The Glen Campbell Appreciation thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Catkins the First

Registered Shopper
Now I know this may be controversial but I like Glen Campbell !

He may trot out the same old phrases but look at the other presenters - most of them have their tried & tested ones

Jilly- 'Bye Bye Now Bubbeye' 'the phones are very busy indeed '
Julia - 'actually'
Charlie 'here on QVC the shopping channel'
Debbie G 'gonski'

I could go on................

Personally I find Glen quite relaxing to listen to and look forward to guessing how many ways I can wear the latest QVC 'fashion'

Go Glen! :mysmilie_59:

xx Catkins The First

Last edited:
Tumbleweed2.gif
Tumbleweed2.gif
Tumbleweed2.gif

You're a brave woman putting your head above the parapet. I don't like or dislike him really. He does get slated on ST and I'm surprised to see a fan come forward. Good for you.:mysmilie_59:

I think he's rubbish at promoting fashion but then what's on offer there is often terrible. My reason for intensely disliking him is to do with him appearing immediately after being at a do in Downing St in relation to the charity his daughter works for. When asked about the charity he didn't even know its name let alone its aims and said he'd find out but all that mattered was himself and OH were at number 10. JF couldn't have done it better :grin:

just thought I have a look before I went to bed, and because I thought the Mally TSV was tonight at midnight, not tomorrow:
however, loved the threat so much I am still laughing. Thank you for making me go to sleep with a big laugh.

I think I have said this before, but come on ladies........................if you were getting paid for spouting a load of sh*te..................................you would wouldn't you? Well I would:bandit: QVC obviously hold him in high esteem or otherwise they wouldn't have him on would they?

I reckon that Glen has a damned good laugh at some of the fashions he has to waffle on about, in fact I bet he wets himself laughing at some of the crap fashion that QVC continues to bombard us with.

I have said some cruel things about Glen in the past, but hey..............if the price is right I would have to say that all the fashion that QVC tries to tell us is on trend and the ultimate in your fashion must haves (lol).

GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE.

I think I have said this before, but come on ladies........................if you were getting paid for spouting a load of sh*te..................................you would wouldn't you? Well I would:bandit: QVC obviously hold him in high esteem or otherwise they wouldn't have him on would they?

I reckon that Glen has a damned good laugh at some of the fashions he has to waffle on about, in fact I bet he wets himself laughing at some of the crap fashion that QVC continues to bombard us with.

I have said some cruel things about Glen in the past, but hey..............if the price is right I would have to say that all the fashion that QVC tries to tell us is on trend and the ultimate in your fashion must haves (lol).

GIVE THE BLOKE A BREAK PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE.

No.:angry:

I like him:mysmilie_59:

I do admit to eveything,everyone picks him up on - and some days,I really do wonder what he's on............but I don't think he's any different,to any other presenter - aren't they all trying to make something out of nothing?

I'd like him to be a bit more stylish himself - but I do like him!

I can take him or leave him really, he is no more annoying than any other sales person and thats what they all are in reality they may call themselves "presenters" but they are sales assistants their job is to make us buy stuff we dont need.

Go into DFS (or any other well known sofa chain :grin: ) and you will be treated to same sort of verbal rubbish.

Yah boo hiss! *throws eggs*

I just don't like the way he keeps referring to older women as though it's something bad. He's no spring chicken after all.

I just think he knows nothing. After all what does he say really ? Its garbage.

The guy on GMTV & for the life of me I can't think of his name, but he appears with Lorraine seems to me to know far more what is going on in fashion.

And WHAT on earth was he wearing the other day ? I swear it was a womans bright salmon pink / coral cardy:confused: He looked ridiculous. I've nothing against men being in touch with their feminine side but it was gross.

I have a love/hate relationship with him, on one hand I think he is a total idiot, trying to sound like he's selling couture and high fashion - with his silly expressions and suggestions.

On the other hand I keep fashion shows on now to see him be wheeled on! I fall about laughing, gives me a few moments sillyness!! I also find it hilarious how he walks on slowly too and how he wears the cardies, as some-one pointed out before, framing his man-bits!!

Not going to get into repeating what I've said many times before. But, would like to add that if QVC need to have a fashion expert, then for God's sake employ someone with an up to date knowledge of fashion. Someone who doesn't repeat the same boring garbage, over and over and over.....

Aaaahhh, what happened to the appreciation thread? Well, at least it's better than not being talked about.:wonder:

I just think he knows nothing. After all what does he say really ? Its garbage.

The guy on GMTV & for the life of me I can't think of his name, but he appears with Lorraine seems to me to know far more what is going on in fashion.

It's Mark Heyes - this is from Catherine's Twitter page (yes, I am that sad!)

"I am so excited I'll be presenting the jewellery IT List with @MarkHeyes, GMTV's fabulous stylist, on the 31st of this month! Can't wait :)"

Could be fun.

He's a very nice looking bloke. I'd like to see him wearing some sharp suits.:cool:

Poor Glen, his appreciation thread has just morphed into the Mark Heyes one. Never know, Glen might turn up in a snazzy suit next. With a cardi underneath of course!:doh:

Latest posts

Back