The Huntley - where has she gone ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's just me, then. But some time ago, there was talk of Jeremy Hunt's name being purposely mis-pronounced!
A while back Justin Webb on Radio 4 accidentally called him Jeremy C*** on air, it was clearly accidental and he quickly corrected himself. I've heard the clip several times on Have I Got News For You, its hilarious!

I used to work in a Tesco and one of the men that worked there was called Mark Hunt. There were shoppers often stopped in their tracks when the tannoy loudly announced could "Mark Hunt come to the office please". It was swiftly changed to "Mr Hunt" :LOL:

I did hear the Jeremy Hunt clip - not sure it was accidental lol.

CC

I used to work in a Tesco and one of the men that worked there was called Mark Hunt. There were shoppers often stopped in their tracks when the tannoy loudly announced could "Mark Hunt come to the office please". It was swiftly changed to "Mr Hunt" :LOL:

I did hear the Jeremy Hunt clip - not sure it was accidental lol.

CC
What were his parents thinking when they named him??? Same with Michael, shortened to Mike or Mick... they must have been innocent as babes, thoughtless or stupid (hopefully not the last alternative, which is cruel).

What were his parents thinking when they named him??? Same with Michael, shortened to Mike or Mick... they must have been innocent as babes, thoughtless or stupid (hopefully not the last alternative, which is cruel).
Sad for the kid in question, but your comment gave me a real belly laugh. Very satisfying.

He had a bit of a rough time in year 8 as his peer group became aware of the connotations of his name. We tried hard to combat bullying, with his parents. Then they seemed to accept it.
The other students, I mean, just got used to his name and accepted it.

I have said before I worked in the passport office back in the 90s.

Wally Chicken, who was actually an elderly woman. Caused some WTF in the office.

I am wondering should be put up Lost Posters for Huntely? With a note saying she might not actually look like the picture now! :p
Was she married, and got the surname that way?
I know of women who have insisted their hubby takes their name rather than the traditional way.
Of course we are bizarre holding onto this nowadays in this country. Many other countries’ traditions include the woman’s name being incorporated; and passed down to the kids in some cases.
I always hated it at Wimbledon when Evonne Goolagong was put as Mrs R Cawley, and Chris Evert as Mrs J Lloyd. Talk about erasing identities. No other tournament did this, even in those days!

Was she married, and got the surname that way?
I know of women who have insisted their hubby takes their name rather than the traditional way.
Of course we are bizarre holding onto this nowadays in this country. Many other countries’ traditions include the woman’s name being incorporated; and passed down to the kids in some cases.
I always hated it at Wimbledon when Evonne Goolagong was put as Mrs R Cawley, and Chris Evert as Mrs J Lloyd. Talk about erasing identities. No other tournament did this, even in those days!
A girl I worked with had the middle name Pollock as it was her Scottish mum's maiden name.

Latest posts

Back