TSV 14th October- Technique II Knives

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Where do you store these very sharp knives if as Micheal say's they aren't supposed to be kept in a drawer?

Where do you store these very sharp knives if as Micheal say's they aren't supposed to be kept in a drawer?

They come in a box with shaped inserts love it has a magnetic clasp to keep them safe,i ended up going for the TSV too :eek:

Me 'an all thanks to your good reviews. I just hope now I don't cut my finger off, being so accident prone! Maybe I'll just keep them in the box. :wackysmilie:

alternate to santoku knife tsv

managed to get one knife 18cm santoku knife from james martin made by stellar its got a lifetime guarantee for £12.00 wondered if this was a good buy?

Even though I ordered these at 8am on the 14th, they were not dispatched until the 16th.
Same for some other items I ordered - 2 to 3 days before they are even dispatched.
Seems to be getting worse....

Even though I ordered these at 8am on the 14th, they were not dispatched until the 16th

Me too. They used to send TSVs out on the day -- if you ordered early enough you'd get them the next morning.

Last edited:
My OH bought a try me Teqniques chef's knife, as he's spent a lot of money recently on kitchen knives, but the large chef's one in the Global range was way out of his price range. He bought this hoping it would be really good, and tbh, he was really disappointed with it...it just isn't sharp enough. He sharpened it, but it still wasn't any good. I tried to cut an onion up with it the other night, and it was really hard work, in the end I used a small "global" knife, and it made really light work of the job.

always read the qvc usa descriptions first.....

i read qvcusa descriptions as it gives far more info than our qvc does. the knives that qvc usa sell are really extensive there is more choice. they sell some german knife ranges reputed to be high quality steel heavier than japanese steel which is more delicate but will sharpen exceptionally.i also read that the techniques knives are only guaranteed for 1 year which is a little suspicious.i would like qvc to sell us some of the high end knives for us to try out from branded german or japanese manufacturers

sharpening knives is an issue. if the steel is not hard enough it will not sharpen well ever. cheaper knives are made from cheaper steel and you will not get a correct edge on them.i would like to see qvc use its buying power to get us some global knives for half price on 4 easy pays and not do obvious copies of fancier knives. the real damascus knife costs around £140 qvc price £14. reminds me of knock off dvds to be honest. you get what you pay for with qvc hence i stick to top brands that have shops and you know if its good value.

These have still not arrived and I'm very annoyed. I bought them a pineapple as a welcome present. Now I want to eat the pineapple, but feel compelled to wait for the knives...

Mine haven't shown up either Satis. I hope the pineapple hasn't gone off before they arrive! Which reminds me, I keep buying Butternut Squashes and then throwing them away, because they're too difficult to cut. Fingers crossed these new knives will do the job.

Which reminds me, I keep buying Butternut Squashes and then throwing them away, because they're too difficult to cut.
Yes, there's a giant watermelon waiting for them as well. I really thought they would come today.

Mine haven't either checked my account and they were dispatched on the 16th ???? why do we pay 1st class postage and they send them 2cnd class ?????? oh right they make more money out of us don't they,getting really peed off with QVC postage costs.

Still waiting here too. Just checked my Order Status and they were shipped on the 16th as well. Wouldn't mind but I'm not that far from the Distribution Centre!

Mine came yesterday, I ordered at 5 mins to midnight on the 14th and I live in N Ireland. They look great but I haven't used them as I got them for my son in the hope it would encourage him to move out.

Latest posts

Back