TSV Czech Cooker- ??Remoska?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was thinking exactly the same. I've looked at the Remoska on Lakeland many times but wondered if I could justify the expense.

I'm sure some of our members have had fantastic results with the 'original' Remoska and I bet they'll be along soon with their valued comments.

Oh goodness a Remoska tsv!!! That's funny I'm waiting on mine to be picked up by Lakeland. A couple of times it has tripped the electrics because of steam. The first time they told me to let it dry out over night, but when it happened again a few days ago they said they would replace it as it's obviously faulty...well of course it would be, I bought it! Regardless of this if I didn't have one I'd still buy another.

Hmm I guess the negative with this is that it's from QVC and not Lakeland. If one of these went wrong nearly a year down the line I guess it would be highly unlikely you'd get a replacement as they wouldn't sell it anymore. I wonder if it's by the same manufacturer.

Looks like I'm talking to myself about this! :giggle: Anyway out of curiosity I've found out the diameter is 9 inches (23cms). My standard Remoska is 21cms. This has 1 year guarantee but they couldn't find out who the manufacturer is, just wondering if you had to replace the pan if the non stick wears off where you'd get another from if it isn't the same size as the ones in Lakeland.:6:

Just wondering, the Remoska is 470w and 2 ltrs, temps up to 220c. The TSV is 450w and 3ltrs, temps up to 180c. Would that make a difference in the cooking and quality - larger, lower temps and less power?
Good point about replacement bits, Remoska is 2 & 4 ltrs so the sizes will be different.

Thanks! :) I guess it would still cook very well as the heat has nowhere to go, but as it's bigger and has a lower temperature it would cook something like sausages and bacon slower. These sorts of food cook quicker in a shallow pan.

Thanks for the info so far.
I've been thinking about this too. On the demo I watched they talked about it being a Canadian company who made the QVC one. Can't remember the name.
Lakeland sell 'extras' for the Remoska which is a plus for them and I haven't had very good experiences of 'non stick' from Qvc.
Decisions decisions!

I've been too lazy to look at the respective prices but personally I'd go with Lakeland - I've always had great service from them and would have more confidence in them than in QVC if something should happen after the MBG expires.

:wave2:

I've been tempted with the TSV, but on thinking about it I would go for the Remoska as well. They have replacement parts - seems as though the pan scratches easily, and extras like a shallow pan, racks and pans to put in the machine. The only niggle is would the 2ltr size be big enough for 2 people? Can anyone who has one comment?

Oh, and QVC says this is the first electric oven they have done. What's the Flavourwave, then?

I rang Lakeland about mine today and asked them if they were going to do one with a thermostat and they said they hadn't heard of it yet, but they would sell it if one was brought out. I love my Remoska I never use the big oven, except for turkey at Christmas! The standard size is big enough for two people imo. I cook Hungarian Goulash in mine, I might post the receipe in the drop actually as it's my favourite. :)

I rang Lakeland about mine today and asked them if they were going to do one with a thermostat and they said they hadn't heard of it yet, but they would sell it if one was brought out. I love my Remoska I never use the big oven, except for turkey at Christmas! The standard size is big enough for two people imo. I cook Hungarian Goulash in mine, I might post the receipe in the drop actually as it's my favourite. :)

Please do Piecan. Goulash is a big favourite in our house too. :D

TSV Czech Cooker -??Remoska?

I would love the goulash recipe please.

Been wanting a Remoska for ages, but thought the presentation last night complete rubbish! there was no actual demonstration, just showing completed dishes. I was worried about the thermostat which you have to plug in, think this is a QVC extra which sounds and looks clumsy, and which was never explained properly.

I have been looking at the flavourwave too, it is advertised in lots of publications for £39.99 post free, and I think, not sure, that as I only cook for one, (excluding the dogs, of course) that I would get more use out of that as you could put in the vegetables at the same time as grillling/roasting the meat. what do you all think?

Have just posted receipe in the food section of the drop :)

My mother has a Flavourwave type cooker and she loves it. It is more difficult to clean than my Remoska as the element is exposed on hers, in the Remoska it's all contained within the lid. You could put vegetables in the Remoska too. They sell a small container which keeps things separate from other things you're cooking...although I've never used mine. :rolleyes:

I absolutely love my remoska. Lakeland have a great guarrantee as they will replace/refund anytime if you are unhappy-I wouldn't part with mine htough,it has seriously reduced my fuel bills since last August and once I had discussed safety re the heat of the lid,my 13 year old started to love using it too.

Oh well- decision made :)
Thanks for all the advice- I love this forum, it has saved me so much money :clapping: I used to fall for all the hard sell :giggle:

Latest posts

Back