Suarti tomorrow

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

true SCW. i recorded the price more recently, in Sept 08, at £75 and a few months later it went up to £120.
also the prices of 9ct gold jewellery have quadrupled. very worrying trend:31:

yeah

cause i found this item

Suarti Collection 7ct Mint Quartz Square Cut Ornate Ring Sterling Silver
Item Number: 687442
QVC Price £106.50
Special Price £73.92
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.45

on my notes it says it was £83.50 to begin with so it looks like its gone up to be knocked down again

yeah

cause i found this item

Suarti Collection 7ct Mint Quartz Square Cut Ornate Ring Sterling Silver
Item Number: 687442
QVC Price £106.50
Special Price £73.92
Availability In stock
UK P&P £4.45

on my notes it says it was £83.50 to begin with so it looks like its gone up to be knocked down again

you are spot on SCW!!!! they have've been using this trick, too, i've noticed recently. i think i bought this ring just over a year ago for about £60-65!

lol watersiren i`m sure with my notes and the prices on the website it would make shocking reading

absolutely SCW! :59:

but to put everything into perspective, if one ever found the quality and design offered by S jewellery in the high street (which i doubt), one would have paid many times the QVC prices. i am an ardent jewellery collector and i visit jewellers all over Europe (i travel a lot on business). referring specifically to ss jewellery, i have never seen anything close to "Suarti" and it is unlikely that you will find a ss piece of some design sold for less than 200 euros (QVC price range of £40-60).

absolutely SCW! :59:

but to put everything into perspective, if one ever found the quality and design offered by S jewellery in the high street (which i doubt), one would have paid many times the QVC prices. i am an ardent jewellery collector and i visit jewellers all over Europe (i travel a lot on business). referring specifically to ss jewellery, i have never seen anything close to "Suarti" and it is unlikely that you will find a ss piece of some design sold for less than 200 euros (QVC price range of £40-60).

i remember a thread on here about her own website and the prices were a lot more than what is shown on QVC

post 12 in this thread

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9041&highlight=suarti&page=2

and i quote "
hi all,

The price rises seen on QVC are actually very reasonable - indeed, as an importer of Suarti jewellery I can tell you that they nowhere near reflect the actual rises in cost seen in the last year or so and I suspect, given the current economic climate, that QVC and/or Suarti have actually absorbed some of the rises, i.e. cut their profit margin, in order to hold prices down.

As to why the prices have risen there are two factors. First, you have to remember that silver, itself, and Indonesian jewellery is traded in US dollars.
  1. The price of silver. The cost of silver rocketed to nearly $20 US per ounce in 2007 and although it fell back to about $10 towards the end of the 2008 it is now rising again (currently $13-14). Also, in Indonesia the price is set by the government (not the open market) and they hold it artificially high. However, the silversmiths tend to buy well in advance so changes in price tend to lag behind the market, hence the rise of 18 months ago has only really started effecting prices in the last few months.
  2. The weakness of the pound. The value of the pound has dropped by approximately 30% against the dollar in the last year. So, for example, an item wholesaling at $10 cost £5 a year ago but now costs £7.20!

For a true idea of just how good the QVC prices are I suggest you check out the retail prices on Suarti's own site at www.suarti.com or Balinesia's sites, www.balinesia.net or, www.balinesianewyork.com or even our site at www.2bjewelled.com(Prices are pretty much the same on all though some of ours may be lower because we still have stock from before the recent price increases.)
"

that makes intresting reading

For anyone interested. They have now put all the pictures of the Premier items on the web-site, other than one.

:http://i124.p:

I like the pearl bangle, the one with pearls at either end. Would like to see it in real life. It's probably too big for me and would keep moving round.

Anyone bought anything today? I've not (yet. lol)

:[IMG]http://i235.p:

For anyone interested. They have now put all the pictures of the Premier items on the web-site, other than one.

:http://i124.p:

I like the pearl bangle, the one with pearls at either end. Would like to see it in real life. It's probably too big for me and would keep moving round.

Anyone bought anything today? I've not (yet. lol)

:[IMG]http://i235.p:[/QUOTE]

Hi aries,

thanks for that info i will take a look at piccies. I have brought a ring last clicks MOP for £23.00 reduced from £38.00 and also a carmelian pendent that sold out but got in there.

Hi aries,

thanks for that info i will take a look at piccies. I have brought a ring last clicks MOP for £23.00 reduced from £38.00 and also a carmelian pendent that sold out but got in there.

Yes, you mentioned earlier that you'd got the pendant, I'm sure it will be lovely when it arrives.

Have you got any of her necklaces, the plain sort of twisted ones, I'm toying with the idea as I think the pendants I have will look nicer on one of her chains?

Yes, you mentioned earlier that you'd got the pendant, I'm sure it will be lovely when it arrives.

Have you got any of her necklaces, the plain sort of twisted ones, I'm toying with the idea as I think the pendants I have will look nicer on one of her chains?

http://i268.pho[/QUOTE]

Yes Aries I do have the plain twisted necklaces. they are very nicely made and they even look nice on their own as well without a pendent, but also they do look nice with pendents. make sure your pendent has a nice big bale on it to fit. I have 687444 thats nice and it does not matter how big the bale is for this one as the chain fits most of her pendents. 692015 the collereete looks lovely and substaintial. i dont have this one, but i do have Aries a neckwire its a shiny one from Artisan taxco and I do put the suarti pendents on that too, they do look good on it if you want a higher neckline if you are wearing a shirt or blouse you see. 693053 just found that one too for you to look at. Hope this helps for you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

anyone been tempted today or yesterday yet?

i have :34:and purchased 3 items:

pearl bracelet - item 693052 (last clicks)
pink pearl earrings - item 693856
ornate swirl oval ring - item 693853 (i have already the matching earrings and pendant)

have you bought anything yet, fairynuff?

i have :34:and purchased 3 items:

pearl bracelet - item 693052 (last clicks)
pink pearl earrings - item 693856
ornate swirl oval ring - item 693853 (i have already the matching earrings and pendant)

have you bought anything yet, fairynuff?
not yet but will be watching tonight! Unfortunately don't have pierced ears but love the look of some of her earrings, wish she did clip-ons!

Latest posts

Back