Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A few weeks ago I purchased a mustard puffy type jacket from Marks which was very very reasonably priced. It is lovely and warm, not too short (on me) and although it doesn’t have a “proper” hood there is one which is good enough to run to the car/shop.

In the sale they had a bright blue version reduced to £19.50 . We aren’t allowed to do click and collect here during lockdown so had to pay postage. However Mr L was buying a jumper so together it was post free so in my mind I got the coat for £16! Only thing is that the mustard coat needed a daft size so I’m hoping the blue one had the same daft sizing also delivery date was 22 Jan (a flipping month) but perhaps it will be earlier.

Not buying anything in the sales.
I will need to do a declutter to make proper space for pre-Christmas purchases.
I have never liked shopping in sales, on line or in shop.

I find the post Christmas sales a waste of time nowadays, years ago I recall getting a few bargains and it was annoying to buy something full price as a present only to find it half price or similar in the sales, days after giving it to someone but now they are so many offers throughout the year and in the build up to Christmas, there seems few real bargains to be had, I wont be rushing to the shops and I cant be bothered to spend ages trawling the Internet in search of something I don't really want or need

A few weeks ago I purchased a mustard puffy type jacket from Marks which was very very reasonably priced. It is lovely and warm, not too short (on me) and although it doesn’t have a “proper” hood there is one which is good enough to run to the car/shop.

In the sale they had a bright blue version reduced to £19.50 . We aren’t allowed to do click and collect here during lockdown so had to pay postage. However Mr L was buying a jumper so together it was post free so in my mind I got the coat for £16! Only thing is that the mustard coat needed a daft size so I’m hoping the blue one had the same daft sizing also delivery date was 22 Jan (a flipping month) but perhaps it will be earlier.
I think I know the jacket you mean as I remember the mustard coloured one when I bought my bright blue one a couple of months back, I love those styles as they are very practical, nice and warm and not that expensive either, a great buy at £19.50, good for you 👍

I bought an Air Fryer, it is only a small one, I
hope it will not end up in the unused gadget cupboard...:)
I have one. It sat around for quite a while. I now cook frozen roasted potatoes/chips in it. I also cut up celeriac or swede into chip shapes, microwave them for 2 mins. Give them a coating of olive oil, salt and pepper and cook them for 20 mins. Mine is a small one too.

I have one. It sat around for quite a while. I now cook frozen roasted potatoes/chips in it. I also cut up celeriac or swede into chip shapes, microwave them for 2 mins. Give them a coating of olive oil, salt and pepper and cook them for 20 mins. Mine is a small one too.
Celeriac chips - delicious 😋

Just been cleaning up in the kitchen with Q in the background and it looks as though they're reaching out to all the poor sods in tier 4 who can't pick up their xmas novelties in the high street sales..Absolute load of plastic tat with an average of about £3 shaved off the full price..Ok they've got the 20% off deal as well but still makes for an expensive purchase when you add the (non reduced) p&p. Stuff is selling out. We're all different and all that, but in this current climate, a plastic battery operated lantern that contains a plastic santa and blows polystyrene balls around inside is not on the top of my list..and definitely not for £19.99 + postage. I think people are bored and just want to buy something! They really know how to do a sale...not!...Oh today..I bought nothing!

The only thing I’m still buying (admittedly when I’m really fed up) is jewellery. Not wearing much ATM but when this is all contained and life goes back to some normality it will still be in fashion and more to the point, still fit!

I cook a lot in mine. Everything from frozen chips to breaded fish and chicken and even bread. The strangest thing so far has been my daughter's friend's obsession with chicken nuggets pre-lockdown. She'd buy the 20 box from MacDonalds's, eat what she wanted and take the rest home to warm up in the microwave.

They weren't that nice from the microwave but from the airfryer they tasted as if they'd come straight from MacDonald's!

Mine is the second on Cook's Essentials brought to QVC years ago. It's had a lot of regular use in our house as it gets used to warm a lot of things that would go soggy in the microwave as well as saving a lot of oven use for more traditionally cooked-in-an-oven things.

I’ve just bought a LR pendant from eBay.

Mr L insisted on buying a similar one from Q before Christmas as a pressie (they just don’t listen do they!) but when it came it was so dull and underwhelming so I’m sending it back. Mad to think that the one today is not much more that the postage there and back on the Q one.

Latest posts

Back