Technique silicone TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
Hi all!
I must be getting withdrawal symptoms...been determined to buy SOMETHING from QVC for a few days now but I have been so impressed with the TSV today that I have multi-buyed...I could have done without the baking mat but have been looking for a roasting tray for about a year and do not know of anyone else who does one...think it looks excellent value for the set and comes withs a lifetime guarantee!

how do you find baking with them. i find the bases of cakes are undercooked and the top is fine. whats the secret?

how do you find baking with them. i find the bases of cakes are undercooked and the top is fine. whats the secret?

I am sorry to hear you are having problems...I have only baked a very few times (probably about three in total - once in a loaf tray and a couple of times in a cake tin) so I am not an expert, but this is what I think....The quality of silicone may make a difference. I have used wellbake in the past and have been impressed with the thickness of the silicone. I think if the silicone is too thin the heat will not be retained sufficiently. I also let the cake rest until it was completly cool in the tray. Also, if you are not using a fan assisted oven it is better not to put the tray too high in the oven...I found with yorkshire puddings, if I put the tray too high they do not rise properly. Hope this helps!

you are a star. thanks for that info. makes a lot of sense. maybe you should be the cookware buyer for qvc. boffy

you are a star. thanks for that info. makes a lot of sense. maybe you should be the cookware buyer for qvc. boffy

thanks boffy! just a small note - I tend to use it for roasts (I think we have one at least once a week....if you are a fan of roasting things, the set is worth it for that...i actually think the prices are very good and aside from the 30 day mbg, you could probably resell the lot on ebay at a profit. hope it does work out for you though xx

This is a good thread, I have always wondered about this style of bakeware.

Thanks for this thread.

I am interested in this, as I am sick of my metal bakeware falling out of the cupboard! I noticed though that the roasting mat is 17.3" x 11.8". My metal baking tray is only 15". On a baking mat review there were complaints that at 16.7" it wouldn't fit into some ovens. :33: Just a thought, roasting mat a great idea, but will it fit? US ovens are much larger than ours, is that the problem?

Last edited:
I've ordered them but just read on the other thread they attract fluff, be no good in my house if they do, I was impressed by the claening of them my tins just never seem to come really clean unless I line everything with tin foil. anybody else had any problems with hairs sticking to them

I have ordered these - I use a baking sheet practically daily to line a roasting tin to cook meat/fish in and it's just showing signs of wear.

I am a little unsure however of the muffin moulds, when I went through a baking frenzy a while back and cooked muffins alot I could never turn them out successfully without breaking so would still use cases with a silicone tray.

I shall have to put this set to the test in the 30 day money back guarantee as I would love to be able to bake easy sponges without the lining/greasing palava.

I am interested in this, as I am sick of my metal bakeware falling out of the cupboard! I noticed though that the roasting mat is 17.3" x 11.8". My metal baking tray is only 15". On a baking mat review there were complaints that at 16.7" it wouldn't fit into some ovens. :33: Just a thought, roasting mat a great idea, but will it fit? US ovens are much larger than ours, is that the problem?

i do hope the roasting mat fits....i know it can be used as a cooling tray but i doubt i would use it for that purpose and it is the reason i bought this tsv!!!

i think it should fit though...i think it would take more or less the full width of the oven...i have just been trying to measure the internal dimensions of the oven but it has just been on so i a bit hot!!! i think 17.3 is about as close to a tight fit as possible...so it should just about fit, without touching the sides...but i am not 100%...and a bit worried now...

i had a set bought ages ago from qvc and the silicon was a lot thinner than say the john lewis stuff. also i dont think i like the feel of it. just love good quality tins even though they do rust sometimes and need replacing a lot i find the results superb. wont be buying scilicon. i am old fashioned i suppose.

Poundland sell the same items for £1 each when they have stock, ive seen them a few times in there

Home and Bargin do a nice range for £1.99p each. They had lots in my local one yesterday.

The loaf Tin is vey good, but don't let the red colour put you off.

I have a similar set I bought from QVC a while ago and it's great to squish it up into a small-ish space in the cupboard.

However, I still have to grease my baking 'tin' as the cakes stick otherwise. You have to use a metal baking sheet underneath the roaster as it's lethal otherwise, with hot fat sloshing about everywhere plus I've found it very difficult to clean the burned on fat from it.

Disappointing as a tool overall although it looks really nice! lol

Did some cakes in the muffin 'tin' the other day and left them till they were quite cool, and they came out beautifully. Didn't rinse them off and put the second batch in, and again no problems.

Used the roasting 'tin' for oven chips/wedges and they were really good and crispy.

Very tempted...but the computer, that they assured me was cancelled, turned up today...and I think I'm gonna keep it!!!!!

Just wondering how folks are getting on with this? I don't know if I'm keeping mine TBH, roasting rack doesn't fit in the oven. The mat you can't cut on - not sure what to do with it then, leaves 3 pieces. The shiney bits discolour if you use spray oil and the non-shiney bits pick up fluff from my towel. Hmmmm...:33:

Just wondering how folks are getting on with this? I don't know if I'm keeping mine TBH, roasting rack doesn't fit in the oven. The mat you can't cut on - not sure what to do with it then, leaves 3 pieces. The shiney bits discolour if you use spray oil and the non-shiney bits pick up fluff from my towel. Hmmmm...:33:

isn't it more a question of why would you keep it?

Someone else has noticed the fluff! I said they were fluff magnets when I bought a tsv ages ago. I've since seen fluff on silicone bakeware in Lakeland too. I was beginning to think it was just me!

Latest posts

Back