Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL. I was pretty insane until I went on HRT. Now unfortunately I am off the HRT but have to take anti depressants due to the hideous hot flushes so now I am a lot more chilled.
My doctor said I did not need HRT, I had a dodgy thyroid and sailed through mine. If I had a hot flush it lasted all of 30 seconds and I just felt warm and it didn't hit my face. But now I do have thin bones and have to take prescription Vit D and calcium and the weekly bone tablet.

I was thinking, this time last year, I was buying quite a lot from QVC as they had the £1.95 postage on all beauty, 15% off Clearance and wasn’t there another deal which we all waded in on? Anyway, I got some genuine bargains. Where’s all that this year??
I’ve remembered what else we had at the end of last year: regular codes which weren’t just Easy Pays. Things like 10/15/20% off (over a certain level of spend in some cases maybe?). I definitely bought more than usual from Q - I just checked and it was 13 items in November 2019, some of it boring like cleaning stuff in Clearance, but still, I’m shocked at my own behaviour! I bought one thing this November and nothing since.

Just received this - - - - -

But it is very disappointing, supposed to be 5.8ct but looks tiny.

Edit - - - just been looking at it again, a bit better than my first impression, it was only a quick look, and I may have been looking at the back [blush]. But I'd just had a gruelling journey back from OH by bus; 3/4 hour late arriving, then only took us half way, so had to wait for another bus :( )

It is very sparkly (by the light of my sperm lamp). The chain is extremely fine though, may not be strong enough for the other pendant that OH also wants the chain for. The yellow is quite subtle.

Last edited:
Also today I received the more clunky of my 2 Skagen watches, the FISK.

The other won't arrive until Monday, even though it was bought first. Both are coming from Germany.

I have mixed feelings so far. The hour hand would have been much better the same colour as the other one, it is much more difficult to see at a glance. With the big markers, I thought the luminosity would be excellent, but that is disappointing.

Came with very inadequate instructions which covered a multitude of models, but didn't even mention how to use the screw-down crown (my first) or the rotating bezel.

It had a price tag of £149 on the box, but I paid about £40ish, so a good bargain.

Skagen SKW 6669 SKW6669_main.jpg

I decided to go for the MB TSV a couple of days ago but am not usually a MB customer.Might be a prezzie or am moving to the self gifting idea more & more.Watch very little of the presentations though, Gemma’s voice, to me, is like having words fired at me from a cannon.

I bought a large Yankee Candle Red Apple Wreath for £15.99 in Boots. I didn't want to pay full price.
I also picked up Candy Cane Forest in Tesco, for £14.
I blame myself for my Christmas candle burning thread reminding me of yet more festive scents I love
I also bought a Tunis cake in Tesco, inspired by this forum and the fact I'm not a fan of traditional Christmas cake.

I also bought a beautiful Alessi Christmas ornament.
The idea of going shopping yesterday was to buy for other people. I think I failed!!
I'd call that trip a success ☺️ If there's one thing this grim year has highlighted it's the confirmation that we should take every chance of happiness & if that's buying something pretty or a HUGE life change then go for it.

Well as I’m not getting the LE tsv, or the MB one, I ordered three lots of wool....... which I think is entirely reasonable 🤨
That’s a flock of sheep! There is a lot of knitting going on, I can’t even remember how to cast on.I have a friend who is an amazing knitter she doesn’t follow a pattern but makes these wonderful creations.Knitting was never my forte memories of the Matinee coat I had to complete for GCE, think Mam did most of it!

Also today I received the more clunky of my 2 Skagen watches, the FISK.

The other won't arrive until Monday, even though it was bought first. Both are coming from Germany.

I have mixed feelings so far. The hour hand would have been much better the same colour as the other one, it is much more difficult to see at a glance. With the big markers, I thought the luminosity would be excellent, but that is disappointing.

Came with very inadequate instructions which covered a multitude of models, but didn't even mention how to use the screw-down crown (my first) or the rotating bezel.

It had a price tag of £149 on the box, but I paid about £40ish, so a good bargain.

View attachment 20087
I haven't worn a watch for three years but I'd wear this just for decoration - it's really, really nice. I love the different coloured hands but that's because I'm shallow!

That’s a flock of sheep! There is a lot of knitting going on, I can’t even remember how to cast on.I have a friend who is an amazing knitter she doesn’t follow a pattern but makes these wonderful creations.Knitting was never my forte memories of the Matinee coat I had to complete for GCE, think Mam did most of it!

I’m always knitting....... and now I’m retired, I can knit all day and night lol

That’s a flock of sheep! There is a lot of knitting going on, I can’t even remember how to oncast .I have a friend who is an amazing knitter she doesn’t follow a pattern but makes these wonderful creations.Knitting was never my forte memories of the Matinee coat I had to complete for GCE, think Mam did most of it!
I can't either! My daughter did GCSE Art & for her exam piece she created a collage of countryside in the spring & decided to knit a strip of ploughed field - I had to Google casting on & off - what a failure of a mother!

Latest posts

Back