Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If you look at the Aer Lingus flight from Belfast to London you wonder why we are bothering with all the precautions we are spending so much time and worry over.
This was a disgrace. There's no joined up thinking, not just in the UK but all over the planet. We went for 2 metre spacing, I thought this distance was chosen for scientific reasons but apparently it's 'rule of thumb'. However, in Austria it's 1.5 metre but people could only be in a group of 5, presumably a family of 6 had to have a rota with one person being in the shed!

Aer Lingus covered their asses by blaming the check-in staff.

But this is the thing the way people hop on a plane and go on holiday will change forever. The airlines make money by getting as many people on a flight as possible will they do half full flights in future? You can wave goodbye to the cheap holidays we have had for years.

Why would you want four holiday homes in the same county? That makes no sense to me unless he is planning to gift some of them to his children, or is is renting them out so they are investment properties rather.

I have just been for my weekly shop and the latest shortage appears to be Bran Flakes. None at Waitrose or on the Iceland delivery (the ONLY store I can find a slot or even access the website in some cases 😡). There was a delivery guy on LBC the other day saying their volume is up by a good 50% and he was just fed up of delivering endless amounts of booze to people WFH or on furlough. And as for traffic volumes this morning, talk about lockdown what lockdown? I hope the planes don't resume like the cars, it has been fabulous without them overhead.

Well I count myself lucky, no work to worry about or family I am separated from, if you call all alone lucky! But I am determined to keep on the positive side.I shall continue as I have been doing these last weeks, a shop once a week, daily walk, I am in a pleasant area, chat to people I meet, neighbours etc.Then when I feel confident I shall stretch my wings again!

I’m not feeling any great need to rush out any time soon, in fact dreading the call back to work.

I am very nervous and anxious in a car so don’t go “for a drive” , it has to be for a purpose, but a. short drive just to see different bits of green sounds appealing!

those who are missing families will be glad to see them and a slight easing of restrictions will be good but as for mixing with strangers, I’ll pass on that thanks as I feel this will keep coming in waves.

I’m not feeling any great need to rush out any time soon, in fact dreading the call back to work.

I am very nervous and anxious in a car so don’t go “for a drive” , it has to be for a purpose, but a. short drive just to see different bits of green sounds appealing!

those who are missing families will be glad to see them and a slight easing of restrictions will be good but as for mixing with strangers, I’ll pass on that thanks as I feel this will keep coming in waves.

I must admit that that - missing all the new greenery sprouting, bluebells in the hedgerows, and the primroses on the banks - is the only thing I've missed so far.

It's been difficult getting food and other grocery items at times but otherwise, I've enjoyed the peace of lockdown. It's done my anxiety the world of good as I've not had to be worried about unwanted knocks at the door or phone calls etc.

I think we'll have waves of infections, too, and with my health issues I don't want to risk going out yet either.

Anyone missing the "flogging" calls that either call at mealtimes or really early in the morning?

How the hell was that allowed???? Essential travel???? I hope they were leaving England (sorry Lati)

What has Gordon Ramsay done?

I was going to ask that until I read further. He's that type. Big ego, small... brain.

I thought construction workers then thought about the poor women in N.I. that feel so trapped and desperate by pregnancy they have to risk travelling over here for an abortion. (Unless things have changed yet?) What an awful situation to be in.

Have you noticed that there isn’t one person on Q whose hair looks as if it needs a trip to the hairdresser. No roots, no fuzzy ends, no fringes down to their belly button in fact most look much better, unlike myself but then I’m adhering to lockdown rules.

Spaniel ears must have ditched the extensions as the other day it was the best I’ve seen it for years.

I noticed that in the middle of the shows which spaniel ears presents a pop up comes up advertising her Book club. The other day I accidentally downloaded her book on to my kindle and even though it was dead cheap I nearly had a stroke at spending even a penny on that woman!

I love May & the warm weather, helped by some rain, has made everywhere look glorious. We live a short walk away from the most beautiful park, it was given to the people of the town in the 1920s by a local business man & philanthropist & it's worthy of a place in any capital city. There's an avenue of horse chestnut trees & they're now in full candle & look wonderful.

Have you noticed that there isn’t one person on Q whose hair looks as if it needs a trip to the hairdresser. No roots, no fuzzy ends, no fringes down to their belly button in fact most look much better, unlike myself but then I’m adhering to lockdown rules.

Spaniel ears must have ditched the extensions as the other day it was the best I’ve seen it for years.

I noticed that in the middle of the shows which spaniel ears presents a pop up comes up advertising her Book club. The other day I accidentally downloaded her book on to my kindle and even though it was dead cheap I nearly had a stroke at spending even a penny on that woman!

Male and female newsreaders too, maybe their partners are professional hairdressers!

Why would you want four holiday homes in the same county? That makes no sense to me unless he is planning to gift some of them to his children, or is is renting them out so they are investment properties rather.

I have just been for my weekly shop and the latest shortage appears to be Bran Flakes. None at Waitrose or on the Iceland delivery (the ONLY store I can find a slot or even access the website in some cases 😡). There was a delivery guy on LBC the other day saying their volume is up by a good 50% and he was just fed up of delivering endless amounts of booze to people WFH or on furlough. And as for traffic volumes this morning, talk about lockdown what lockdown? I hope the planes don't resume like the cars, it has been fabulous without them overhead.

I was wondering how on earth they do distancing when they have their makeup applied?

Well I count myself lucky, no work to worry about or family I am separated from, if you call all alone lucky! But I am determined to keep on the positive side.I shall continue as I have been doing these last weeks, a shop once a week, daily walk, I am in a pleasant area, chat to people I meet, neighbours etc.Then when I feel confident I shall stretch my wings again!
I am on the same thought wave as you. I live in quite a village type of place and the feeling of being neighbourly and thoughtful has never been so strong. Its odd that this virus as awful as it is has made community important again. There are some elderly people who live alone and we have all made an effort to do shopping and errands to help those in total isolation. We have a what's app page and everyone can join. we sort out all sorts of bits n bobs for all even if its just to have a chat online ....

I love May & the warm weather, helped by some rain, has made everywhere look glorious. We live a short walk away from the most beautiful park, it was given to the people of the town in the 1920s by a local business man & philanthropist & it's worthy of a place in any capital city. There's an avenue of horse chestnut trees & they're now in full candle & look wonderful.

Our area isn’t really built up we have a fair share of greenery, we live by a glorious park too T it’s about a ten minute walk, armed with beautiful huge lake, play area, tennis courts, kiddie area and the most unusual part were you walk down and it’s like you’re walking into a quarry, but with trees and flowers, also the squirrels are anyone’s for a bag of Monkey Nuts 😂

Happy VE Day and bank holiday to all my forum buddies, hope you’re all ok, love you all ❤ xxx

Latest posts

Back