WynneLayers Dress TSV 28/04/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh, I see what you did there! and I agree with what you say. Going off at a tangent here, could you imagine if MW was a start up company over here and she went on Dragon's Den looking for investment? They'd rip her to bits! They'd tell her that the stuff was overpriced, the colours were drab, the garments were unwearable etc etc, and she'd be sent off with a flea in her ear. You wonder how they ever got their breaks. With the exception of Michele Hope - The exclusive/faux designer shite is all from the US and Canada. We've got our Ruthie and Gok, but as they're household names and haven't had to search for that big break. Back to Dragon's Den - I believe that Sara Davies has links to QVC and would probably be wise to invest in one of these fashion entrepeneurs as she'd know that a lot of the audience will believe all the hype and will basically buy anything if you tell them it's posh and exclusive!
Sara has made a mint in the craft world but I can't see her doing well in the fashion world. She dresses like my Auntie Isa, matronly in the extreme.

CC

It's the latest take on the must have denim jacket & looks dead daft.

For the grown ups who don't spend their days watching Cbeebies, here's a picture of the Twirlywoos, I always think of them when I see one of our Marla's dresses. I like lagenlook clothes but they look better on a more voluptuous body than mine.

This made me laugh so much. All I can think of now is Melissa as Toodaloo. Or, more likely, The Very Important Lady.

Sara has made a mint in the craft world but I can't see her doing well in the fashion world. She dresses like my Auntie Isa, matronly in the extreme.

CC
I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that she can open doors to getting products on to the shopping channels but not actually contributing to designs - it would be about the business side of things only.

Does the exalted Marla ever come over on video link from the US? Those that have bought where are items made? Daft question I know, same country that exported COVID.

I have one piece of MW, bought from the outlet shop. Made in China(of course!)
Blimey, that's another reason not to buy her stuff. They bang on about her home grown business and her garage. Ok, I know now that the business has taken off, that's no longer viable but to have the stuff made in China...sod off. Least Kimmy's stuff is made in Canada still.

WynneLayers Patch Pocket Maxi Dress

Regular

Petite

QVC Price £70.00
Todays Special Value Price £44.98
P&P £4.95

This sleeveless maxi dress from WynneLayers has a flattering A-line shape and features a round neckline plus patch pockets at the hip. Comfortable, versatile and easy to throw on with a pair of trainers or sandals, this dress offers effortless style for the warmer months.

Your go-to summer dress - it's a good idea to have one or more staple summer dresses to hand that you can quickly chuck on when temperatures are soaring - especially when you're feeling hot and bothered! Thanks to its loose A-line fit and sleeveless design, this chic maxi dress is the ideal sunny-day choice.

Dress up or down - wear it your way to suit any occasion, glamming it up with heels and statement jewellery for an elegant evening look or teaming it back with trainers for a more casual feel. Cool nip in the air? Simply pop a cardigan, jacket or shawl over it when you need that extra layer.

Perfect for breaks - whether you're planning a whole weekend of relaxing in your garden or are taking time out for a UK trip, this super comfy dress is great for all types of summer escapes and rolls up effortlessly for easy packing. All you need to add is a pair of sunglasses and you're ready to chill!

Go bright or neutral - there's something for everyone with a choice of six shades ranging from classic neutrals to stand-out brights. Keep it cool with Cloud, Black or Light Heather Grey or add a pop of colour with Sage, Geranium or Sea Blue.

• 96% viscose, 4% elastane
  • Hand wash cold

Colour options:

• Sea Blue
  • Geranium
  • Black
  • Sage
  • Light Heather Grey
  • Cloud

“Hand wash -cold”. After one wear I’d throw it into the laundry basket, where it would lurk at the bottom for months.
The neckline is too high for me - slash, boat & soft V necklines are more flattering to my face.

Mum used to make dresses for herself and she always put in bust darts. If she wanted a drape-y look from under the bust she would cut on the bias or insert godets, to give the “swish” without having acres of spare fabric. Spare fabric that just hangs will flap and drop, creating an uneven hem.

“Hand wash -cold”. After one wear I’d throw it into the laundry basket, where it would lurk at the bottom for months.
The neckline is too high for me - slash, boat & soft V necklines are more flattering to my face.

Mum used to make dresses for herself and she always put in bust darts. If she wanted a drape-y look from under the bust she would cut on the bias or insert godets, to give the “swish” without having acres of spare fabric. Spare fabric that just hangs will flap and drop, creating an uneven hem.
Yes Eric’s Mum but the difference is your Mum knew about cut and construction of garments where ‘House of Marla’ doesn’t. All the flare on this latest offering is on the side seams causing the hem to drop at the sides and that will get worse as it is worn.They will be tripping over the hem before long.
The fabric is of the type to show every lump and bump especially in the light shades, notice the Flint is wearing black.The slim thigh trousers with the flared hem modelled by someone with ample thighs, poor lass was just wanting the floor to open up and swallow her.She must have been wearing a thong or no knicks.But who am I to criticise ?the Marla luvvies are out giving it 5 stars!!More please Marla lovexxxxxxx —-wait until they fall flat on their faces as they trip over those hems.

Yes Eric’s Mum but the difference is your Mum knew about cut and construction of garments where ‘House of Marla’ doesn’t. All the flare on this latest offering is on the side seams causing the hem to drop at the sides and that will get worse as it is worn.They will be tripping over the hem before long.
The fabric is of the type to show every lump and bump especially in the light shades, notice the Flint is wearing black.The slim thigh trousers with the flared hem modelled by someone with ample thighs, poor lass was just wanting the floor to open up and swallow her.She must have been wearing a thong or no knicks.But who am I to criticise ?the Marla luvvies are out giving it 5 stars!!More please Marla lovexxxxxxx —-wait until they fall flat on their faces as they trip over those hems.
The fact is to make clothing on that level is expensive and very time consuming. MW is expensive but these items are run up in minutes not hours.

Gosh just seen the hem on the "cloud" colour. Looks like my three year old granddaughter and her one year old sister had a go at sewing this "item"
Puckering on the hems of several of the demo dresses. Very thin fabric - you can see the models' bra-lines and where the material is doubled over (pockets, hem etc) it's noticeably opaque so you definitely need something underneath. So not quality or value - convenience?

I still want to see the insides of this "premium" brand to make up for what I see on the outside.

Latest posts

Back