Tat sellers having babies

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

User 23988

Registered Shopper
Is it me but the tat sellers who have babies seem to break their necks,to appear back on the screen as soon as possible after giving birth.( one week for a certain person)
Please forgive me I’m old fashioned but I would have thought the baby would come first?
Maybe they have a good back up system family etc,but still not acceptable in my view.
QVC seems a very insecure place to work,desperate to keeps their jobs springs to mind.

Really? Kathryn and Eilidh were both off for months after they had their last babies. And I can't actually think of any other presenter who's been pregnant in recent years.

It isn't a fulltime job and I expect they do fewer shifts when they first come back. If you've got the childcare a day out of the home once a week having your hair and nails done and going on screen for a couple of hours must be quite the tonic.

Would we make any comment if a father returned a couple of weeks after, talk about childcare or the child coming first. Parenting is a joint responsibility, not just the woman's (unless she is on her own). Whilst I am no fan of Abbi - I think it's up her to decide when is right for her to return. She is freelance so wont be entitled to the maternity benefits offered to employees.

Would we make any comment if a father returned a couple of weeks after, talk about childcare or the child coming first. Parenting is a joint responsibility, not just the woman's (unless she is on her own). Whilst I am no fan of Abbi - I think it's up her to decide when is right for her to return. She is freelance so wont be entitled to the maternity benefits offered to employees.
I was in a bubble of adoration when I had my babies & even though I had a career that I thoroughly enjoyed I didn't give it a second's thought during my maternity leave. My husband, a wonderful man, husband & father, took his two weeks leave & then returned to work but he hadn't just squeezed out an eight pound baby who depended on him for food & didn't understand the concept of set mealtimes. It's been said that when a man becomes a father it enhances his career prospects because it shows maturity & responsibility. Unfortunately when a woman becomes a mother the opposite occurs because her first priority will always be her child. Personally the less I see of Eilidh & Kathryn the better, as for Abi/Abbie/Abbey...

Personally, if I had a baby I would not want to be rushing back to work, I would want to be at home being a mum. However, that's not always possible these days and circumstances will dictate what different people can afford to do or want to do.

CC
I read a paper on babies cognitive development...Jist being they should be with Mommy until 2yoa. Everyone had differing opinions here - I'm just reporting the facts (of the paper)

I was in a bubble of adoration when I had my babies & even though I had a career that I thoroughly enjoyed I didn't give it a second's thought during my maternity leave. My husband, a wonderful man, husband & father, took his two weeks leave & then returned to work but he hadn't just squeezed out an eight pound baby who depended on him for food & didn't understand the concept of set mealtimes. It's been said that when a man becomes a father it enhances his career prospects because it shows maturity & responsibility. Unfortunately when a woman becomes a mother the opposite occurs because her first priority will always be her child. Personally the less I see of Eilidh & Kathryn the better, as for Abi/Abbie/Abbey...
Eight pounds......Yikes!

My middle neph was NINE & very long with it.

I read a paper on babies cognitive development...Jist being they should be with Mommy until 2yoa. Everyone had differing opinions here - I'm just reporting the facts (of the paper)

Eight pounds......Yikes!

Both were that weight but they were tiny compared to this one.

Eight pounds......Yikes!

My first grandson was 9 pounds and his baby brother was 11 pounds 8 ounces!

Cartoon dilation pumpkins 250920036_101091.jpg

Didn't Alex have one not long after she started ?

I'm still waiting for the day when new dog owners can take puppy care days off.

And here's something I never quite understand - and get aggrieved about. WHY do supermarkets give preference to mother & child spaces close to the entrance door ? they are generally more able and a much fitter than a lot of older customers - who, may not qualify for a blue badge, but still struggle to walk the distance from the other side of the car park, whereas young fit mums have half a dozen steps to walk. They may have prams and other baby toddler paraphernalia which clearly need extra wide parking spaces, but does that really warrant a spot close to the entrance ? Rant over.

Didn't Alex have one not long after she started ?

I'm still waiting for the day when new dog owners can take puppy care days off.

And here's something I never quite understand - and get aggrieved about. WHY do supermarkets give preference to mother & child spaces close to the entrance door ? they are generally more able and a much fitter than a lot of older customers - who, may not qualify for a blue badge, but still struggle to walk the distance from the other side of the car park, whereas young fit mums have half a dozen steps to walk. They may have prams and other baby toddler paraphernalia which clearly need extra wide parking spaces, but does that really warrant a spot close to the entrance ? Rant over.
I totally agree, in my day they were simply wider spaces to allow you to get car doors open fully, have room for pram etc and usually next to a proper walkway and that was all that was needed.

Times are so very different these days, new mums need the cash for the childcare, hair, nails, brows, lashes, botox, fillers, makeup, beauty products, beauty tools/equipment, beauty box subscriptions, bags, shoes, spa treatments, gym memberships, personal trainer sessions, coffee shop visits, drinks with the girls, girlie breaks away, latest phone and the up to date fashion looks etc, etc.
After all they need that up to date relevance on their social media platforms, so they achieve the comments on how good they look and just what brilliant mothers they are.

At the risk of sounding a martyr which I'm not, decades on I do not regret one iota of my choice, career I gave up/lack of style/lack of adult contact/whatever. Baby comes first. And I'm sure a lot of single parents in a less than ideal world echo this, but you'll always get some who don't, just as you'll always get some parenting couples who don't, either. Selfishness sometimes rules. End.

Times are so very different these days, new mums need the cash for the childcare, hair, nails, brows, lashes, botox, fillers, makeup, beauty products, beauty tools/equipment, beauty box subscriptions, bags, shoes, spa treatments, gym memberships, personal trainer sessions, coffee shop visits, drinks with the girls, girlie breaks away, latest phone and the up to date fashion looks etc, etc.
After all they need that up to date relevance on their social media platforms, so they achieve the comments on how good they look and just what brilliant mothers they are.
More often or not it seems the 'latest phone' is in the hands of the baby / toddler when out and about !! This is real pet hate of mine.

Latest posts

Back