Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It would seem that Q's UK FB page is reverting to the US one - some major gripes on that one and no 'kisses' in the Q responses either!

Yesterday's drama was:

A woman in Guernsey who desperately wanted to order the Centigrade TSV ! BUT, a ship had accidentally cut the phone wires under the sea and she could not phone in!!!! Strangely her internet was still working as she was able to post!!!! Doh!!!

I had a few phone conversations with people in Guernsey yesterday and there was no problem. I wish I'd known about the Facebooker's plight so I could have got her to a safe place where she could make that call!

To go off on a bit of a tangent, why do so few people read what they've typed before posting it on QVC's Facebook page? I've never read so many typos and so much nonsense in one place.

Please read the reply from another poster about a Loccy box which was destroyed by the courier - the one about going to Superdrug. Think it will be pulled soon

Please read the reply from another poster about a Loccy box which was destroyed by the courier - the one about going to Superdrug. Think it will be pulled soon

Just had a look and couldn't see a post regarding superdrug. A comment had been removed so presume it was that one. What did it say?

(Ok something weird is going on, when I try and search for QVC UK on Facebook whilst logged in, it will only take me to the US page no matter what I do. However I can navigate to it no problem when not logged in, does that mean I've been blocked???? I hardly ever post so have no clue why I would have been blocked, bit of a headscratcher????)

Just discovered the region preference had been set to the US for some inexplicable reason, back to the glorious mediocrity of the UK one ��

Last edited:
To go off on a bit of a tangent, why do so few people read what they've typed before posting it on QVC's Facebook page? I've never read so many typos and so much nonsense in one place.

There used to be a poster who would post in text speak - drove me mad - thankfully I haven't seen any posts by her for a while - stupid woman.

Just had a look and couldn't see a post regarding superdrug. A comment had been removed so presume it was that one. What did it say?

People were suggesting buying new packaging to replace the bashed box.

He rambled on about a parcel for his wife from Ann Summers and then said go to Superdrug, buy a set of Victoria Beckam and that it would smell of camel's piss but would do the job.

What surprises me more than anything is the level of bad behaviour members of these offshoot QVC related facebook groups are prepared to accept from the group admins or so called group founders. Do they have no self respect ?
I believe some of those founders are often rude, lie, controlling, and generally childish and if someone challenges him/her they pull the oh I`m upset card or block whoever has challenged them. No tsv or QVC related piece of info is worth being treated like sh^t for and out here in the real World those people wouldn`t last 5 minutes before being verbally kicked up the backside so why do people accept such bad behaviour on social media ?
I just don`t get it and the members of those groups are supposed to be adults yet allow themselves to be spoken to as if they were naughty children and continue to go back for more. It beggars belief !

There no way on this earth I'd ever give QVC, or even more so Fibby Flint, the chance to block me from anything (the condescending mare). I'm not on FB or Twitter, but if I was, they certainly wouldn't get the satisfaction, so tough titty Fibby. :mysmilie_14:

Some bin lid on arsebook complaining that advanced orders for the decleor were due to be despatched on December 19 but is already in process. She is thanking them for making her skint. My answer would be, if you can't afford it don't sodding buy it...

Vienna you'd have to be a member of a closed facebook group to comment; fess up which ones have you secretly joined? :mysmilie_19:

Vienna you'd have to be a member of a closed facebook group to comment; fess up which ones have you secretly joined? :mysmilie_19:

None but my ear is close to the ground and people do talk outside of here and other places. The old sayings are true ie news travels fast and never a truer word spoken in jest.
They wouldn`t have me in any closed groups cos I`d be had up for verbal online assault and battery because I suffer fools very badly.

Some bin lid on arsebook complaining that advanced orders for the decleor were due to be despatched on December 19 but is already in process. She is thanking them for making her skint. My answer would be, if you can't afford it don't sodding buy it...

This one causes outrage quite a bit. But the presenters do say items may come into stock earlier. So simple make sure you have the money before you order.

Don't they realise if someone drops out, or someone's credit/debit card doesnt go through then the next person in line gets the goods? You know what, don't answer that. :mysmilie_13:

(Ok something weird is going on, when I try and search for QVC UK on Facebook whilst logged in, it will only take me to the US page no matter what I do. However I can navigate to it no problem when not logged in, does that mean I've been blocked???? I hardly ever post so have no clue why I would have been blocked, bit of a headscratcher????)

Just discovered the region preference had been set to the US for some inexplicable reason, back to the glorious mediocrity of the UK one ��

I KEEP getting QVC US how do you amend it?

Latest posts

Back