Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My ex brother in laws wife was in poor health, and housebound. She had a frightening collection of dolls everywhere, some in glass display cabinets, some just sitting about on chairs and shelves. I know she paid a fortune for them,
. Anyway,she died a couple of years ago, and the next time I went to visit him lo and behold, not a doll or display cabinet to be seen! I think they all went straight to the charity shop PDQ.
I bought a load of those D’anton dolls if anyone remembers them. All in the antic now in their boxes complete with certificates in pristine condition. Along with all my beanie babies to keep them company. 🤣🤣

I have far too many bags and shoes most I no longer use but they are useable if I took the notion but dolls and bears are a bit useless really.

Mr L puts up with a lot but he would draw the line at teddies and dolls. One or two with great sentimental value perhaps any more no!

Still if he/she can afford it and it doesn’t cause trouble at home who am I to judge!

I’m seriously debating buying a Frank Usher dress but unlike fashion shows they only have ultra slim models so I can’t judge what it would look like on a plusish size.

I collected gold, all gone now (burglars note) but I'd bought it when it was "dirt cheap" compared with now, so I made a huge profit when I sold it.

But the expensive items were difficult to sell, as unable to insure them to post to a dealer, and too much money for the run of the mill "we buy gold" shops.

It didn't take much space though, you could hide £25,000 worth in one hand.

And if the tax man is reading, there was no capital gains tax to pay because I'd had it for so long that any gains had been amortised over the years.

I bought a load of those D’anton dolls if anyone remembers them. All in the antic now in their boxes complete with certificates in pristine condition. Along with all my beanie babies to keep them company. 🤣🤣
I've got two of those, my younger daughter loved them & thought the way Kara Tritton could get them to run was hysterical. Needless to say she's never offered to have them cluttering up her home!

I've got two of those, my younger daughter loved them & thought the way Kara Tritton could get them to run was hysterical. Needless to say she's never offered to have them cluttering up her home!
My loft is full of things my daughters won’t have in their houses but won’t agree to me throwing away. Still when my husband I are gone it all becomes their problem!

Has anyone ever heard of a travel doll? Some years ago we had a visit from an American couple, well educated, rational people, and she showed me this cheap little doll that she took with her and changed its clothes every day when she was away. To her it was normal to talk about a travel doll, but to me it was, well, odd for an educated, middle-aged woman to do. But maybe it's me who's odd.

But those teddies!! How sad. It's like not being able to part with "stuff" same as these super hoarders you see on reality tv. But if they're QVC bears, the two Charlies and Bill will be happy, pockets lined all the way to the bank.

A travel doll, well decidedly very odd.I hate collections of teddies and dolls, dolls especially.Years ago I went to view a house as a prospective buyer and one of the beds was piled up with soft toys,don’t know how I managed to keep at straight face.Didn’t buy the house either.

I am still waiting for the Salmon I ordered on the 9th.

I hope you mean on the 9th October because it would be a bit rank by now if it‘s been in transit since September. 😳

Joking apart though, direct dispatch items usually take 10 - 14 days, so you’re still within that time scale.

Well my chocolate gingerbread has just arrived! mmm so much for being sent out on November 9th, mind you since they've already taken the money I would probably be miffed had I had to wait, but that's not the point. People are trying to budget and will buy things on advance for a reason....Anyway. The tin it they come in is a lot smaller than I expected, a lot smaller so bang goes my idea of popping my christmas decs/tinsel in it, so that'll probably end up in the recycling! I couldn't resist having a little try of the contents...I tried two 'cause I don't want to spoil dinner later...and they are absolutely delicious, and I mean gorgeous. I'm hoping that the other ones in the pack are as good as the ones I've tried.
There's no way though if I saw these on a supermarket shelf I would pay the £20 I paid. They were actually £23 with postage - which is crazy, but then I thought I was getting a hummungus boxful. It is a kilo's worth still but I still expected it too look much bigger. I think I'm gonna have to tell OH that I got them at work as they were sent in error (we don't stock them) and they were selling them off for a fiver to staff ( He'll still think that's dear!) but if he knew the truth he would do his absolute nut! I'll let you know whether the others are as lovely as the ones I've tasted so far...blooming hope so! Anyway, that's me for a while. Gonna stop looking at QVC at night when I'm tired and spending my money on overpriced and unecessary goods!

Well my chocolate gingerbread has just arrived! mmm so much for being sent out on November 9th, mind you since they've already taken the money I would probably be miffed had I had to wait, but that's not the point. People are trying to budget and will buy things on advance for a reason....Anyway. The tin it they come in is a lot smaller than I expected, a lot smaller so bang goes my idea of popping my christmas decs/tinsel in it, so that'll probably end up in the recycling! I couldn't resist having a little try of the contents...I tried two 'cause I don't want to spoil dinner later...and they are absolutely delicious, and I mean gorgeous. I'm hoping that the other ones in the pack are as good as the ones I've tried.
There's no way though if I saw these on a supermarket shelf I would pay the £20 I paid. They were actually £23 with postage - which is crazy, but then I thought I was getting a hummungus boxful. It is a kilo's worth still but I still expected it too look much bigger. I think I'm gonna have to tell OH that I got them at work as they were sent in error (we don't stock them) and they were selling them off for a fiver to staff ( He'll still think that's dear!) but if he knew the truth he would do his absolute nut! I'll let you know whether the others are as lovely as the ones I've tasted so far...blooming hope so! Anyway, that's me for a while. Gonna stop looking at QVC at night when I'm tired and spending my money on overpriced and unecessary goods!
Do you mean the Lambertz gingerbread,I found it absolutely delicious 😋

OMG! That was a close shave! Having got rid of the outer cardboard box etc, I put the tin in the cupboard. Oh, has just got home so I gave him the " I bought it from work speil" and I took the box out of the cupboard and proudly opened the box under his nose to see I'd accidentally popped the advice note in it, the words QVC in huge letters was popping out from under the leaflet that comes showing all the flavours, I managed to tug it out in one deft move..like the tablecloth/cups trick and managed to stash it in my pocket without him noticing! It reminded me of that classic scene in Fawlty Towers when Basil opens the biscuit tin and a rat pops up. Glad it wasn't sitting on top....I'd have died of embarrassment and OH would not only have done his nut, he'd have given me a talking to about lying!!!! Oooooops! and phew! at the same time!

Yes, Lynn, the Lambertz..and I agree it's delicious!

OMG! That was a close shave! Having got rid of the outer cardboard box etc, I put the tin in the cupboard. Oh, has just got home so I gave him the " I bought it from work speil" and I took the box out of the cupboard and proudly opened the box under his nose to see I'd accidentally popped the advice note in it, the words QVC in huge letters was popping out from under the leaflet that comes showing all the flavours, I managed to tug it out in one deft move..like the tablecloth/cups trick and managed to stash it in my pocket without him noticing! It reminded me of that classic scene in Fawlty Towers when Basil opens the biscuit tin and a rat pops up. Glad it wasn't sitting on top....I'd have died of embarrassment and OH would not only have done his nut, he'd have given me a talking to about lying!!!! Oooooops! and phew! at the same time!

Ha ha, you are so devious! I just love it! 🤣

I haven't bought, but I'm thinking of replacing my moribund kindle 7 (bought from Q, I think) with an iPad. Unlikely I will get it from Q, unless they have a compellingly better offer than other retailers.

I think I am going to pop into Lidl to get some I adore gingerbread and continental chocolate in equal measure

Latest posts

Back