Tour Of Britain - QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Taking a break today from QVC and the Bears.
Was watching the live feed of Wiggo, Cav and the likes doing the Tour of Britain up to Knowsley Safari Park.
What could be clearly seen as they cycled past the football fields sized warehouses was a huge red QVC sign above.

:mysmilie_866:

I watched the cycling today Bags, even watched the repeated highlights & I missed that completely - shows how observant I really am....not! :grin:

I watched the cycling today Bags, even watched the repeated highlights & I missed that completely - shows how observant I really am....not! :grin:

Don't feel too bad you only missed it this afternoon, as wasn't featured on the highlights tonight.

Don't feel too bad you only missed it this afternoon, as wasn't featured on the highlights tonight.

Ah, that's not so bad then, at least I only missed it once....probably scuttled into the kitchen to make a coffee at just the wrong moment! LOL

Was sorry to see poor old Tyler Farrar didn't make the start line today, having had to retire after being accidentally taken out by Cav yesterday in the crash that left most of Garmin-Sharp sitting in the road & then today, whatever he says about being boxed in or whatever (BS, Cav always finds a way through! lol) he got dropped by his lead out man on the final sprint approach....not really going too well for him at all so far! :tongue:

Wasn't too shocked to see the accident as they turned the bend to go though the tunnel under the canal.
It's a bad corner, the road dips and usually floods in the tunnel.
Hubby was outside work stood watching in both shows was just missed.
Daughter was coming home from college was held up by the police on the bus.
She was upstairs watching but some were complaining about being held up for 20 minutes.

Wasn't too shocked to see the accident as they turned the bend to go though the tunnel under the canal.
It's a bad corner, the road dips and usually floods in the tunnel.
Hubby was outside work stood watching in both shows was just missed.
Daughter was coming home from college was held up by the police on the bus.
She was upstairs watching but some were complaining about being held up for 20 minutes.

Ah, local to you then? Last year they passed within 1/2 a mile of the village & OH & eldest DD went down to watch the peloton go past - she enjoys the cycling but don't think she was there just to cheer on the UK riders, was equally keen to catch a glimpse of the lovely Thor Hushovd as he whizzed by! :giggle:

I'm off to get a glimpse of them tomorrow as they pass by Lancaster. Can't wait! Mum and I went to see the last stage of the Tour de France this year and stood on the roadside about 1km from the finish so we had 8 views of them going past. A very special day and having now been once, we plan to go again next year. Won't be quite the same tomorrow but hey, it will be fun!! Didn't see the race on TV as had emergency dental appointment....

I'm off to get a glimpse of them tomorrow as they pass by Lancaster. Can't wait! Mum and I went to see the last stage of the Tour de France this year and stood on the roadside about 1km from the finish so we had 8 views of them going past. A very special day and having now been once, we plan to go again next year. Won't be quite the same tomorrow but hey, it will be fun!! Didn't see the race on TV as had emergency dental appointment....

Ooh, marvellous, hope the weather's nice for Lancaster then & as for the TdF, I'd love to go & this year was definitely the year to be cheering them on in Paris! :sun:
Maybe one day OH & I will do the whole motorhome thing & hotfoot it round France for each stage, that would be so cool! I'd also love to visit some of the stunning places they showed from Spain, although (much as I'd love to see some of it!), maybe not when La Vuelta is actually on as I think the heat at that time of year would be way too much for me, I don't 'do' excessive heat! LOL

Have a great tomorrow Liz, let us know how you get on.

The Tour is coming right through our village twice (once in a sprint loop), so we're really looking forward to popping out to cheer them on, especially as the flame also came through in July, but we missed it as we were on holiday.

Ooh, marvellous, hope the weather's nice for Lancaster then & as for the TdF, I'd love to go & this year was definitely the year to be cheering them on in Paris! :sun:
Maybe one day OH & I will do the whole motorhome thing & hotfoot it round France for each stage, that would be so cool! I'd also love to visit some of the stunning places they showed from Spain, although (much as I'd love to see some of it!), maybe not when La Vuelta is actually on as I think the heat at that time of year would be way too much for me, I don't 'do' excessive heat! LOL

Kathy mentioned not that long ago her and hubby, like us had a dream of having a motorhome.
She said this morning they have bought each other a 17 year old motorhome for their 25th wedding anniversary last week and went for a trip to Wales.

Latest posts

Back