Tablet PC TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think they are market leader because of the hype associated with it. No USB connection, apparently it is difficult to put stuff onto it, it won't play flash movies, and you can't add memory cards to increase the storage. Not sure if it even has HDMI to display on your TV. So I will need a lot of convincing to ever consider buying an ipad.

I think the main pro's with the iPad against Android tabs (I've had both) are...

* Build quality far surpasses anything out there...nothing can even come close
* Retina display on iPad 3, again, far surpasses anything else
* App support. Both have excellent apps, but the Apple Store still has the edge

For me, when I owned an Android tablet, the instability of it and the fact that I had to have three different Internet browsers installed to be able to use my favourite sites was beyond my temper-tolerance levels. Yes you can easily add storage/USB to most Android tabs, but stability and compatibility is far more important for me. The iPad doesn't have HDMI built in, buy you can purchase an adapter to connect via HDMI.

And we shouldn't forget that whilst Flash compatibility is nice, it is officially a dead platform and will not be supported. Sooner rather than later, it will have pretty much disappeared from websites and they will all be HMTL 5!

Of course, it all comes down to personal choice. For me, I genuinely hated my Android (Acer A500) more than any other device I've had (and I've had a lot), whereas I absolutely love my iPad. Of course, there will be others with the exact opposite opinion :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
I think they are market leader because of the hype associated with it. No USB connection, apparently it is difficult to put stuff onto it, it won't play flash movies, and you can't add memory cards to increase the storage. Not sure if it even has HDMI to display on your TV. So I will need a lot of convincing to ever consider buying an ipad.

You've hit the nail on the head! Apple are lifestyle products, and the frenzied hype is whipped up by very clever marketing people. There is nothing wrong with Apple products; there are just better products out there. I have used both and I prefer to spend my money on the best available to me at that time, rather than the most popular. Just my opinion though :D

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

As an aside, it's quite funny seeing the presenters talk about this when previous to today (and probably tomorrow) they bang on constantly about the ipad!! Fickle?! Lol

As an aside, it's quite funny seeing the presenters talk about this when previous to today (and probably tomorrow) they bang on constantly about the ipad!! Fickle?! Lol

Exactly, that's why it's best to get as many different opinions as possible to find the device/platform best for you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You've hit the nail on the head! Apple are lifestyle products, and the frenzied hype is whipped up by very clever marketing people. There is nothing wrong with Apple products; there are just better products out there. I have used both and I prefer to spend my money on the best available to me at that time, rather than the most popular. Just my opinion though :D

Come over here and say that (only joking, see signature)

Imho....

Having used windows based PCs (and dos based ones) for years, I tried my DD's new IPad which she bought after doing a lot of research. I played with it for 5 mins and found it a piece of cake to use. You can't say that of traditional Windows products. I have Android on my HP netbook, bought from QVC, but find it all a bit sluggish.

Safari on IPads is like lightening and setting up emails is easy. True it doesn't have the features Stratobuddy has mentioned above but it has a number of Apps built in with the options to rapidly download many more. Both DD and myself now use our Ipads for their speed and convenience more than the netbooks. Plus it's so much more portable and doesn't heat up like netbooks etc. I don't have an Android tablet, so can't comment on that....

Come over here and say that (only joking, see signature)

Ha ha! :D

Of course, there are some shockingly awful Android tablets out there. The one I have was the direct competitor to the ipad and cost £350, same as the Apple. As with anything, you get what you pay for.

You can connect the iPad via a HDMI cable to your telly. We watched the entire Danish series The Killing that way.

Our mac pro is anything but a lifestyle product, we have added two additional hard drives and also increased the ram to make it perfect for our needs it's a serious bit of kit. Like wise my iMac processes large files with ease on a daily basis. The iPad does exactly what it's designed to do brilliantly.

Can you tell I'm in the apple camp? Lol

Last edited:
:hi: Don"t understand any of it, but just managing with a lap top :envy:

:hi: Don"t understand any of it, but just managing with a lap top :envy:

Nothing wrong with that SB! My laptop died and my Netbook is so slow, I'm stuck with my tablet and phone. I really miss a proper laptop. Hopefully having a new one off hubby at the end of the month :)

As well as your Lulu Guinness bag, you"re a lucky girl :happy:

Ah, I am, I know. :eek: Two toys, and a holiday, in one month!! But I paid for the bag, I didn't want him having a coronarary (sp) before his 40th birthday, hehe!! :eek:

Apparently the ipad is squarer, like the 4:3 but it's not 4:3, it's closer to widescreen, but it's not widescreen. :confused:

Hope that makes sense to you, just passing on info from the boss!!

I assume it's not 3g either? Wifi wasn't mentioned, and neither was 3g. If it is 4:3 apparently that's really outdated. Still, it's probably good for £200. Are you going for it SBuddy?

Been thinking about it all day, but don't want to rush as Prestigia also make other models, including a 320GB hard drive version. Needs more research, don't want to spent £20 pp if I buy it then send it back.

BTW who was the very attractive presenter, superb figure (shown off by her dress), and no annoying mannerisms/voice/accent. She seemed very natural as a presenter.

Last edited:
Hi, does anyone know if it is now possible to watch BBC iplayer on android tablets? In the past this has always been a big plus for apple products. Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know if it is now possible to watch BBC iplayer on android tablets? In the past this has always been a big plus for apple products. Thanks.

Yes you can watch BBC iPlayer on Android Tablets, infact the iPlayer App was preinstalled on the TSV QVC were selling.

Latest posts

Back