Tarte TSV 1/6/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tarte TSV 1/6/15

I don't pretend to know a lot about cosmetics, but the guests make up wouldn't have me running to buy it, imo she looks rather over cooked...LOL

Yes, she has had botox for sure.

I really hate the, well Fair is for the Nicole Kidman's and Tan for the Beyonce's etc. Yes, loads of women watching QVC will think they are Nicole Kidman, not. Proper live swatches, in fact on a white card would give a better idea of shades and tones. I know for sure I am not as fair as the blond fair shade, but the light looks too dark for me.
I used to just buy the lightest shade in foundation, until I found out I am not actually as pale as I thought.

By the way on the website all shades are available nothing is on advanced orders at the moment. Wonder have people cancelled???

I don't wear make up much so I wouldn't be buying anyway, but the guest keeps saying the models don't look like they're wearing make up - er, yes they do. Plastered in it in fact. It's not a minimal look IMO.

CC

out of four large kits laura geller and mallyi only loved the laura geller berry blusher. use this every day. and bought a huge spare one to keep. spakle is ok. from mally i liked the eyebrow stick. i must have tried well over 15 items from mally and did not like anything else.

eyeko is anather brand thats very overhyped rubbish imo

Mine has been shipped, I ordered and will try if I don't like it I will send back. I am surprised it has not sold out maybe AY put people off with the over made-up look.

Just looking now at a tarte show. Julia looks great and the black model looked very pretty in the photos. However, Tiffany looked very heavily made up, as did fairer models during the day. Anne Dawson though looked lovely today and she's quite fair so who knows. AY looked terrible when I saw her this morning - painted doll look. Maybe the lipstick was too dark.

CC

Yes, she has had botox for sure.

I really hate the, well Fair is for the Nicole Kidman's and Tan for the Beyonce's etc. Yes, loads of women watching QVC will think they are Nicole Kidman, not. Proper live swatches, in fact on a white card would give a better idea of shades and tones. I know for sure I am not as fair as the blond fair shade, but the light looks too dark for me.
I used to just buy the lightest shade in foundation, until I found out I am not actually as pale as I thought.

By the way on the website all shades are available nothing is on advanced orders at the moment. Wonder have people cancelled???

Glad you've mentioned that, because I thought the same, - no matter who's make up is on offer its always Nicole and Bonce who are mentioned as comparable skin types (wot if you don't know who these people are ?); and as for Tiffany - dear Lord any coverage would help her natural state, including a paper bag !!

I don't wear make up much so I wouldn't be buying anyway, but the guest keeps saying the models don't look like they're wearing make up - er, yes they do. Plastered in it in fact. It's not a minimal look IMO.

CC

Couldn't agree more!

All the QVC presenters look very "claggy" to me. Debbie Flint looks washed out and dry-skinned, and Julia Roberts has far too heavy eye-makeup (and it looks too sparkly for me).

Just looking now at a tarte show. Julia looks great and the black model looked very pretty in the photos. However, Tiffany looked very heavily made up, as did fairer models during the day. Anne Dawson though looked lovely today and she's quite fair so who knows. AY looked terrible when I saw her this morning - painted doll look. Maybe the lipstick was too dark.

CC

Anne Dawson has beautiful skin texture, and recently has looked much better groomed and quite elegant.

They use Tiffany in a lot of the beauty shows, and I know the transformation is dramatic, but I wish they wouldn't.

Methinks most of the models (not all) pop up on Mally's shows - changing of the guards?

Last edited:
Been at work so missed it. Was zonked so missed the launch. Sorted through my "Mally bag" and realised I have more than enough make up to work through. (Plus Mally is better! )

Only Tarte stuff I really rate are the lip products. I am glad Akimbo pointed out the Talc content of the shadows. It explains why the texture is no better than really cheap make up. Laura Geller and Mally shadows have much better texture to them than Tarte and you can see the results. Tarte eyeshadows are so weak in colour and texture you can barely see any results at all. That's why I returned the shadows I bought.
Don't need a bronzer and got a fair few Mally mascaras to work through. Really glad I fell asleep and missed the chance to be drawn in! Though I am going to watch this evening to check out the tango effect!

Aaaand guess who's telling us to stock up on the tan foundation for when you go on summer holidays or when you're using one of the face bronzers QVC have started selling!?!

And it's working - so that little trick will get rolled out again and again.

I'm now fascinated by the total immobility of Leigh McIlravy's face. She can blink and speak, but other than that is almost completely expressionless.

JR was raving about the eyeshadows and Mascara, the best she has ever used. Please don't tell Mally or LG :mysmilie_11:

Also AY is on her third pot of the new today Tarte liquid foundation. So is she saying that for the last year or so none of the numerous QVC UK foundations were good enough and she needed to use something from US ???

I have been up and down about this TSV all day - watched the midnight launch but decided to sleep on it, even pit a set in my basket an hour ago.. but the truth is I have way too much make - up and like a poster on here said, better to buy individual bits then to buy sets and run out o's space to store them. I have been sensible, but can't help thinking about the lovely lip pencil and blush/bronzer.

Strumpet, Hussy and Ho were also short-listed.

Very Good! :mysmilie_859:#

Tell you what, though - there was a product called pan-cake - from Max Factor. Maybe there was an association of words...? From the Max Factor Wikipedia page: "Pan-Cake", forerunner of modern cake makeup, originally developed for color films.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back