Warrington Outlet New Trolley Policy....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jacaranda

Registered Shopper
Apparently from the 20th February the manager of Warrington Outlet has decreed that no trollies will be allowed in store, because people buying items are blocking up the clothing area!!! They are however providing plastic shopping baskets that you have to carry, not the large ones you pull along. The notice says please ask staff for help with heavier items.... Think the staff are going to be very busy having to keep picking up items for shoppers....and then where are they going to put them whilst we continue shopping. Well you can't get more than a couple of tops in let alone a jacket in the size basket they are supplying!!! Why does he think trollies were invented in the first place.

Asked them today what does a disabled person who walks with a stick and can't carry a basket in the other (need at least one hand free) and usually uses the trolley to help themselves walk and was greeted with the answer that he has said use the mobility centre. Well Birchwood doesn't have that many scooters, you have to pre-book them and excuse me, whilst I am still capable of walking I shall. Talk about disability discrimination.....

Also makes you wonder if they actually want to sell anything. Judging by the amount of fully shopping trollie, each person would have needed to have been carrying 4 or more baskets....methinks this is not going to be a very good system. Especially if everyone makes it really difficult for them to work it!!! Please do make it an unworkable policy.

Maybe they think people are too relaxed shopping there and they want to ship 'em in and ship 'em out. After our experience there recently amongst the tat it's the first and last visit.

Well i think it is a good policy as i have seen Ladies with trollies waiting for new rails to be wheeled out and they then pounce and clear everything off the rail and throw it in the trolly. They then go through stash and put anything they don't want back on the rail.
Nice one manager!
I think the trollies belong to Asda so nowt to do with QVC shop anyway.

Last edited:
I agree with Miss Molly. For ages now there has been a space half way down the shop with a notice stating that trolleys must be left there if people want to go into the jewellery section. This is blatantly ignored and when you're trying to look at the jewellery and can't get near the display cabinets because of flaming Asda trolleys it's very annoying!!!!

This was the case when I went in on Monday and there were trolleys everywhere, in everyone's way, the shop is just too small for them. The people with them did not look disabled to me and they were piled high with stuff plus all their groceries from other shops - the manager must have decided that enough is enough, good on him!!

Some of those pile em high sell them on eBay shoppers with thier trolleys would take your legs from under you to get to the rails I hope the new policy succeeds. It's a shame for anyone who uses the trolley to help them get round but as usual it's the few who abuse the system and make things difficult for others who spoil it.

Well i think it is a good policy as i have seen Ladies with trollies waiting for new rails to be wheeled out and they then pounce and clear everything off the rail and throw it in the trolly. They then go through stash and put anything they don't want back on the rail.
Nice one manager!
I think the trollies belong to Asda so nowt to do with QVC shop anyway.

I thought sometime at the end of last year they brought in a new system, were no rails or clothing were to be brought out when the store was open.
One of the girls told me for safety the clothing rails were to be restocked when the store was closed.
I've not been much since and certainly not in a morning, to see what the regulars now do.
They were always seen to be camping in relays, with their trolley awaiting the new items.

Sounds to me like a case of the greedy ruining things for the disabled. The mobility scooters aren't always the answer for the disabled, they are quite hard to steer. QVC Warrington is quite a small shop and to me it would be a lot fairer to say no the trolleys for the able bodied, though what would be the situation on the disabled walkers, as they can trip others up? I have seen some disabled people be very selfish and just barge in because they can, but equally you get people using trolleys like an offensive weapon.

So I think the manager is going to have to tweak his policy a little ie it is not a black and white situation. Public safety has to be the first concern and I have never thought the current system during busy times was safe, as asking people not to take trolleys into clothing aisles was ignored. The manager isn't disabled, therefore does not have the slightest idea of the problems they have. To him using a mobility scooter is the answer, they aren't because the QVC Warrington store does not have enough room to swing a cat. Tolerance seems to have gone out of the window and I expect there to be plenty of tut tutting because the disabled have difficulties.

Sounds to me like a case of the greedy ruining things for the disabled. The mobility scooters aren't always the answer for the disabled, they are quite hard to steer. QVC Warrington is quite a small shop and to me it would be a lot fairer to say no the trolleys for the able bodied, though what would be the situation on the disabled walkers, as they can trip others up? I have seen some disabled people be very selfish and just barge in because they can, but equally you get people using trolleys like an offensive weapon.

bit off topic but in primark, they use pushchairs as a battering ram.

bit off topic but in primark, they use pushchairs as a battering ram.

Think that's about right, perhaps some people could do with driving lessons for their pushchairs, particularly as they carry a precious occupant, their child.

Another way off topic but related, I was on a scooter in Evans and was having difficulty in getting out having made a purchase and this woman was saying very loudly that people like me should not be allowed in shops! Before I could think of a thing to say, the manageress said to this woman "be grateful you can walk round on your own two legs"!

Getting back to topic, the general public don't realise the limitations of the scooter and another thing that really gets my back up is the way they talk over you like you are mentally deficient, can't get it through their skulls that just because your body maybe breaking down, they shouldn't assume your brain is going the same way.

Unfortunately LorraineJ it happens on every level I have a friend who has been disabled from birth he employ 20 people in a very successful business but when seeing a consultant recently with complications due to his disability his wife had to point out to the consultant that she wasn`t the patient as he continually directed the questions to her as though my friend wasn`t capable of answering for himself!!

One things I wanted to ask, isn't the shop breaking the law effectively refusing access for the severely disabled?

(mum writes)

I went with my son to a local airshow a few years ago. I'm not able to walk long distances so we hired a scooter so I could get around the airfield. I went into one stall and some woman said very loudly to her partner "People only get those because they're too lazy to walk." That upset me a lot. I can't imagine how someone would feel who has no use of their legs.

One things I wanted to ask, isn't the shop breaking the law effectively refusing access for the severely disabled?

I wouldn't think so, I know people use shopping trollies as walking aids, my mum does, but strictly speaking they aren't. If they said no wheelchairs or walking frames then they would probably be breaching the law but as the trollies aren't even theirs I would think they are within their rights.

(mum writes)

I went with my son to a local airshow a few years ago. I'm not able to walk long distances so we hired a scooter so I could get around the airfield. I went into one stall and some woman said very loudly to her partner "People only get those because they're too lazy to walk." That upset me a lot. I can't imagine how someone would feel who has no use of their legs.

Its taken me about eighteen months to come to this conclusion (when I was suddenly struck down and diagnosed with MS) but remarks like that are made by people who are selfish and self centred or to put it another way, have no idea what they are saying, let alone how hurtful someone else might find their remarks.

They are not,they are just asking shoppers not to bring Asda trolleys into shop.

Strikes me then that the problem is the Asda trolleys, the disabled that use scooters, would not use them anyway. I have hired a scooter or taken my own to Warrington and have to hop off to look round the bits that are not accessible with the scooter, but not everyone can do that, hence my question. I think it a good idea that the store is now having baskets but think that the shop should have one or two trolleys for customers with walking difficulties, for use just in the QVC shop. If I was shopping in Asda, I'd be very annoyed if there were no trolleys available because they were in other shops in the centre.

(mum writes)

I'm not able to walk long distances so we hired a scooter so I could get around the airfield. I went into one stall and some woman said very loudly to her partner "People only get those because they're too lazy to walk."

People make comments like that because they're too stupid to think.

Think that's about right, perhaps some people could do with driving lessons for their pushchairs, particularly as they carry a precious occupant, their child.

Another way off topic but related, I was on a scooter in Evans and was having difficulty in getting out having made a purchase and this woman was saying very loudly that people like me should not be allowed in shops! Before I could think of a thing to say, the manageress said to this woman "be grateful you can walk round on your own two legs"!

Getting back to topic, the general public don't realise the limitations of the scooter and another thing that really gets my back up is the way they talk over you like you are mentally deficient, can't get it through their skulls that just because your body maybe breaking down, they shouldn't assume your brain is going the same way.

hear hear for that shop manager! :clapping:

so sorry lorraine and moth, you've had to endure this. here's a (((hug)))

Latest posts

Back