Sonia Bitton Jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Some lovely unusual pieces in this range but what prices? I'm now absolutely positive that QVC aren't aware of the recession!!

Rather like Sonia's jacket, bet it's from a Designer Store in New York rather than the rails of QVC/US..........:wink:

Gorgeous baubles!! Expensive but oh so different. Somebody hang on to my credit card!! :eek:)

Some nice designs, but 9ct gold, low diamond weight in a lot of pieces and no mention of grade, you could do much better elsewhere for the prices being asked!

Some nice designs, but 9ct gold, low diamond weight in a lot of pieces and no mention of grade, you could do much better elsewhere for the prices being asked!

I know and that's why I'm not buying. In fact, the carat-weight was the first thing OH mentioned, certainly not much for your money that's for sure.

It's the terminology that makes me laugh, regardless of their position in the market.

"Surprise Price £2,700"
"Two easy payments of £980"

Too rich for my blood....

I know and that's why I'm not buying. In fact, the carat-weight was the first thing OH mentioned, certainly not much for your money that's for sure.

I must admit that although I want value for money always, with jewellery I am swayed by the overall look and feel of the piece. I buy (or should I say choose) with my heart more than my head.

I must admit that although I want value for money always, with jewellery I am swayed by the overall look and feel of the piece. I buy (or should I say choose) with my heart more than my head.

I know what you mean and it's sometimes difficult to resist but, thankfully, (or maybe not!!) the particular ring I fancy is out of stock in my size........:mysmilie_512:

Even if the price was £980 - let alone £2,700, I wouldn't buy from a shopping channel with that sort of money; and if its got qvc stamped inside like the rest of their rings, then thats even worse, because in my past experience, local jewellers have been very sniffy about valuations on anything to do with qvc.

I don't have any designer stuff from QVC but I have a few gemset rings from them. The most expensive being a three stone morganite ring. There's no QVC stamp inside of that.

I know my local jeweller has told me that silver diamonique is very lightweight. He said something like it looks great and it's well made but quite lightweight so watch it for wear and tear. He thought the one gold diamonique ring I had was much better in terms of the goldweight and the band not being hollowed out but that was bought a few years back before gold and silver prices rocketed.

He's altered other QVC pieces without batting an eyelid and even been very complimentary that they are nice pieces and well made.

But as I said before, I fall in love with jewellery and as long as I believe it's value for money and not flimsy or badly made then I'm in. I don't think I have ever taken a piece to be valued, other than pieces I've inherited and don't know the value of ... and then it's just a cursory once over so that I can know whether they need to be listed separately on my house insurance. And then anything that would appear to be over the single item limit gets a full valuation.

But I was a good girl and didn't buy anything last night. I'm th jewellery queen but even I wouldn't spend that much without some serious thought or a good reason ... like our Lizzie has. Big anniversary means summat sparkly for our Lizzie I hope!!

Way too expensive for me. Can't even afford a new washing machine at the moment let alone gold and diamond jewellery easy pay or not!!:mysmilie_468:

Way too expensive for me. Can't even afford a new washing machine at the moment let alone gold and diamond jewellery easy pay or not!!:mysmilie_468:

Really sorry to hear that times are tough for you at the moment Catkins. Hope things improve soon.

Worse than the prices and low carat weight was the constant sight of JF's ghostly white wrinkled fingers. Ewww, they look like they've been moulded from soft candle wax. What does she do to them to get that look?

Thanks BusyLizzie. We seem to be having a run of bad luck in the Catkins household at the moment but y'gotta keep smiling eh?:flower:

Thanks BusyLizzie. We seem to be having a run of bad luck in the Catkins household at the moment but y'gotta keep smiling eh?:flower:

Definitely keep smiling Catkins. Hope you're not in dire need of a washing machine. Not having one even for a few days is an absolute bugger.

Latest posts

Back