Today's Facial Sonic Cleaning Thingy S V.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I expect it's very similar with the 'sonics. I can't imagine what the Clarisonic does that's worth £130 more than the TreSonic which many people seem very happy with. :D

That's my point really. If I'm paying £100+ more, I'd like to know that I'm getting £100+ more functionality and quality and not just £100+ more branding and hype!

People's perceptions of different products are so variable (as can be seen on these boards) which is why I was wanting to get down to the bottom line specification, really. Oh well.

Thank you all for the input.

I wonder if it comes down to how fast the gadget oscillates. In order to qualify as sonic, the machine will need to oscillate at a sonic frequency; but I wonder if there is much room for variance within that frequency. Hmm.

LOL Gem. :grin:

If it really was oscillating at sonic speed, you would take off!!!! We would never see you again and that would be a great shame.

Can't wait to try...

I've just bought a Tresonics off ebay .... new and cheaper than QVC, so I'm glad I missed it on the day.... hoping it will help with my step-daughters acne...

LOL Gem. :grin:

If it really was oscillating at sonic speed, you would take off!!!! We would never see you again and that would be a great shame.

That's what I was expecting when I got my Sonicare toothbrush. Perhaps I should have asked for my money back. :wink2:

That's my point really. If I'm paying £100+ more, I'd like to know that I'm getting £100+ more functionality and quality and not just £100+ more branding and hype!

People's perceptions of different products are so variable (as can be seen on these boards) which is why I was wanting to get down to the bottom line specification, really. Oh well.

Thank you all for the input.

Well, from what I've read, the Clarisonic oscillates 300 times a second. I can't find any data on the Tresonic model.

This has got some really good reviews on the QVC site ... and they've got replacement heads now as well. Hmmm ... am I tempted, or should I F.A.R.T.?

That's what I was expecting when I got my Sonicare toothbrush. Perhaps I should have asked for my money back. :wink2:

Gem,

You always make me laugh! With the week I have just had, I am grateful!!!!

Tried and tested!

Just seen these posts and had to write a comment! I used the Tresonic from QVC and thought it was quite good. Then I went into Space NK and tried the Clarisonic and the difference was measurable - stronger sonic action and just so much more powerful. So I succumbed and bought the Clairsonic and am so glad I did - the other one is going straight back! It's amazing, looks like I've had a facial and skin hasn't looked this good for years. I'm convinced I'll spend less money on 'miracle creams' for my skin - because I think whatever I use now won't matter as much as my skin is clean and rejuvinated to begin with.

Anyway, my point is that there IS a difference between the Clarisonic and other cheaper brands.

Latest posts

Back