Three guesses who....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Taken from a blog......

"I was lucky enough to receive some Lola’s Bakery brownies though the post – they fit through the letter box,.... "

Here's another clue.....

"things are almost finished with the redecoration of my flat. We even had a photo shoot last week as the builder wanted photographs to use in their company newsletter.

There are some lovely shots of the flat so I will put those in my blog in the coming weeks..."

How many builders do YOU know want photos to put in their newsletters ? More like a bit of self promoting going on there.

Always "LUCKY ENOUGH" aren't they, these presenters.

Got to be Craig as Chuntley's got a house not a flat and Craigie was doing up his place. He also likes to fill his face with food but not quite as scoffilly as Mr Brook.

CC

These presenters are a truly horrible collection of people. They represent so much that I don’t like. I like the concept of home shopping but they are doing their very best to spoil it.

I know, another one who is always 'lucky enough' is Jill Gauntlet. What infuriates me about this term, is not the actual words themselves and I know that they are 'samples', which will need to be given back (ok perhaps not the food), but it does irritate me slightly as it then makes us the consumers (well I am not but still...), feel even more 'suckered' that we have to buy whilst they can truly 'try before they buy' (they won't have to worry about return postage costs! No, I know that Chuntley and one or two other (Kathy Taylor), do genuinely purchase items (even on air, is that even allowed!), but still, this 'I am so lucky...' does infuriate me!

Taken from a blog......

"I was lucky enough to receive some Lola’s Bakery brownies though the post – they fit through the letter box,.... "

Here's another clue.....

"things are almost finished with the redecoration of my flat. We even had a photo shoot last week as the builder wanted photographs to use in their company newsletter.

There are some lovely shots of the flat so I will put those in my blog in the coming weeks..."

How many builders do YOU know want photos to put in their newsletters ? More like a bit of self promoting going on there.

Always "LUCKY ENOUGH" aren't they, these presenters.

Now one couldn't be meaning one certain Mr Rowe, could one?!

YEP ! Its certainly the freeloader Rowe, and he actually pictured himself with his free box of cakes. Yes we're all aware that all the presenters get 'stuff', and I imagine that Alison Young has never had to buy a beauty product in her entire life, but she's not daft enough to let potential customers know that.

Clearly in their blogs, they are duty bound to promote qvc products, but its as easy to do in the confines of the studio or in their dressing room, and not in their home surroundings. How many times has Charlie shown us a photo of where his Peony display is located at home, and I'm surprised that Rowe hasn't burned his home down with all the ****** Yankee candles he's been given to 'try' out !!

“ I was fortunate enough to have been given one of these to try out at home “
“ I have just received ......... and I loved using it. Here it is in one of my en-suite bathrooms “

Yes, you got it all for free and you are trying to get me to spend my money so that get even more fortunate to “try” things at home. Insulting. They will have a shock when it all ends and they have to start buying things!

I know, another one who is always 'lucky enough' is Jill Gauntlet. What infuriates me about this term, is not the actual words themselves and I know that they are 'samples', which will need to be given back (ok perhaps not the food), but it does irritate me slightly as it then makes us the consumers (well I am not but still...), feel even more 'suckered' that we have to buy whilst they can truly 'try before they buy' (they won't have to worry about return postage costs! No, I know that Chuntley and one or two other (Kathy Taylor), do genuinely purchase items (even on air, is that even allowed!), but still, this 'I am so lucky...' does infuriate me!
They're all smug & self-satisfied, whether 'lucky enough' to have all these freebies or buying while at work, which is the height of bad manners in my opinion. I agree with Evie that the presenters are a truly horrible collection of people. However, they've introduced me to the truly wonderful (99%) collection of people on this forum so they've served a purpose.

These presenters are a truly horrible collection of people. They represent so much that I don’t like. I like the concept of home shopping but they are doing their very best to spoil it.

I completely agree, 'truly horrible' says everything.

Judging by the amount of lighting that Jill Gauntlet has in her garden, she could direct aircraft to the runways at Heathrow ! enough fountains that would rival any stately home, and loadsa faux hedging to confuse the birds.

Receipt of free samples or gifts of any kind were banned at the council when I worked there, in fact I think it was a sackable offence.

CC

I had Q on in the background the other day and Craig wax presenting a food show. He kept stuffing food into his mouth and carried on talking. Gross. I was so annoyed that I called their switchboard and complained ! He carried on munching for the rest of the hour. I will be watching him and other food presenters closely for a while now and complain again.

If a waiter took my order or served my food in a restaurant and was chewing a mouthful of steak & chips I would expect him/her to be disciplined.

YEP ! Its certainly the freeloader Rowe, and he actually pictured himself with his free box of cakes. Yes we're all aware that all the presenters get 'stuff', and I imagine that Alison Young has never had to buy a beauty product in her entire life, but she's not daft enough to let potential customers know that.

Clearly in their blogs, they are duty bound to promote qvc products, but its as easy to do in the confines of the studio or in their dressing room, and not in their home surroundings. How many times has Charlie shown us a photo of where his Peony display is located at home, and I'm surprised that Rowe hasn't burned his home down with all the ****** Yankee candles he's been given to 'try' out !!

I can remember AY showing a picture of her bathroom a few years ago. There wasnt a spare place for anything due to the pots and tubes of all things QVC.

I can remember AY showing a picture of her bathroom a few years ago. There wasnt a spare place for anything due to the pots and tubes of all things QVC.

I remember that & thought at the time it looked a greedy mess. She's always given me the impression that she's quite mucky & I reckon a number of those originals are still there.

I had Q on in the background the other day and Craig wax presenting a food show. He kept stuffing food into his mouth and carried on talking. Gross. I was so annoyed that I called their switchboard and complained ! He carried on munching for the rest of the hour. I will be watching him and other food presenters closely for a while now and complain again.

If a waiter took my order or served my food in a restaurant and was chewing a mouthful of steak & chips I would expect him/her to be disciplined.

I saw that, and in between mouthfuls he did that 'snorting' thing, so I turned over.

I find it quite mesmerising at times watching Jill Gauntlet. I sort of like her sometimes I think. But the fascination comes from the fact that I am convinced she rehearses and rehearses her lines for each product, and refuses to go off script.

She can be talking and talking at 500 words per minute, and if the presenters chime in with anything, she pauses, completely ignores what they have said, then continues on with her pitch. I swear her and the woman who does the drain cleaning stuff etc get paid by the word!

Latest posts

Back