Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That’s a flock of sheep! There is a lot of knitting going on, I can’t even remember how to cast on.I have a friend who is an amazing knitter she doesn’t follow a pattern but makes these wonderful creations.Knitting was never my forte memories of the Matinee coat I had to complete for GCE, think Mam did most of it!
We did knitting in Junior school it was just a strip, it either got a lot wider or narrower with quite a few haphazard holes.

My 2nd watch arrived today, about 2 minutes after I'd checked the tracking which showed it was coming on Monday!

I've spent almost 2 hours trying to adjust the strap to my wrist size, then actually to fasten it, and still haven't done it, so I can't wear it yet :(

But it is a very smart looking watch, extremely thin. :)

The model is called Grenen. The date is too small for me to see, but I expected that.

Skagen Grenen SKW6461_main.jpg

I finally managed to adjust it and get it on, after on-line instructions, but now I can't get it off.

I adjusted it a bit too tight, so there is no slack to loosen the clasp.

It may need someone else (such as a neighbour) to help, it really needs 2 hands, but of course I can only use one. A little bit worried if I'm honest.

I finally managed to adjust it and get it on, after on-line instructions, but now I can't get it off.

I adjusted it a bit too tight, so there is no slack to loosen the clasp.

It may need someone else (such as a neighbour) to help, it really needs 2 hands, but of course I can only use one. A little bit worried if I'm honest.
Hey, I hope that you managed to get it off ok. I don't wear my Pandora bracelet anymore cos it's such a fiddle to get on and off and I hate bothering people to help me

Hey, I hope that you managed to get it off ok. I don't wear my Pandora bracelet anymore cos it's such a fiddle to get on and off and I hate bothering people to help me

I was trying to get it off wrongly. Now I've figured it out it turns out to be fairly easy, and have been practising taking it on and off.

I can't either! My daughter did GCSE Art & for her exam piece she created a collage of countryside in the spring & decided to knit a strip of ploughed field - I had to Google casting on & off - what a failure of a mother!
I'm not going to boast because it's not my thing (I know, I'm doing it), but I learnt to knit age 7 and now I top my income up with just that because I'm not good at much but I am good at knitting. I love it. Wool is my thing lol. It isn't Mr CC's thing "HOW MUCH ****** WOOL DOES ONE PERSON NEED?". Enough to pay for our cruise dear :love::love:

CC

How lovely, you're a talented person, many tried to teach me & nobody succeeded. I'm very clumsy & still find left/right a challenge; when I took my test I painted my right thumbnail red so I would remember r for red & right 🙄
I differentiate left from right by thinking which hand I write with, to work it out. I’m left handed so to know where left is I raise my left hand

today’s arrival was an Alexa Show. My first Alexa. I love it. We have our calendars on it. I can search for recipes, set timers, play music, write a shopping list.
I suggest changing its name to Echo (or one of the other choices) so that it doesn't spring into action every time someone says Alexa on radio, TV, or QVC.

today’s arrival was an Alexa Show. My first Alexa. I love it. We have our calendars on it. I can search for recipes, set timers, play music, write a shopping list.
We have them all around the house for music and radio (bought on deals over various times linked to our Sonos).
However last week we were watching a TV documentary about Amazon where they were vocally ordering stuff to demonstrate something. Laughingly I said to Mr L that it was probably in our Amazon basket and lo and behold it bliddy was. It was dog food and something else (batteries or torches or something) definitely not something we have ever ordered as don’t have animals so had to delete the order and clear the basket.

Belfast city centre was not too bad this morning at 9 am when I arrived the shops are all open again. Quick nose in TKMaxx then House of Fraser I had a Xmas card for a friend who works there. They still have 30% off gift sets and 20% off all full price items in the beauty hall. I bought a 30mls size of Frederic Malle Noir Epices, I did have a bottle which I managed to break over a year ago that was only the 10mls size. The SA give me loads of samples which I have put away for my hairdresser next week.

I'm not going to boast because it's not my thing (I know, I'm doing it), but I learnt to knit age 7 and now I top my income up with just that because I'm not good at much but I am good at knitting. I love it. Wool is my thing lol. It isn't Mr CC's thing "HOW MUCH ****** WOOL DOES ONE PERSON NEED?". Enough to pay for our cruise dear :love::love:

CC

It’s brilliant you can earn from doing something you love. What do you knit? My thing is socks, must have made over 200 pairs now 😂

Is that your son who is a soldier? How is he feeling now - any improvement?
Yep LATI he`s the soldier. He`s still off work, they won`t allow him back to work until after Christmas leave because he`s still coughing. He`s never ever smoked and is as fit a person you could wish to meet but this virus has really affected his lungs. How and why it`s hit him so badly I guess we`ll never know and he`s the last person I`d ever expect to have such long term effects.

How lovely, you're a talented person, many tried to teach me & nobody succeeded. I'm very clumsy & still find left/right a challenge; when I took my test I painted my right thumbnail red so I would remember r for red & right 🙄
I so identify with what you say!
I am left handed and everyone who tried to teach me was right-handed. They spent so much time stopping me and correcting how I held the needles, that I gave up due to confusion and lack of confidence.
I would like to learn again, but I'd want either a left hander, or a right-hander who thinks it's wrong if it isn't done the right-handed way!
I might still be useless at it, but I'd have given it my best shot.
I'd have to use non-wool yarn though. Wool gives me a rash.

Latest posts

Back