the "CLAUDIA" ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was looking at this ring just a few weeks ago and noticed that they had suddenly restocked various sizes and colour options so knew it would be coming up as a hot pick or featured item soon.

However, I am shocked at the price increase for what is essentially a 9ct gold ring with a few small diamonds. Less than a fortnight ago, this ring was in stock with an introductory price of £196.20 so how come that same stock has now managed to reach the giddy heights of £219.36?!

I had been considering buying it just last week but will not be doing so now as that is just QVC pushing their luck.

Me too, but that price is ridiculous. Even with the easy payments, I would not consider it now.

Don't want to be too negative here RedorDead because I do think this is a very stylish ring BUT... would it not seem a little less special if you had it again in another colour? It's more exclusive having just the one and then you could look out for another piece in rose gold...

A summary of prices of the Claudia ring, from this thread....

Launch price £134.73
Later in 2008 £147.12
August 2008 £158.64
Outlet Shop £75
May? 2009 around £170
April 2010 £196.20
May 2010 £219.36

and now it is £237.60!!!!!!!!!! (that's STILL an introductory price, haha, apparently the QVC price would be £285)

I love this forum for the ability to search back and check how prices have changed, but feel very very sorry for anyone who wants to buy a Claudia ring these days.

GREAT INVESTIGATIVE WORK Jantaculum !

OMG what a total rip off. I REALLY hope someone from QVC sees this . Their excuse would be that the price of gold has shot up etc etc etc, yeah sunshine but our incomes haven't !!!!

I ordered it when it first came out and sent it back because it was too wide. Stupidly I thought I'd give it another whirl......guess what? I still didn't like it:wait:

I treated myself to this ring some time ago ( & at the cheaper price.)Mine is in white gold & I love it, wear it nearly everyday & it is a weighty piece.I suppose with the price of gold now it is now much more expensive.It is quite wide so maybe on smaller hands/fingers it could look quite large?I once considered buying it in Yellow gold also but haven't!

Hard to tell whether this is a genuine price rise because it is fresh manufacture with freslhy bought gold at today's prices, or old stock they are flogging off.

No prizes for guessing which is the right answer!

it has to be the price of gold, its happened to a few othe popular pieces. i think they must sell so many of this ring, that they reorder it and the price goes up. i do have this ring but i was lucky enough to buy it when claudia herself showed it to us when it first launched, ive had it about 18 months now i think, its gorgeous. shame the price has gone up so high for the new people that want to buy it. do you think it will be on much whilst claudia is away on her maternity leave?

it looks very expensive and gorgeous but they should offer it on easy pay like the other one, by the way how much is it out of interest xxx

Launch price £134.73
Later in 2008 £147.12
August 2008 £158.64
Outlet Shop £75
May? 2009 around £170
April 2010 £196.20
May 2010 £219.36
November 2010 £237.60
January 2011 £285

Oh my goodness

Well I have seen a coat being presented where they make a huge deal of it having been really popular for years but they have held the price and I know for sure that it was originally £37 ish and is now £60. And as far as I know it ain't made of gold so can't blame gold prices rising !

It is just flagrant lying ! I also remember when the Vat rate last changed QVC hiked the prices far more than the increase in the tax. I think they rely on the people that just trust them implicitly and don't shop around.

Launch price £134.73
Later in 2008 £147.12
August 2008 £158.64
Outlet Shop £75
May? 2009 around £170
April 2010 £196.20
May 2010 £219.36
November 2010 £237.60
January 2011 £285

Oh my goodness
Oh my goodness indeed. :nod: The VAT increase and rising cost of gold just cannot justify this extortionate increase of over 100%, it's blatant profiteering imho. I notice the web doesn't tell us the gold weight and there's only 10pts of diamond. :doh: In my experience QVC diamonds are poor quality anyway and it's about time they gave details of the colour grade and clarity, but that would put many people off buying them...

I notice the web doesn't tell us the gold weight and there's only 10pts of diamond.

Someone has asked that very question in the Q&A part of the item description on the QVC web page. 2 people have answered that their rings weigh 7 gr and 7.87 gr. Don't know how accurate these answers are or whether the difference is due to the actual ring size these customers bought. :thinking:

Well I have seen a coat being presented where they make a huge deal of it having been really popular for years but they have held the price and I know for sure that it was originally £37 ish and is now £60. And as far as I know it ain't made of gold so can't blame gold prices rising !

It is just flagrant lying ! I also remember when the Vat rate last changed QVC hiked the prices far more than the increase in the tax. I think they rely on the people that just trust them implicitly and don't shop around.

Is that the Dennis Basso raincoat?

The Claudia ring is just one item that has jumped massively in price. I bought a tahitian pearl pendant from QVC in 2009, it was £68.00 it is now £102.75. I think their jewellery prices are now completely over the top and I don't watch as I think they are obscene and would not buy if I had that sort of money to spare. Even the silver jewellery prices are expensive.

Launch price £134.73
Later in 2008 £147.12
August 2008 £158.64
Outlet Shop £75
May? 2009 around £170
April 2010 £196.20
May 2010 £219.36
November 2010 £237.60
January 2011 £285
September 2011 £309.96

Any takers? Nope, didn't think so.

Just in case anyone's interested, my ring weighs 8.4g so that's a LOT per gram of gold, even taking the tiny diamonds into account.

And for the record, it's STILL one of my very favourite rings!

Latest posts

Back