The no lippy look

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

perhaps they will bring out "Revitagob" !!!

I have tried a few of those lip plumping thingies but all they do is make my mouth sting, I miss my red lippy and dark glasses look from my hey day, I would look like an extra from a zombie film if I tried that these days

I like it but it won't stay on - I've tried everything from primer to blottiing and staining but by the time I get to where ever I'm going it's gone - where I'd like to know!!!
I don't lick my lips anything like that just disappears - if anyone finds it ......... lol!!!

To stop lipstick bleeding:
When applying foundation or powder, cover your lips as well as the rest of your face.
Outline the entire lip area with a neutral shade of lip pencil or a shade that blends in with your lipstick. Choose a lip pencil that has a waxy finish. The wax will help create a barrier to which any migrating lip color will adhere. This also will define your lips for the rest of the process.
Apply lip balm to your lips. Work the balm all the way to the edge of the outline of your lips.
Apply your lipstick. Use a lip brush to ensure that lip color stays in place longer.

I have to wear a bright lipstick as although I like the natural look on young people , wearing a light colour seems to make me look more tired than I already look ! Lipstick seems to brighten me up although it has to be accompanied by eye makeup as I have very light eyelashes and eyebrows and would look a bit spooky au naturel.
I wish I was brave enough to go without the old slap sometimes but having worn it for 45years plus I am too scared to let the world see me as I really look. How vain is that?

Not vain mayday, sensible to wear makeup in my opinion - it protects your skin from the elements as well. Some friends of mine, don't bother with makeup and they look fine because that's how you always see them and they have decent skin, but when you're used to wearing makeup, you just can't do without, I find - I don't have nice skin (some acne scarring and some rosacea now), so a little foundation just evens it all out, and then of course, you have to do the concealer, blusher and a little liner and mascara - that's it.

Lipstick/gloss/balm with a bit of colour is essential as you get older - it can be quite subtle, but it has to have some proper colour, because if it's too nude it's just not flattering. For lippy and blush, I tend to go peachy/pink for spring/summer, and berry/red for autumn/winter.

I thought you had to emphasise your best feature which in my case is my eyes. I like to use natural lipstick but occasionally get bored and try a slick of colour, usually in a gloss sort of texture so it's not too bold, and less on the eyes. Even so, I don't know what it is but I feel like it ages me about 10 years. Some people just look fab in vibrant lip shades but they don't work for me.

I love lippy but hate the natural pale lip look (which in my opinion isn't that natural at all!). I prefer my pinks, reds and corals with a slick of gloss on top. Currently loving a bright coral and a sparkle gloss on top! (However for some weird reason I've gone right off nail polish and I prefer bare nails at the mo!).

I just wear foundation (usually Laura Geller BnB or occasionally Garnier Miracle Skin corrector) and a little Laura G blusher. No eyemakeup and a little colourless lip gloss. I think I look good like this and not any older. I'm not used to wearing makeup as for most of my life the stuff just slide off my face because of acne (all gone now thanks to outpatient hospital treatment of Ro-accutane (Retinol in tablet form))

I just wear foundation (usually Laura Geller BnB or occasionally Garnier Miracle Skin corrector) and a little Laura G blusher. No eyemakeup and a little colourless lip gloss. I think I look good like this and not any older. I'm not used to wearing makeup as for most of my life the stuff just slide off my face because of acne (all gone now thanks to outpatient hospital treatment of Ro-accutane (Retinol in tablet form))

well done! My DD had two courses of Roaccutane before hers cleared up, acne is a bugger isn't it..glad you got sorted!

perhaps they will bring out "Revitagob" !!!

I have tried a few of those lip plumping thingies but all they do is make my mouth sting, I miss my red lippy and dark glasses look from my hey day, I would look like an extra from a zombie film if I tried that these days

I was thinking this only yesterday - I miss my bright red lippy and shades look too! Actually I wish I didn't care and just wore it anyway, but I'm a coward!!

But really I can't wear it now at 50, not because someone says I 'shouldn't' but sadly just because it makes me look ill. Teeth not sparkling white any more so bright red lippy looks awful in my opinion and the really bright colours drain my face. So I aim to wear subtler softer pinkier corally-ish colours, but not peachy or beige as they drain me too, so end up wearing tinted balm as I can't find a great colour, who could have thought lipstick could be so blimmin diffcult, it's only makeup?!

And I also need some colour on my face now which is hugely ironic as I've spent most of my youth trying to cover up my red cheeks and yet I now need blusher, oh the joys of middle-age!!

I think it depends on the shade of ''nude'' lipstick/gloss.
A more flattering one on me had lilac tones and not the ''concealer'' tone,albiet a nude shade.

Latest posts

Back