wash & tumble program - maybe it's different now, I'm going back a few years. The washing also smelt funny when it had been tumbled for some reason. Condenser tumbler maybe.

This time we wanted to replace both washer & tumbler so we had to buy the same brand - amazing how many different shades of white there are! My choices at the time were Hotpoint or Hoover and I'd said I'd never have another Hoover after the one I had when i was first married, which is probably unfair as it was just a tub with a side agitator then but it ripped our clothes! So Hotpoint it was and up to now we're doing ok. Fingers crossed as I say that!

Took me so long to type mine I missed yours Nora! Yes, the twin tub had a lovely top didn't it - forget what colour ours was but it was virtually my only working surface in the tiny kitchen I had back then!

Took me so long to type mine I missed yours Nora! Yes, the twin tub had a lovely top didn't it - forget what colour ours was but it was virtually my only working surface in the tiny kitchen I had back then!

Yes BM as we lived in a council flat at the time there was a lack of work tops so I used mine too! Great minds eh?

My first washing machine 25 years ago was an Electrolux washer/dryer although I stopped using the dryer part after a while. The machine last about 17 years ago and when the guy came to install my Zanussi he took one look at it sitting out the back and said they don't make them like any longer. My Zanussi didn't last long - suddently developed a leak which was irrepairable and when I asked my little service man to recommend something he said Miele. However, as that was out of my budget he then suggested a Panasonic! Didn't even know they made washing machines but he said they had just entered the European market. I have had it for a few years and, touch wood, no problems. Huge drum for just one person, mind you, but never mind.

I still believe it's just the luck of the draw with white goods!

Going off topic slightly but I have had money put aside to replace my cooker for a while now. It is 26 years old and still going strong! It's going to go phut at some point. I've no idea what make it is though. The name was printed on the glass door to the grill and over the years it's worn off.

What really makes me chuckle is that oven light still works and I've never changed the bulb! I don't use it that often but even so.

Iv had 3 in last 3 years. I cant settle with the Indesit I have. My mum has a hoover which I use and is much better. I cannot find many machines which take the podwer residues out the draer and so dont rinse effectivly. I always get the drawer out to rinse out after its took detergent. does anyone else find this? I have 1600 spin but rarely use it on full spin. I always use the extra rinse, on mine and mums, grans.Dads.

Latest posts

Back