Thorntons Ice Cream

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Goodness me - just seen this. A 3.5 litre tub for (to use Catherine's word) JUST £19.17 but she conveniently fails to mention the £6.99 P&P charge, giving a grand total of £26.16!!!!!! Think I'll probably pass on this item.......:23:

I commented on this on the best of british topic, I will stick to Carte Dor, Hagen Das and Ben & Jerrys thanks!! :laughing:

I would love to order it, eat lots and send it back....I wonder do people actually do that?

I can't understand the price...so expensive!! Who in hell would by it?

From what I can see the tubs are the same size as those that they have in their shops in the summer when they sell ice cream cones, I guess if you consider that they charge a couple of quid for a single scoop, it works out cheaper...BUT...you're gonna have to have a freezer big enough, and there's also the fact that you're stuck with just one flavour, most families when they go and have an ice cream have a different flavour each, so I think you'd soon get bored....and vanilla...ye gods!!!!!! I wonder if that flavour sells out first lol!

And how are they gonna deliver this as it's frozen?! It could have melted by the time you get it.

Ridiculous price! I'll stick to my Swedish Glace :tongue2:

OK, maybe I'm dumb, but how on earth do they get this to you still frozen?? I can understand them sending it round in a van from the nearest Thorntons, but if you live in the Outer Hebrides or somewhere like that - how does it work?

Especially with the '5 - 7 working days' for delivery.

Did Catherine mention the 30 day money back guarantee? She (along with other presenters) usually brings this up constantly on other shows to encourage anyone unsure of purchasing to try the item without obligation. Thre thought of lots of empty tubs going back to QVC made me smile. Seriously the postage alone would put anyone off let alone the cost of the ice cream.

OK, maybe I'm dumb, but how on earth do they get this to you still frozen?? I can understand them sending it round in a van from the nearest Thorntons, but if you live in the Outer Hebrides or somewhere like that - how does it work?

Especially with the '5 - 7 working days' for delivery.

I was wondering that and then the guest said it was guaranteed next day delivery and that it is specially packed to remain frozen. I am not tempted to buy though!

And how are they gonna deliver this as it's frozen?! It could have melted by the time you get it.

Ridiculous price! I'll stick to my Swedish Glace :tongue2:

It'll probably come in a polystyre box packed with dry ice.

As 3.5 lites is the equivalent to 7 tubs of B & J's or Haagen Dazs, its probably not as bad as it sounds pricewise assuming it to be of equivalent quality. Since nothing can beat HD for me closely followed by Federici and B & J's, I wouldn't bother anyway and it's a huge amount to store and in one flavour.

Midway through this I just looked at Thornton's site who are asking £25 inc. p&p. Not a huge difference but still cheaper than QVC (what a surprise).

Would you have guessed that I'm a gonner when it comes to ice cream? xxx

Latest posts

Back