TUMBLEWEED rolling down the high street of gems tv!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to buy masses from Gems Persianglitter and never really had a problem with stones falling out, but must admit I've hardly bought anything in the last two years, so maybe the quality has changed. Perhaps you've just been unlucky?
I did buy a white ceramic watch from Rockstv for my summer holiday this year. It looks really nice with a tan, but it's extremely heavy so quite a shock after the light little watch I normally wear. As I only wore it in the evenings on holiday, I can't really comment on its robustness - sorry.

I used to buy masses from Gems Persianglitter and never really had a problem with stones falling out, but must admit I've hardly bought anything in the last two years, so maybe the quality has changed. Perhaps you've just been unlucky?
I did buy a white ceramic watch from Rockstv for my summer holiday this year. It looks really nice with a tan, but it's extremely heavy so quite a shock after the light little watch I normally wear. As I only wore it in the evenings on holiday, I can't really comment on its robustness - sorry.

Hi Jacqualina - i am slowly beginning to realise that I must be a right Jonah (or albertross) if anything unlucky is going to happen - it usually does to me! lol thanks for the comment on the ceramic watch - ceramic does have me intrigued ! xx

Hi everyone,
I miss reading your posts when the boards are quiet..good to see you back!! I am guilty of buying from Gems (probably keeping them afloat single-handedly!) but then I always seem to have just bought from the least in favour channel! Talk about finger on the pulse eh?!
Got a lovely pair of topaz studs with diopside jackets, very sparkly and nice fresh colours for daughters christmas present.
Best wishes to Klosblue for today in hospital..hope all goes well x :flower:

Count me in to your club!!!

TBH GemsTV is the channel in favour with me at the mo and I've been lured back after about an 18 month sabbatical from them! We've had some great discounts just recently (none of the others offer that - or if they do, you're lucky if they work!), the mega clearance saw some wonderful bargains AND although CS isn't quite what it was, there are still some of the CS guys who go above and beyond. In the last few months I've had some phenomenal bargains (look at the .85ct diamond 18k white gold bezel studs for £299!)

Rocks and Co are just dire. Poor quality. Rubbish website. Hit or miss whether you actually get what you've ordered. Dreadful CS. Over priced and over hyped gemstones and, with the exception of one or two presenters, abysmal presenters! (How much do you want to bet another Rocks & Co employee will be on the board in a minute to try to flame me down)!

TJC - Rubbish website. Awful CS. Some great bargains and prices but don't have the basket facilities or time to think so have not been tempted to buy for a while.

GTV is hit and miss: haven't bought in ages, but lured back by the mega clearance last month. I got some great looking items: TP ring and pendant (although not a colour match), kunzite ring with suprisingly good colour and no widow and a stunnin RS ring.
I gave up after bad encounter with CS: returned a ring, as I was forever waiting for replacement and spoke to a very grumpy guy in CS, after which I decided that I didn't need a replacement and am still waiting for a refund! I wanted RS earrings to match my ring, but am still a bit miffed after the cs debacle and won't order or watch atm...
I

Hi Persianglitter
Hi Meeshoo
Yes I know I sounded very virtuous with the old christmas shopping but it is just easy this year to choose as 16yr old daughter is a bit like her mum in that 'all that glitters' etc!! I also seem to be choosing bits that will be mutually appreciated IYKWIM ! Have 2 godsons in their 20's and never find it easy to buy for them..so my sympathy to you PG.
I have been ok so far with Gems but am finding that all the companies are way to slow in refunding and it can lead to a right old pickle with the credit card..need a degree in accountacy to work the balance out. Meeshoo I have been tempted by the diamond studs but still don't really know what represents a good deal..thats why I love reading peoples posts and that helps point me in the right direction. x x :flower:

If only gems would sell their items off air at a fair price i wouldn't have any complains, i don't mind having to make the odd return due to a chipped/windowed stone but why the PS has to over inflate the prices so much is beyond me!

Hi Persianglitter
Hi Meeshoo
Yes I know I sounded very virtuous with the old christmas shopping but it is just easy this year to choose as 16yr old daughter is a bit like her mum in that 'all that glitters' etc!! I also seem to be choosing bits that will be mutually appreciated IYKWIM ! Have 2 godsons in their 20's and never find it easy to buy for them..so my sympathy to you PG.
I have been ok so far with Gems but am finding that all the companies are way to slow in refunding and it can lead to a right old pickle with the credit card..need a degree in accountacy to work the balance out. Meeshoo I have been tempted by the diamond studs but still don't really know what represents a good deal..thats why I love reading peoples posts and that helps point me in the right direction. x x :flower:

Briolette if in doubt ask on here! There's always somebody around to help. If the forum is quiet, do a quick internet search i.e. ".50ct diamond stud earrings 18k white gold" and see what comes up. You have to make sure you're looking at like for like though i.e. colour and grade but that should give you a good starting point. Don't forget that GemsTV always advertise the minimum carat weight you'll get so chances are you'll get bigger.

I've just done a search and this is what I've found:

http://www.diamondsfactory.co.uk/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?103=148&productid=56599
http://www.thediamondstore.co.uk/EM...EARRINGS-050CT-H-SI-P14661C690.cfm?src=search These are a lower grade and colour!
http://www.firstclassdiamonds.co.uk/white-gold-rubovers-c-147_148_163.html

I'm sure I could have found cheaper but I just clicked on the first 3 websites!

Hope that helps!

I havn't bought anything very recently, but my last parcel from the mega, too good to be true meltdown was fabulous - a 6 item out of 6 keeper! Lots of coloured diamonds which are all sparkly and were amazingly good prices. Plus my first ever TP, bought after reading the good reviews on here and which I adore!

I havn't bought anything very recently, but my last parcel from the mega, too good to be true meltdown was fabulous - a 6 item out of 6 keeper! Lots of coloured diamonds which are all sparkly and were amazingly good prices. Plus my first ever TP, bought after reading the good reviews on here and which I adore!

Flossie, just got to tell you, I love your avatar, the cat is so cute! xxx

Thanks Meeshoo
the links were really useful..I especially liked the diamond factory where you can customise the stud earrings. Its a good idea to compare prices by comparing likenesses and I will have a go at that. I had not known about the minimum gem weight with Gems TV..could be a nice little surprise there then!! Am loving learning more about different gemstones but my heart keeps on falling towards the diamonds! Wish I had the funds to match! :flower:

You're more than welcome Briolette. If diamonds are your "thing" then don't watch TJC - you'll be bankrupt in a week!

Actually GemsTV about 2 years ago had some wonderful coloured loose diamonds. Unfortunately gone are those days but the greens, reds, pinks etc., were scrumptious! :up2:

I never buy diamonds in the UK without speaking to my mates over at DiamondGeezer. You can find them on the net and if you're going to make a "considered" purchase I'd highly recommend you give them a call and say you know me. They have beaten every quote I've ever had AND their diamonds are sensational. They are really tough with grading their diamonds so I know that I'm going to get a great diamond at less money!

coloured diamonds is one thing i have never understood, seeing as if you go back 10 years ago, they were not heard of. Plus yellow diamond, i have a query about. This may sound grim, but i recall, about 2 years ago, a friend telling me that a member of her family had died, and that they had paid for the ashes of the dearly departed to be sent over to america, and they were turned into a diamond - which the wife had mounted in a ring. Now she said that the diamond was bright yellow, and thats because the ashes were from a human being. Nice idea if a little bit creepy, wouldnt want anyone i knew sat on my finger lol xxxx so are coloured diamonds must be heat treated to get the desired colour ??? xxxxx

Coloured diamonds have been around for a very long time; but in former times they were natural stones and thus very rare and little known. It is only more recently, as methods have improved to produce coloured stones artificially, by various enhancements, that they have come to the notice of a wider public.

coloured diamonds is one thing i have never understood, seeing as if you go back 10 years ago, they were not heard of. Plus yellow diamond, i have a query about. This may sound grim, but i recall, about 2 years ago, a friend telling me that a member of her family had died, and that they had paid for the ashes of the dearly departed to be sent over to america, and they were turned into a diamond - which the wife had mounted in a ring. Now she said that the diamond was bright yellow, and thats because the ashes were from a human being. Nice idea if a little bit creepy, wouldnt want anyone i knew sat on my finger lol xxxx so are coloured diamonds must be heat treated to get the desired colour ??? xxxxx

There was a huge HOOHAA about this a year or so ago. It appears that the normal human body wouldn't have enough carbon to make a single diamond and so during the process certain other "elements" had to be added to the dear departed.

This was never fully disclosed by the company doing it and they were incredibly secretive about their process but it was basically blown apart by chemists and gemstone buffs!

The diamonds produced were normally white (not yellow) but who knows!

So don't try any experiments when short of cash by cooking your finger - you won't even get enough diamond for a pave diamond!!! :tongue2:

Good Lord, I know a lot of shite don't I? :grin:

There was a huge HOOHAA about this a year or so ago. It appears that the normal human body wouldn't have enough carbon to make a single diamond and so during the process certain other "elements" had to be added to the dear departed.

This was never fully disclosed by the company doing it and they were incredibly secretive about their process but it was basically blown apart by chemists and gemstone buffs!

The diamonds produced were normally white (not yellow) but who knows!

So don't try any experiments when short of cash by cooking your finger - you won't even get enough diamond for a pave diamond!!! :tongue2:

Good Lord, I know a lot of shite don't I? :grin:

Meeshoo - no thank goodness you do! thanks for that xxxx

Latest posts

Back