Ultrasun TSV 04/07/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In case anyone’s interested, there’s an updated test report from Which? on sun screens. The highlights are:

Best Buys / Passed Tests
  • Aldi Lacura SPF30 Sun Lotion, £2.49/200ml
  • Lidl Cien Sun Spray SPF30, £3.29/200ml
  • Piz Buin in Sun Moisturising Sun Lotion SPF30, £6.50/200ml
Don’t Buy / Failed Tests
  • Asda Protect Moisturising Sun Lotion SPF 30 High
  • Bondi Sands SPF50+ Face Sunscreen Lotion
  • Calypso Press & Protect Sun Lotion SPF30
These SPF50 & SFP50+ ones also passed
  • Boots Soltan Brightening Protect & Moisturise Facial Suncare Cream with Vitamin C SPF50, £6.50/50ml
  • Garnier Ambre Solaire Super UV Daily Invisible Face Serum with SPF 50+, £9.49/30ml
  • Nivea Sun UV Face Anti-Age Q10 Cream SPF50, £10.00/50ml
  • Ultrasun Face SPF50+, £26.00/50ml
There also a number of kids’ ones I haven’t listed here.

In case anyone’s interested, there’s an updated test report from Which? on sun screens. The highlights are:

Best Buys / Passed Tests
  • Aldi Lacura SPF30 Sun Lotion, £2.49/200ml
  • Lidl Cien Sun Spray SPF30, £3.29/200ml
  • Piz Buin in Sun Moisturising Sun Lotion SPF30, £6.50/200ml
Don’t Buy / Failed Tests
  • Asda Protect Moisturising Sun Lotion SPF 30 High
  • Bondi Sands SPF50+ Face Sunscreen Lotion
  • Calypso Press & Protect Sun Lotion SPF30
These SPF50 & SFP50+ ones also passed
  • Boots Soltan Brightening Protect & Moisturise Facial Suncare Cream with Vitamin C SPF50, £6.50/50ml
  • Garnier Ambre Solaire Super UV Daily Invisible Face Serum with SPF 50+, £9.49/30ml
  • Nivea Sun UV Face Anti-Age Q10 Cream SPF50, £10.00/50ml
  • Ultrasun Face SPF50+, £26.00/50ml
There also a number of kids’ ones I haven’t listed here.
Which? do this every year to get people subscribing!!! I take these with huge pinch of salt, for example, Bondi Sands is Australian, they will be so well tested to meet Australian regulations which are incredibly strict!!! Also they only tested 12 items, rather small in my opinion!

Which? do this every year to get people subscribing!!! I take these with huge pinch of salt, for example, Bondi Sands is Australian, they will be so well tested to meet Australian regulations which are incredibly strict!!! Also they only tested 12 items, rather small in my opinion!
I do subscribe so they won’t be hooking me in! ;) (If anything I might cancel because it’s so expensive now and anything major gets picked up in the press anyway so you don’t always need the subscription.)

I tend to trust Which? and I can’t see them telling blatant lies but maybe their testing was flawed, in which case Bondi Sands need to contest their findings. It wouldn’t be the first time the Consumers Association have been challenged and they do report back if they made a mistake.

PS I just saw in the detail, Which? said

“This sun cream failed our SPF tests twice. It didn’t come close to the claimed SPF and didn’t reach the minimum required UVA protection.

Bondi Sands didn't respond to our invitation to comment.”

Last edited:

Attachments

• Ultrasun TSV 1.png
    Ultrasun TSV 1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Ultrasun TSV 2.png
    Ultrasun TSV 2.png
    685 KB · Views: 0
  • Ultrasun TSV 3.png
    Ultrasun TSV 3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • Ultrasun TSV 4.png
    Ultrasun TSV 4.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 0
I use Puiz Buin both factors 30 and 50. I have never burnt. £5.99 from Home Bargains. Also use the Aftersun. I refuse to pay the silly prices Ultrasun ask for these days.
It is getting very expensive… that said, I started using my face lotion beginning of April. And it’s still got some in.. so it does last.

I am looking at alternatives to Ultrasun, face products especially. I am finding the pump delivery in the containers I have at the moment very poor.I am sure there will be a fair amount left which I will not be able to get out.

I am looking at alternatives to Ultrasun, face products especially. I am finding the pump delivery in the containers I have at the moment very poor.I am sure there will be a fair amount left which I will not be able to get out.
A chap on here (Julius - alas sadly departed) used Soltan 'once' by boots. Its another once a day (common sense applies) product. It seems to have decent reviews, & Julius would let fly if something was rubbish (an entertaining chap) Also much cheaper than U.sun. ..
Also you'd get advantage points. They tend to have lots of deals on Soltan with the card.

Ultrasun 4 Piece Collection TSV 04/07/24 (more options to come)
Any estimates re price please Super? Do you have any records from last year ? I'm considering this for the Factor 30, but there may be better ways to purchase if the other 2 products in the tsv are rubbish, which I think they may be.
Thanks in advance xx

PS: Are you getting any L'occitane for your Mom in todays TSV?

Ultrasun 4 Piece Holiday Heroes Collection
Item Number: 250970
QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £33.00
P&P £3.95

Heading off on your travels? Then don't forget to pack this four-piece Holiday Heroes Collection from Ultrasun! This collection features four fabulous formulas tailored to you and your family's individual skin needs, including your choice of Body Tan Activator SPF 30 or Family SPF 30, plus three more suncare icons. Whether you want to keep the whole family's skin safe or stay protected and top up your tan at the same time, this collection is your key to sun-happy skin!

*A great saving: if you were to buy either option individually, directly from Ultrasun you'd pay £82. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £33, plus P&P, you're saving £45.05.

For the glow-getters - the Tan option is for those who want peace of mind, knowing that skin is protected while still achieving that coveted glow. It features Body Tan Activator SPF 30, which helps to prepare your skin for sun exposure and helps moisturise to provide a longer-lasting tan.

For the whole family - if you're looking for high UV protection for the whole family, no matter their skin type or age, go for the Family option. Perfect for sensitive skin types, it offers Family SPF 30, which is a great everyday sun cream.

For everyone - in each option, you get Lip Protection SPF 30, specially formulated to help protect the delicate skin on your lips from harmful UV rays, as well as Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50, a lightweight formula that helps reduce the appearance of sun-induced skin ageing. You'll also get the Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50, perfect for high protection to spray on the go!

Long-lasting protection - just one application of SPF from this Ultrasun range provides long-lasting protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types.

EcoSun awarded - known for their patented lamellar technology and broad spectrum sun protection formulas, Ultrasun was the first suncare brand worldwide to be awarded the BASF EcoSun pass status. For more information on the BASF EcoSun pass, please visit carecreations.basf.com/ecosun-pass.

Stay stocked up - make sure you don't run out of your favourite sun protection with our Subscribe & Save option. Choose this and you'll receive an additional delivery of this collection in 60 days' time, at today's special price!

• Free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
Make your choice:

Tan option contains:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky UVA and UVB sun protection that helps prepare your skin before sun exposure, while promoting a healthy looking, sun-kissed glow. With GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml) - this fast-absorbing, lightweight and non-greasy SPF face cream works to restore optimal moisture levels and helps to reduce the appearance of sun-induced lines, wrinkles, and larger pores while offering UVA and UVB sun protection with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml) - delivers high UVA and UVB broad spectrum protection in a super lightweight transparent spray that's non-greasy and quick drying. It can be worn on top of, or beneath make-up and is gentle enough for the most sensitive of skins
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) - helps protect against sun (UVA and UVB), wind and cold, and provides intensive care and moisture for dry and chapped lips. Enriched with vitamin E and blackcurrant seed oil and with no artificial colours. Temperature-stable
Or

Family option contains:

• 1 x Family SPF 30 (150ml) - especially suitable for sensitive and allergy-prone skin, this water-resistant formula is ideal for protecting you and your little ones in the sun. A fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky UVA and UVB sun protection gel with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml)
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml)
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g)

How to use:

SPF:

• Apply in the shade to clean, dry skin, 15 to 30 minutes before sun exposure - reapply in extreme circumstances
Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50:

• Can be applied as part of your daily skincare routine
  • Apply to clean dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • Massage into your face, neck and decollete and allow to absorb before applying other skincare on top
Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50:

• Close your eyes and mouth before application
  • Can be applied under or over make-up
  • Spray generously and evenly on the whole face in a horizontal movement, at a minimum of 15cm distance
Lip Protection:

• Apply directly to the lips throughout the day as required
  • Can be used on the nose or ears to give extra protection in those easy-to-forget areas

Please refer to the sun account to make sure you use the right level SPF for your skin and do not exceed the amount of time you can spend in the sun.

Tan option contains:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml) RRP £28 + post
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml) RRP £24 + post
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml) RRP £22 + post
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) RRP £10 + post
Total RRP £82 + post

Or

Family option contains:
  • 1 x Family SPF 30 (150ml) RRP £28 + post

Total RRP £82 + post

Tan option contains:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml) RRP £28 + post
Total RRP £82 + post

Or

Family option contains:
  • 1 x Family SPF 30 (150ml) RRP £28 + post

Total RRP £82 + post
A great saving: if you were to buy either option individually, directly from Ultrasun you'd pay £82

Tan option contains:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml) RRP £28 cost £12.62
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml) RRP £24 cost £10.81
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml) RRP £22 cost £9.91
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) RRP £8cost £3.61
Total RRP £82 cost £36.95 incl p&p used in calculations.

Or

Family option contains:
  • 1 x Family SPF 30 (150ml) RRP £28 cost £12.62
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml) RRP £24 cost £10.81
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml) RRP £22 cost £9.91
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) RRP £8 cost £3.61
Total RRP £82 cost £36.95 incl p&p used in calculations.

Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

Ultrasun 4 Piece Holiday Heroes Collection
Item Number: 250970
QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £33.00
P&P £3.95

Heading off on your travels? Then don't forget to pack this four-piece Holiday Heroes Collection from Ultrasun! This collection features four fabulous formulas tailored to you and your family's individual skin needs, including your choice of Body Tan Activator SPF 30 or Family SPF 30, plus three more suncare icons. Whether you want to keep the whole family's skin safe or stay protected and top up your tan at the same time, this collection is your key to sun-happy skin!

*A great saving: if you were to buy either option individually, directly from Ultrasun you'd pay £82. So, for our Today's Special Value price of just £33, plus P&P, you're saving £45.05.

For the glow-getters - the Tan option is for those who want peace of mind, knowing that skin is protected while still achieving that coveted glow. It features Body Tan Activator SPF 30, which helps to prepare your skin for sun exposure and helps moisturise to provide a longer-lasting tan.

For the whole family - if you're looking for high UV protection for the whole family, no matter their skin type or age, go for the Family option. Perfect for sensitive skin types, it offers Family SPF 30, which is a great everyday sun cream.

For everyone - in each option, you get Lip Protection SPF 30, specially formulated to help protect the delicate skin on your lips from harmful UV rays, as well as Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50, a lightweight formula that helps reduce the appearance of sun-induced skin ageing. You'll also get the Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50, perfect for high protection to spray on the go!

Long-lasting protection - just one application of SPF from this Ultrasun range provides long-lasting protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types.

EcoSun awarded - known for their patented lamellar technology and broad spectrum sun protection formulas, Ultrasun was the first suncare brand worldwide to be awarded the BASF EcoSun pass status. For more information on the BASF EcoSun pass, please visit carecreations.basf.com/ecosun-pass.

Stay stocked up - make sure you don't run out of your favourite sun protection with our Subscribe & Save option. Choose this and you'll receive an additional delivery of this collection in 60 days' time, at today's special price!

• Free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
Make your choice:

Tan option contains:

• 1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky UVA and UVB sun protection that helps prepare your skin before sun exposure, while promoting a healthy looking, sun-kissed glow. With GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml) - this fast-absorbing, lightweight and non-greasy SPF face cream works to restore optimal moisture levels and helps to reduce the appearance of sun-induced lines, wrinkles, and larger pores while offering UVA and UVB sun protection with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml) - delivers high UVA and UVB broad spectrum protection in a super lightweight transparent spray that's non-greasy and quick drying. It can be worn on top of, or beneath make-up and is gentle enough for the most sensitive of skins
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) - helps protect against sun (UVA and UVB), wind and cold, and provides intensive care and moisture for dry and chapped lips. Enriched with vitamin E and blackcurrant seed oil and with no artificial colours. Temperature-stable
Or

Family option contains:

• 1 x Family SPF 30 (150ml) - especially suitable for sensitive and allergy-prone skin, this water-resistant formula is ideal for protecting you and your little ones in the sun. A fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky UVA and UVB sun protection gel with GSP for Infrared protection, titanium dioxide for blue light protection and lamellar technology
  • 1 x Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50 (40ml)
  • 1 x Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50 (75ml)
  • 1 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g)

How to use:

SPF:

• Apply in the shade to clean, dry skin, 15 to 30 minutes before sun exposure - reapply in extreme circumstances
Face Photo Age Control Fluid SPF 50:

• Can be applied as part of your daily skincare routine
  • Apply to clean dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • Massage into your face, neck and decollete and allow to absorb before applying other skincare on top
Face & Scalp Mist SPF 50:

• Close your eyes and mouth before application
  • Can be applied under or over make-up
  • Spray generously and evenly on the whole face in a horizontal movement, at a minimum of 15cm distance
Lip Protection:

• Apply directly to the lips throughout the day as required
  • Can be used on the nose or ears to give extra protection in those easy-to-forget areas

Please refer to the sun account to make sure you use the right level SPF for your skin and do not exceed the amount of time you can spend in the sun.

Subscribe & Save

Latest posts

Back