That Tiana Woman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Ive been avoiding Q today for obvious reasons but every time ive switched over for a peek that Tiana woman has been on. She is quite hard sell (this would be 150 dollars in new York) and yet looks hideous in every single one of her own creations.

I laughed earlier when she said she was wearing a frock too sizes too big, and quite rightly JR said "it looks like you're size". Ha ha go JuJu!

Sorry if you like them but from a mans perspective they look naff as hell. Especially the maxi dresses. unflattering in the extreme.

I know what you mean, Burlz. I bought a TB about a year ago. The colours were totally delish, the dress fitted and other women would have liked it, but I know most men (straight or gay) would hate it. I dress to make me look the best I possibly can and TB doesn't do it for me. And I cannot understand the current trend for maxi dresses. Ladies, men like looking at legs!

I know what you mean, Burlz. I bought a TB about a year ago. The colours were totally delish, the dress fitted and other women would have liked it, but I know most men (straight or gay) would hate it. I dress to make me look the best I possibly can and TB doesn't do it for me. And I cannot understand the current trend for maxi dresses. Ladies, men like looking at legs!

Not my legs they don't.

When she was talking about one dress on the TB hour...she said "this would be hundreds of pounds on the high street"...what planet is the woman on. :wonder:

According to Joanne (Tiana B lady), Nearly every maxi dress shown would be perfect for all the street parties and outdoor events we are all going to experience this summer. She seemed to think what with the O event (don't sue me!) and the jubilee, the whole of the country would be putting the bunting up and tables in the street. There won't be any shindigs here obviously, how many of you will be whooping it up in your streets?

According to Joanne (Tiana B lady), Nearly every maxi dress shown would be perfect for all the street parties and outdoor events we are all going to experience this summer. She seemed to think what with the O event (don't sue me!) and the jubilee, the whole of the country would be putting the bunting up and tables in the street. There won't be any shindigs here obviously, how many of you will be whooping it up in your streets?

No thank you very much!

We are going to a street party on my brother's street, where there is a better community spirit. They are right misery guts on our street!

i thought she said it was 2 sizes too small?? julia said ut was nice and snug. but she was on about american and english sizes so i could have got the wrong end of the stick.

I shall be hiding behind the sofa when all the celebrations kick off for the Jubilee, in case David Beckham crops up on the Buck (Beck) House balcony !!! - which could happen as he's already taken over the Olympics; and he doesn't even live in this country - he's just a former England captain for gawds sake who likes showing off his groin. WHY a much deserved member of our armed forces couldn't have the priviledge of lighting the Olympic torch is beyond me.

Sorry, but if he is ever knighted then I shall emigrate

Apologies - off piste a bit here.

Glad I'm not the only one Marzy, they seem to dust him off and bring him out of the cupboard for any national event now, even though he hasn't lived here for years . All credit to his management team (Simon Fuller isn't it ?) who cant get enough publicity for their man - and his wife of course.

I suppose in the eyes of some in authority he photographs well, just as long as he doesn't open his mouth - the tinkerbelle voice just doesn't quite cut the mustard with the image he tries to portray.

Our street puts on lovely parties. Nearly 200 people (past and present residents and various family members) came to our Royal Wedding bash last year and it lasted until past midnight.

The Jubilee street party committee has been meeting regularly for two months now and we've got everything organised. We're recycling last year's bunting and flags, bought life-size cardboard cut-outs of Phil and Liz so people can have their pics taken with them for a small fee. Last year we raised nearly £1000 for the local children's hospice. I'm manning the plant stall and a small craft stall. All the women will bake for the cake stall.

We also have a street lighting-up party just before every Christmas - we gather on a neighbours drive, drink mulled wine and munch mince pies then at 6pm we all nip home and switch on the lights on the fronts of our houses. Then Father Christmas turns up on his sleigh (courtesy of local Rotary Club) with Christmas songs belting out of rather tinny loudspeakers (certainly not Bose). The kids love it. He judges the house with the best lights, presents a prize and has his photo taken with them. From then onwards we all switch our lights on at 3pm every day until 12th night. All our lights are white, no garish colours allowed !

Sorry, I digress, we are so lucky to live in a lovely road with great neighbours. !

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back