TSV 14th October- Technique II Knives

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They've arrived!

Frantic ringing on the bell at just after seven -- of course, on a day I was hoping to have a lie-in.

They look wonderful, but I've had a small disaster. I tried to open the box, and found it very difficult. I was pulling at the flap and saying to myself, "I thought it was a metal closure, not velcro," when I realised I'd opened it on the wrong side and had basically torn the lid off. Now I've got to find some glue.

Anyhow, must go. I have a date with a pineapple and a sharp knife!

Mine just arrived, so I expect you'll all be getting yours today. :wohoo: Now, I'm off to chop something!

Mine too! :35:

Greeted the Postie with a huge grin. He's not my usual postie so he probably thinks I'm not the full ticket! :18:

Mine are here :D terrible delivery lovely knives.

Aren't they just? I used the one they described as a bread knife, the one I thought I wouldn't use, to slice and peel (?) the pineapple, and the small one to peel beetroot and cut up carrots. And to get through a tough Savoy cabbage.

Brilliant. I haven't used the big hatchet one yet though.

And I really need them because I'm juicing again. Jack is back! I've become addicted to beetroot juice.

Please continue to post your results on these knives.
I have bought a set for the OH for Christmas and want to know if they are as good a few days down the line before my 30 day MBG runs out.
Would hate to give a cr*p pressie ! :11:

Mine finally arrived today - woohoo!!

They were really well wrapped and the box they came in was strong and would make a nice presentation box if given as a present. I have only used the large one so far and it is a nice weight, easy to hold and VERY sharp.

I'm really pleased with the quality of them for the price - would say that they compare well to knives that cost a lot more.

Please continue to post your results on these knives.
I have bought a set for the OH for Christmas and want to know if they are as good a few days down the line before my 30 day MBG runs out.
Would hate to give a cr*p pressie ! :11:

Cath, why don't you give QVC a call as they've extended their 30 day MBG until 30 days after Christmas now. If you explain that these are for a pressie they might be willing to adjust your MBG too.
I did this a couple of years ago and they were happy to do that.
Worth a call for peace of mind.
HTH

Last edited:
I have astonished myself by finding some glue and sticking the flap of the box down.

Glad I've done it; it was spoiling my pleasure to see evidence of my stupidity every time I put the knives back.

Love the little paring one; I didn't think I would, because it's such an odd shape, but it's extremely useful.

Incidentally, I think Malcolm Harradine said he gave tips on how to sharpen them on his website, but I'm getting a message saying the domain has expired.

The serated ones don't need sharpening i use a diamond sharpener for the others.

Just a quick update,used these knives lots now no probs at all very happy with them.

Just wondering how folks are getting on with these? Contempating them for a Christmas prezzie to SIL who is quite particular about these sorts of things :20:
PS does anyone know if the metal knife block they sell for Technique fits these knives?

The large chef's knife may not fit the block Concordia but i can't say for sure the others should be fine,i'm still mega impressed with mine use them everyday.

Latest posts

Back