Todays Lunchtime Show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Good show today with nice guests! Not as loud and manic as one I saw recently, as had to switch off!!

Carla, Tova, Fiona and Jackie are lovely to watch :mysmilie_59:

I saw it too. Tova impressed me. A lot less posturing, and genuinely amusing.
It's the first of those shows I have enjoyed - usually cringe and turn off.

I caught 10 seconds whilst channel surfing. Omg what a chaotic mess, people manically smearing make up on their hands whilst a over made up guest witters on about yet another brand of over priced fake looking make up. Micael manhandling a woman's sandal talking about how uncomfortable women's shoes can be, how does he know, does he wear them?
Why have qvc resorted to this complete mess? It's terrible.

Last edited:
It doesn't really work because everyone is there to sell their individual products and they then have to be enthusiastic about the other products.It comes across as fake .

When you add the presenters to the mix ,trying to jolly things along it is a shambles. Then there is the competition involving one of the guests which is downright embarrassing ,at least in the few shows I have seen.

I can't see it lasting.

I can't stand it. All the forced jollity and screeching! It's a shopping channel for heaven's sake. I am not enjoying QVC very much recently. In my opinion it should be about shopping but in the case of 4 presenters it seems to have become about them and their over inflated egos.
Can you tell that I am in a mood today?

QVC seem to think they've morphed into Britains Got No Talent, the show is a mess. I was channel hopping and caught Chloe "incredible"'Everton on the Decleor hour smearing bubbles on Tanya, Chloe, if I wanted to watch the immature on telly I'd had put the children's channel on.

I have to disagree. I think Chloe's great, her genuine warmth and sense of fun leap off the screen, and a lot of the Brand Ambassadors seem to really bounce off that.

I agree she's a little too fond of the superlatives, but give me Chloe any day over Sara, Simon, Miceal, Marv...

Watched it a couple of times. Gave up mid way through each time. Not a chloe nudge, nudge wink, wink fan. Came across as juvenile and silly. But that's just my take on it. Just not my thing. Good job I am usually not home as I wouldn't switch on.

For me, personally, I hate this show, and I do not see the point of it. In the time it has aired, I've watched only a few times as this is not a format I like, sort of 'loose woman' type show - incidentally, must I be the only woman in the country who hates Loose Women - not one of them is genuine in most of what they say - sorry, don't like that type of format either.

I have to disagree. I think Chloe's great, her genuine warmth and sense of fun leap off the screen, and a lot of the Brand Ambassadors seem to really bounce off that.

I agree she's a little too fond of the superlatives, but give me Chloe any day over Sara, Simon, Miceal, Marv...

Sometimes I really like Chloe, for the reasons you state, but sometimes when she goes into overdrive on the superlatives ... inDEED, I struggle. And I really do think that most of the time she's too much of a ladette.

Watched it a couple of times. Gave up mid way through each time. Not a chloe nudge, nudge wink, wink fan. Came across as juvenile and silly. But that's just my take on it. Just not my thing. Good job I am usually not home as I wouldn't switch on.

Totally agree, I was channel hopping today and just turned over in time to watch her playing with bubbles and putting them all over Tanya the model, whilst totally oblivious to the brand ambassador, you could tell Fiona was getting irritated. After two years Chloe is still totally unprofessional licking her lips constantly and checking the monitor every two seconds, "um" "um" "um" no I'm definitely not a Chloe "absolutely incredible indeed" Everton fan, and of course this is just my opinion.

For me, personally, I hate this show, and I do not see the point of it. In the time it has aired, I've watched only a few times as this is not a format I like, sort of 'loose woman' type show - incidentally, must I be the only woman in the country who hates Loose Women - not one of them is genuine in most of what they say - sorry, don't like that type of format either.

No, I have only seen Loose Women once, back when it was first aired years ago, and thought it was rubbish - why would I waste my time watching a group of women talk about themselves and their lives ??? - so I immediately switched off when I saw the Lunchtime show, clearly Idea No. 731 around the conference table.

I watched last week and it was Jackie Kabler and Miceal and she was being a real pain. Everything he said she was making a sarky remark about and he looked very uncomfortable at times, I felt sorry for him and am wanted him to have a poke back at her stroppy madam.

. 'loose woman' type show - incidentally, must I be the only woman in the country who hates Loose Women - not one of them is genuine in most of what they say - sorry, don't like that type of format either.

Agree with you. Kaye Adams got out just in time to save her professional credibility, she must have had a sixth sense of how dire this show would become.

I watched last week and it was Jackie Kabler and Miceal and she was being a real pain. Everything he said she was making a sarky remark about and he looked very uncomfortable at times, I felt sorry for him and am wanted him to have a poke back at her stroppy madam.

Stupid pairing an extremely not impressed with an extremely impressed presenter.

Agree with you. Kaye Adams got out just in time to save her professional credibility, she must have had a sixth sense of how dire this show would become.

I think she returned to the show in 2013 and as far as I know is still co presenting it.

You're not alone, I can't bear Loose Women. It's not representative of women and women's views, it's reactionary and puts us back 50 years, in my opinion. Maybe it's because my primary aim in life isn't to reproduce and slag off men. There are some intelligent women on there, why must they dumb themselves down? It's a regular wage I guess! Show business is unpredictable. Still, I don't think it shows women in a positive light, however they try to spin it.

Sorry! Gone a little bit off topic!
i see the lunchtime show as an extension of the morning show really, it's not so bad if they've got guests on who are regulars and know other brands products, but it's really awkward when they have to pretend to show enthusiasm about a product they've never heard of or used. As ever, the presenter and guest combination makes or breaks the show.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back