Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All kicking off again on the fb page. Someone asked when "anorexic jill" will be on again. Seems like the social media team have slept in this morning as it's still there.

All kicking off again on the fb page. Someone asked when "anorexic jill" will be on again. Seems like the social media team have slept in this morning as it's still there.

Yep I saw that and no doubt when the Social Media team wake up they`ll remove it but I noticed lots of keyboard warriors jumped on the thread to add their sixpenny worth. It just feeds the opening poster who`d obviously said it for such an effect. He got a result !

Hell is breaking loose at the moment, someone asked when Anorexic Gill is back on? Same person said something about Miceal earlier yesterday which as gone now. Others are demanding the poster is banned as no one has the right to call anyone that. The mods must have been at the christmas do and it was still there.

Ah its been removed now. Maybe the SM team were busy reading this thread instead ��
It never ceases to surprise me that people still fall into the trap of responding to these provocative type of posts....but then the QVC Facebook page seems to be full of the professionally offended types.

What on earth did trolls do before the advent of social media, were they initially oblivious and something like FB just awoke their inner troll???

I just don't get why people enjoy posting unpleasant/offensive stuff to provoke a reaction - it's such a monumental waste of energy. Not saying everything has to have a purpose, but it's so damn self-defeating.

It's the same as anything really, someone could type something that they find inoffensive, in jest, tongue in cheek and don't mean anything buy it, but someone like the the QVC keyboard warriors, who think that to pass wind in the direction of a QVC presenter is offensive, will read bad into into anything anyway, so I suppose what I'm saying is, if you're the type of person that sees bad in everything, then anything they see written and don't agree with, they'll find bad and offensive.

Ah its been removed now. Maybe the SM team were busy reading this thread instead ��
It never ceases to surprise me that people still fall into the trap of responding to these provocative type of posts....but then the QVC Facebook page seems to be full of the professionally offended types.

I'm not looking forward to the fury that will be unleashed in our direction when some of the contributors to the page see what's being said on here. They don't seem like the sort of people who accept criticism well.

Just had a look at QVC arsebook page, lots of posts about none arrival of stuff and one complaining that the boozy mince pies dispatched on the 13th of December still not arrived despite Qs promises. Well, they have to have some food at the Hermes Christmas do.... Christmas day posts should be good because there will be no X people to moderate. I hope to be able to post as many complaints as possible in between cooking lunch, getting merry and falling asleep in front of the TV..

I'm not looking forward to the fury that will be unleashed in our direction when some of the contributors to the page see what's being said on here. They don't seem like the sort of people who accept criticism well.

It's nothing to do with the Q FB admin team what is discussed in here. How would they unleash fury?

It's the same as anything really, someone could type something that they find inoffensive, in jest, tongue in cheek and don't mean anything buy it, but someone like the the QVC keyboard warriors, who think that to pass wind in the direction of a QVC presenter is offensive, will read bad into into anything anyway, so I suppose what I'm saying is, if you're the type of person that sees bad in everything, then anything they see written and don't agree with, they'll find bad and offensive.

No, but this person was doing it as wind up. Saying they knew it was a form of mental illness and she should get help. How she never did food shows, this was proof she was anorexic and they were just telling the truth. I have seen her stuffing her face in chocolate/sweets show. No idea what they said about Miceal but seems it was just as nasty.

It's nothing to do with the Q FB admin team what is discussed in here. How would they unleash fury?

I wasn't talking about the Admin but the contributors to the page, as I said. The post I was replying to was talking about Admin reading ST.com and that made me think about the rest.

Oh gosh I see Kiplinggate is at it again. The replacement colours turned out to be the same wrong colour so now 2 mud coloured bags instead of one

No, but this person was doing it as wind up. Saying they knew it was a form of mental illness and she should get help. How she never did food shows, this was proof she was anorexic and they were just telling the truth. I have seen her stuffing her face in chocolate/sweets show. No idea what they said about Miceal but seems it was just as nasty.

There was a picture of Miceal with a pony and comment to the effect M was unpleasant as a gay man (These aren't the actual words as I can't recall them)

I wasn't talking about the Admin but the contributors to the page, as I said. The post I was replying to was talking about Admin reading ST.com and that made me think about the rest.

Ah I see. Not sure where they would vent their fury though as I can't imagine they are all in the same group.

Ah I see. Not sure where they would vent their fury though as I can't imagine they are all in the same group.

Apologies for earlier confusion. In the past, a couple of posters have said in the reply comments in Visitor Posts that some naughty people on here found their 'issues' amusing and they were not happy about that. In fact, most of us are just bemused by it all.

Latest posts

Back