Tess Daly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is true. Strictly started in the UK and of course Bruce was the main host. So the US decided to do their own version of Dancing With The Stars, Bruce expected to be the main host of that version. His nose was really put out of joint when the DWTS hired a US host.
I don't think this was the first time he'd tried to 'crack' America. But I don't think Brucie's style appealed - it happens quite often, I'd say, where actors and entertainers think that because they've done pretty well here they can do the same in the States, but it's a very different audience dynamic. I remember the girl who played a character in EastEnders (think it was the youngest Slater daughter, for those who remember the Slater family); she apparently tried to get work in America. Often it doesn't work out.

He was very good at the ad lib and quick retort and in his early days of the tv London Palladium and quiz shows there was no-one to touch him,, but he did think he was on a par with the tap dancers in America like Sammy Davis Jnr - but sadly he wasn't.

I don't think this was the first time he'd tried to 'crack' America. But I don't think Brucie's style appealed - it happens quite often, I'd say, where actors and entertainers think that because they've done pretty well here they can do the same in the States, but it's a very different audience dynamic. I remember the girl who played a character in EastEnders (think it was the youngest Slater daughter, for those who remember the Slater family); she apparently tried to get work in America. Often it doesn't work out.
Yes, they rebooted The Bionic Woman, and she got the lead, but the show was cancelled after one season. I remember watching, and it wasn't bad, to be honest.

Catherine Zeta Jones, allegedly dated quite a few big producers when she first when to the US and got the parts. Then married Michael Douglas and won an Oscar.

Latest posts

Back