Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I near wet myself laughing, turned over while down loading a film and there's ol' Flinty Chops singing in that break when they say what's coming up, I was that unimpressed I can't even remember the Christmas song, but it was that jokingly type singining you do, you know the one when you do it to disguise the fact you can't sing, yeah she was doing that one.

Can't wait until the summer when the vintage tea room opens and that gets advertised in amongst the rest of it. Maybe she'll sublet the annex when she is not in occupancy and down in Devon!

When she's in residence, I believe they raise the flag with her coat of arms which is a huge green pound sign surrounded by gold stars, with her moto written on it in gold leaf "The Fat Lady Doesn't Have To Slim, Because The Pounds Will Still Come Rolling In"

I see loads complaining about Hermes and QVC using them. Seems they decide to blame Hermes for late delivers no tracking etc. I ordered cat food online pet supermarket free shipping, now I have done it twice before comes in two days with full tracking. So this time I was thinking bet its much later and the tracking screwed. No shipped on Thursday and arrived on Saturday noon on schedule and tracking showed all the way.

As for Kiplingate, though that ordered Karki(sp) got the Port, the muddy colour others got must be the Karki one.

I suspect they are blaming Hermes when actually it is the service QVC pay for, as I find my Hermes is good had the same ladies doing it for a number of years.

I ordered large parts for my cooker hood on Sunday night, about £3 postage arrived lunchtime by courier (not Hermes) in a big box.

Q put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I don't think I've ever known QVC's Facebook page to be so negative. I am not a regular "reader" and I know it's never been a great advert for the company with the frequent criticism of deliveries, P&P, etc sort of balanced by the OTT praise and customer crawliness. But it really seems to me that the complaints have taken over! Or has it actually always been like this?

I don't think I've ever known QVC's Facebook page to be so negative. I am not a regular "reader" and I know it's never been a great advert for the company with the frequent criticism of deliveries, P&P, etc sort of balanced by the OTT praise and customer crawliness. But it really seems to me that the complaints have taken over! Or has it actually always been like this?

I agree, I've been a lurker on there for about 6 months and it seems this last month, there has been a real sea-change in opinions on there. Before, it was full of gushing and praise but now it really is mainly complaints and in fact, the moderation seems to have eased off, like they just can't be bothered sometimes to take down references to other retailers!

I agree, I've been a lurker on there for about 6 months and it seems this last month, there has been a real sea-change in opinions on there. Before, it was full of gushing and praise but now it really is mainly complaints and in fact, the moderation seems to have eased off, like they just can't be bothered sometimes to take down references to other retailers!

Most of the time Q admin jump on any mention of other retailers and remove posts. There are very few positive posts and no cheerful banter these days. If admin miss a dodgy post it's probably because they have nodded off with boredom.

Mind you, I've just had a look at Ideal World's FB page and, guess what, it's nearly all complaints about Hermes, prices, slow responses to queries and refunds, presenters who talk too much, the website and additionally the cost of phoning them. The saving grace is, the Admin boys and girls have not got the Curse of the X. There's even a Facebook page called Ideal World are Sh*t.

Mind you, I've just had a look at Ideal World's FB page and, guess what, it's nearly all complaints about Hermes, prices, slow responses to queries and refunds, presenters who talk too much, the website and additionally the cost of phoning them. The saving grace is, the Admin boys and girls have not got the Curse of the X. There's even a Facebook page called Ideal World are Sh*t.

I've shopped with IW since day one, as I did with QVC and I can hand on heart say that QVC problems far outweighed IW. I know IW get a lot of stick but the odd problem I've had with IW have been sorted out quickly by email, if an item is missing you email them and they send you the missing part, yesterday they refunded £11.98 to my account because I emailed that I was disappointed that I missed out on their flash free p&p event, they rang and said because I was a good customer they'll refund me it, in twenty years at QVC I never got so much as an easy pay code, we all have different experiences though I suppose. I've ordered a lot from IW over the past fortnight and got my items in two days and believe me, my Hermes courier won't be winning employee of the month anytime soon.

I never ring them, and I do agree about the presenters though, they make QVCs look competent, polite and humble.

I've shopped with IW since day one, as I did with QVC and I can hand on heart say that QVC problems far outweighed IW. I know IW get a lot of stick but the odd problem I've had with IW have been sorted out quickly by email, if an item is missing you email them and they send you the missing part, yesterday they refunded £11.98 to my account because I emailed that I was disappointed that I missed out on their flash free p&p event, they rang and said because I was a good customer they'll refund me it, in twenty years at QVC I never got so much as an easy pay code, we all have different experiences though I suppose. I've ordered a lot from IW over the past fortnight and got my items in two days and believe me, my Hermes courier won't be winning employee of the month anytime soon.

I never ring them, and I do agree about the presenters though, they make QVCs look competent, polite and humble.

I remember you saying once before that IW have a lot going for them. I'm trying to remember what it was in particular that you recommended on there. I have bought from them a couple of times in the past but used the website. The items were fine but not the sort of thing you'd repeat buy and I guess I just drifted away. I didn't shop with QVC then at all. I agree the TV presentations were painful and on the odd occasion I've looked in lately, still are!

I mainly mentioned the Facebook page to show how awful Facebook is in general and how the sheep on there are just as bad as on QVC. If I had a business I would do my damnedest to resist having a Facebook page.

I only hear negative comments about Fakebook these days! I've said before that you have got to take the rough with the smooth! That's what business is all about!

Still, it gives me a laugh when I occasionally read some Posts! :mysmilie_14:

I only hear negative comments about Fakebook these days! I've said before that you have got to take the rough with the smooth! That's what business is all about!

Still, it gives me a laugh when I occasionally read some Posts! :mysmilie_14:

fakebook, I like it. :mysmilie_15:

I remember you saying once before that IW have a lot going for them. I'm trying to remember what it was in particular that you recommended on there. I have bought from them a couple of times in the past but used the website. The items were fine but not the sort of thing you'd repeat buy and I guess I just drifted away. I didn't shop with QVC then at all. I agree the TV presentations were painful and on the odd occasion I've looked in lately, still are!

I mainly mentioned the Facebook page to show how awful Facebook is in general and how the sheep on there are just as bad as on QVC. If I had a business I would do my damnedest to resist having a Facebook page.

I did recommend the Tefal Actifry but they've sold out now, after years of trusty service I decided to get the Tower 5 litre one last week, that's now sold out, and it's brilliant. I didn't think I repeat purchased till I thought about it, I repeat purchase Skinn, Williams Waterless for husbands car, Zhuzh and clothes, and when I'm not repeating I always find something that I need (ok want) that keeps me buying. Things seem to go back and forward from the channels, like firstly IW had Roast Easy and Twirl Curl, they went to QVC and now they're back again, so what I wouldn't buy on QVC I'd probably buy on IW, due to cheaper, faster delivery but more than that though, the free returns, you can try it for fourteen days and still return it. I agree with you about business and FB.

I did shop at IW but have not done for years the service was always hit and miss for me. Every time I briefly flick on must say I flick off quicker than QVC. They never lived lived up to their potential for me.

I did shop at IW but have not done for years the service was always hit and miss for me. Every time I briefly flick on must say I flick off quicker than QVC. They never lived lived up to their potential for me.

Have to say that I have never ordered a lot from IW but have never had a problem.

anytime I flick over its the creepy Peter guy, the same today special value week after week. I ordered long ago from them the Dave Bradford jewellery cleaner, they kept trying to up selling me stuff. Then a few years latere phoned and asked why I no longer ordered from them, would I be interested in the whatever? Thought ****** cheek! Refuse to buy anything from them again.

Go read the IW section and its complaining about Peter and the others, the selling of watches which are the true brand they claim to be. I wouldn't touch their fashion but then I wouldn't touch QVC's either, not my style at all.

anytime I flick over its the creepy Peter guy, the same today special value week after week. I ordered long ago from them the Dave Bradford jewellery cleaner, they kept trying to up selling me stuff. Then a few years latere phoned and asked why I no longer ordered from them, would I be interested in the whatever? Thought ****** cheek! Refuse to buy anything from them again.

Go read the IW section and its complaining about Peter and the others, the selling of watches which are the true brand they claim to be. I wouldn't touch their fashion but then I wouldn't touch QVC's either, not my style at all.

I agree Peter Simon is a disgusting creep and why him and the other Bidettes are there is anyone's guess. IW are coming up their 18th year now, which proves they're doing something right, their service has gotten better over the past few years, which is why I suppose, without a big multi global American company to catch them and back them up, takes some doing.

Anyway, each to their own I suppose, and we'll all only ever shop were we're happiest and get a service that we're happy with.....oh er and one more thing " love to all and a Merry Christmas to everyone, and Graham of course for giving us this great forum. :mysmilie_852:

Has the food hamper arrived yet?
Are the groupies still posting?
How many freebies did the Bloggers get today? :mysmilie_61::mysmilie_852:

Latest posts

Back