So what's the plan for New Year's Eve?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well sorry DJ but you and janie should not have been rummaging in my wardrobe, and that was not , not strato's

crown, its just a little thing i got rustled up for my big birthday this month, its to wear on my big night out.

I keep my decorations and everything up until the 5th or 6th January, as i;m superstitious :)

Mine was exciting........
decorations down and back in the loft, house cleaned top to bottom (well side to side really as its a bungalow)

Our deckers are down and packed away too Yorks - and everything's nice and tidy.

Me neither but tomorrow's another day!
For me NY day is the last day of Christmas so it's back to normality tomorrow.
:mysmilie_8:

Decorations down in Snarly'sDen too.

WHAT!
Decorations down!
There are 12 days of Christmas. What about the Nine Ladies Dancing, the ten Lords-a-Leaping, the Eleven Pipers Piping, the twelve Drummers Drumming? They haven't had a chance to join in yet and you've taken the decs down.

NO! You got to keep them until the 5th, the day before Epiphany.
Meg would be gutted if I took them down too soon. She's perfecting her bauble skills

I always take mine down on NY's day. I always think there's something a bit sad looking about Christmas trees all lit up when Christmas AND new year are over and done with.

Doesn anyone know if kids are back say Thursday, or is it next week. I always thought they went back 3rd or 4th about that time, never remember them going back so late. My nephews will be hoping for monday no doubt, but Uncle Lee worries about so few school days, these days!

The kids round here are going back tomorrow. lots of miserable kids but delighted parents.

Doesn anyone know if kids are back say Thursday, or is it next week. I always thought they went back 3rd or 4th about that time, never remember them going back so late. My nephews will be hoping for monday no doubt, but Uncle Lee worries about so few school days, these days!
Some children here in Northern Ireland are going back Monday tristar, depends on the area you live in i suppose. I think they have the same amount of holidays, just seems more, as we and you get older LOL

Hi. been to the drs ,full of people coughing and spluttering, and I've got a middle and inner ear infection. So antibiotics and some anti dizzy tablets, of which the first side effect listed is dizziness duh,!!! Anyway hopefully they will work.
Thanks for all your get well wishes.

Sazza how are you feeling?

Aw, LE I hope you get better soon.
We picked up something too. I think it was plague germs swirling around via the AC on the plane coming home from India.
Himself coughed to the point of ..... OK, you don't want to know about that detail.

Thanks Minim. Hope you and other half feel better now.
On NYE when i was feeling really rough, your post about the neighbours party had me in stitches and made me quite grateful i wasn't going out.

Aww, (((hugs))) to all who are feeling poorly. Tom Selleck on at 1:30/2:30 on 5/5+1 or DoctorDolittle and Critters - that would cheer Snarly up. Yes, I shall opt for MisterSelleck. And I'm not even sick.

Last edited:
Aww, (((hugs))) to all who are feeling poorly. Tom Selleck on at 1:30/2:30 on 5/5+1 or DoctorDolittle and Critters - that would cheer Snarly up. Yes, I shall opt for MisterSelleck. And I'm not even sick.

Thanks my lovely. I was just laughing at your post in the i pad thread. That cheered me up.

Hi. been to the drs ,full of people coughing and spluttering, and I've got a middle and inner ear infection. So antibiotics and some anti dizzy tablets, of which the first side effect listed is dizziness duh,!!! Anyway hopefully they will work.
Thanks for all your get well wishes.

Sazza how are you feeling?

My doctors was same last week, think that is where I picked up this virus!! Anyway my throat and cough are maybe a little bit better but temp still up and down and headache is just horrible!

Glad you saw doctor, ear infections are rotten, hope antibiotics kick in quickly for you!

My doctors was same last week, think that is where I picked up this virus!! Anyway my throat and cough are maybe a little bit better but temp still up and down and headache is just horrible!

Glad you saw doctor, ear infections are rotten, hope antibiotics kick in quickly for you!

Thanks Sazza. Really hope you start to feel better soon. God i hate the winter with all these bugs.

It sounds like we are all in the wars, even this side of the Irish Sea! I am on day 6 of the flu (I think). I still ache like hell and my head is splitting. I also have a cough which nearly takes the roof off. The doctors over here cost big bucks. €50 just to see her and any medication would be approx €40 - €50, so I can't go. I have been taking lemsip at regular intervals and hoping for the best. LE Lover, I really sympathise with the ear infection. There is nothing worse. Hope you get better soon. x

Aw thanks Itchy, i really wish you better. I'm shocked the drs are that expensive where you are. If it hangs on you will have to get checked out thhough, you don't want that cough going on your chest. Goodness, I've just realised i sound like my mother. Sorry!

Keep warm,drink lots and look after yourself.

Latest posts

Back