Stacey, not back for a LONG time ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cathtv

Registered Shopper
Stacey just mentioned she wouldn't be back to QVC for a LONG time.

I have bought a few bits, and find her very entertaining, but some how I am now worried she is not going to be back for a LONG time :sad:

Just curious to know why ?

The range probably isn't selling very well - not surprising with such a tacky name. It all boils down to money in the end.

Her mistake was getting to big for her sling-backs and falling out with QVC USA. She should have stuck with Models Prefer. :cheeky:

The range probably isn't selling very well - not surprising with such a tacky name. It all boils down to money in the end.

Her mistake was getting to big for her sling-backs and falling out with QVC USA. She should have stuck with Models Prefer. :cheeky:

That's a bit harsh! She's genuinely enthusiastic and I feel teaches the viewer a lot more than any of the other make up guests. The fact that she starts a show with no make up (and gets SOME presenters to do so to) impresses me as she shows how good her range actually is. I have bought more since she changed to YBF as the formulas are much improved!

Her clothing range was pretty dire too. HOWEVER last year some time, she came on set wearing THE most fabulous long blue velvet dress with slash neck and long sleeves - it really was sensational. The presenter at the time drooled like a baby, and Tracey did promise to design a similar one later on for her collection. GUESS WHAT, no sign of it. Same as Julia K from Indigo Moon promising and promising to put pockets on her clothes - hell has more chance of freezing over- Just dont promise what you cant deliver qvc !

That's a bit harsh! She's genuinely enthusiastic and I feel teaches the viewer a lot more than any of the other make up guests. The fact that she starts a show with no make up (and gets SOME presenters to do so to) impresses me as she shows how good her range actually is. I have bought more since she changed to YBF as the formulas are much improved!
:wave2:
I agree with you, imo you cn't beat her lip gloss and mascara, and believe me I've spent a small fortune on both before I tried these

all her clothing is in last clicks so i suspect we won't be seeing any more from that range.she certainly looks classier than any of those designs....

I'm not really a big make up buyer and haven't bought any of her range but I do enjoy watching her. There were a lot of shows during this visit so I don't imagine sales are that low or QVC wouldn't broadcast so many hours.

i always watch if she is on because she is v entertaining, especially if there some nice chemistry with the other presenter. and the whole "transformation" concept is a clever one. I do think she has changed though, this new range looks dead tacky on-screen - the plastic pink cases and rip off of the YSL logo, no idea how she is getting away with THAT! the row she had with QVC US meant she had to give up the MP name and it seems to have burst the balloon somewhat. can you imagine building up a brand for all those years and then losing it in a legal wrangle? that must be devastating and just goes to show how powerful QVC must be that they can take that away from someone. its all very sad and i hope she pulls it back somehow... but i cant see her doing it with YBF.

i always watch if she is on because she is v entertaining, especially if there some nice chemistry with the other presenter. and the whole "transformation" concept is a clever one. I do think she has changed though, this new range looks dead tacky on-screen - the plastic pink cases and rip off of the YSL logo, no idea how she is getting away with THAT! the row she had with QVC US meant she had to give up the MP name and it seems to have burst the balloon somewhat. can you imagine building up a brand for all those years and then losing it in a legal wrangle? that must be devastating and just goes to show how powerful QVC must be that they can take that away from someone. its all very sad and i hope she pulls it back somehow... but i cant see her doing it with YBF.

Thanks for filling me in BB - thats quite sad for her really isn't it:sad: Why did they make her chage the name?

I don't know whats happened in the MP/YBF changeover but I loved MP - and I don't love YBF - the quality or the packaging.

I do think YBF is a particularly awful brand name

So if she's no longer on QVC US how come she's still allowed on UK? Why was she not allowed to keep the name?
Despite the packaging (which personally, I don't mind), the new range is paraben free which is much better!

So if she's no longer on QVC US how come she's still allowed on UK? Why was she not allowed to keep the name?
Despite the packaging (which personally, I don't mind), the new range is paraben free which is much better!

There has been a long legal battle between the 2.
Apparently MP was created by Stacey for QVC, but as the brand's popularity grew, Stacey wanted to manage MP herself, and with which QVC did not agree, it lead to a lawsuit and it the end they settled, but she had to give up the name MP, as it was not her property.

more info here
http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/connecticut/ctdce/3:2007cv00445/77202/1/

No one could understand how she stayed on QVC UK after the legal case with QVC US. Perhaps QVC UK is its own self contained company. She and YBF are now on the HSN channel in the US.

I find her fun to watch. But the products are just plain rubbish, even when MP.

Think Mally is the new MP for QVC.

I only ever had a couple of MP products which weren't great. I tried the YBF range on TSV a couple of months ago because of the hype about new formulations and with the exception of the lipgloss which had scratchy glitter in it I loved the quality of it. Usually I'm a Smashbox girl! I have ordered the Mally TSV on advanced order for October. Maybe I need to start FARTing!!!

Latest posts

Back