The difference between positive & negative attention...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Yes, you may have guessed, its about the Pompus (LOL) fashion label.

First of all this is not about Harald. I have no right to judge him as I don't know him.
However, his fashions are a touch (ahem) OTT, IMHO

I truly cannot believe any lady who would think that this sort of fashion would give them confidence, and attract 'positive' attention

I guess a rule of thumb is... if you enjoy the 'Dynasty era' look, with matching OMGG boommff hair, 'stage' make up, and black fishnet stockings in the office, this collection may be what you are seeking.

If you are seeking to look sexy 'in a subtle way' I would truly avoid this collection.

If Harald has a shoe collection, I would encourage him to make them up to shoe size 11 LOL... you know where I am going?

Finally, this phrase might be used re: Pompoos...
"oh Gosh, do I have to?"
  • .. when a presenter is asked to wear an item in a Pompoos show

• .. when you tell your friend to accept the Pompoos garment you have kindly purchased for them as a gift

• .. When you take a garment to Oxfam because you have exceeded the 30 day MBG, and 99p Buy it now on Ebay failed.. the oxfam assistant will see the label, and say.......

I have a simple v neck wrap dress. It's classic and timeless without a touch of tramp or vamp. A lot of his stuff isn't me at all but that's the case with lots of designers, ranges at LaQ and on the high street.

His wrap dresses are fab. I have 2 of them. They wash up well too. They are clearly well tailored and they show my, ahem, assets off to the best advantage. Put it this way, Mr Flamenco enjoys me wearing them!

Forget the Eurotrash stuff, he also does some really classic styles that are well cut too. I have bought a couple of pieces from his collection from the Bon Prix web site, and although I have had to go up a lot in size for the tops (European market), they are lovely to wear. In fact, wasn't there a Chanel style jacket on his show this afternoon ? now that didn't look bad at all !

as with everything, horses for courses. I've never yet watched one of his hours but if I did I'm sure there'd be something I'd like and something I'd hate, same as with all the other Q fashion.

Hmmm I might be swayed

.. and try a wrap dress, taking FB into consideration

Thanks folks! x

I don't claim to be an expert but with a few exceptions his stuff seems to be a zillion times better than the Items Of Loathing that usually passes for fashion on Q.

Ok you may not want to wear it to the supermarket, but I don't think our Harald wants you to!

LOVE the 80's glamazon models with big hair and make up.

I liked the Chanel-style jacket that I saw Claire wearing (no idea which show), and also a black dress with a subtle ruffle edged in gold, again with Claire this evening. Both are classics that you could wear for years, assuming it's decent quality which some of you have said it is (sorry, not very elegantly written, I'm tired and stressed tonight, logged on to unwind).

Linda xx

It's totally not for me, but I enjoy watching him and his Rocky Horror Show models ~ as others have said the quality seems good, and he's just a daaaalink!

I bought myself a long navy coloured mac from Harald's range. Got it at the outlet store in Birchwood, it was knocked down in price from £124.50 to £25!!! Not a thing wrong with it - just reduced in price. It is exquisite. Beautiful quality, lovely lining inside and looks and feels very comfortable. Compared to some of the stuff that passes as fashion on QVC, this particular item is a joy!

the problem with men and fashion is some of the distorted vision they can have about what womens bodies should look like hence some women having eating disorders

I liked the Chanel-style jacket that I saw Claire wearing (no idea which show), and also a black dress with a subtle ruffle edged in gold, again with Claire this evening. Both are classics that you could wear for years, assuming it's decent quality which some of you have said it is (sorry, not very elegantly written, I'm tired and stressed tonight, logged on to unwind).

Linda xx

Here you go EM: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.103561.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

the problem with men and fashion is some of the distorted vision they can have about what womens bodies should look like hence some women having eating disorders

i might have known it would be all our fault!

i blame women for the increase in male suicide.

Latest posts

Back