So what's the plan for New Year's Eve?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I will be raising my champagne glass at 7pm to everyone in the Uk,then at midnight go outside to watch all the firework displays from Disney.SPECTACULAR.
Lynn:glass::glass::glass::glass:

A quiet one for us for the second year running.

At the risk of sounding like one of the Osbornes Ive had enough lost 3 day new year blasts to last a lifetime (must be getting old, or maybe finally sensible) either way its been a long time coming

All the best to all

We are off out to a party will try to be good as i don't want a hangover tomorrow. Wishing you all a Happy New Year x

pMs Sawyer, I hate fireworks too and the sense of everyone partying and no invite!! ha. Wax earplugs and a couple of zolpidem/zopiclone then set clock for 6am, when everyones sleeing and disinfect the yard. Happy New year to all.

I'm going to a friends party but I wish I was staying in. I don't like new year. Her husband walked out on her and their 3 children out of the blue just before Christmas so I can't see it been very jolly. To top it off I can't have a drink because I'm driving.

Happy New Year to you all whatever you are doing.:glass:

81% ? wow! i suppose a lot of people don't go out because of driving but even so. despite nye having a reputation for a knees-up, it seems not in practice. i can remember lookig for a lively pub one nye n london years ago and they were all very quiet.

Hope Sazza, Tink, Itchy and Capirossi and anyone else who is feeling ill, gets better soon and please don't come to the

party later and spread your germs (LOL) If you do wear masks and gloves, which will be beside the door
. Hope

everyone has a good night, whatever you're doing and hope we all have a wonderful happy healthy new year.

Love Barbs xx

No shenanigans in this house. Just a couple of DVD's and home made chicken curry made in the Cooks Essentials microwave low pressure cooker. Yum.

Wishing all forumites a good night however you choose to spend it. Thank you all for your contributions over the past year. Sometimes this forum is the only thing that keeps me sane......
:mysmilie_504::mysmilie_504:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Thanks Janie and Sazza. I am in bed,phone in hand, flicking between Q and judge Judy. I know how to enjoy myself.

are you feeling any better Sazza?

Am much the same, throat is sore now as well as having a cough but temp seems to be calming down today! You any better?

Hope Sazza, Tink, Itchy and Capirossi and anyone else who is feeling ill, gets better soon and please don't come to the

party later and spread your germs (LOL) If you do wear masks and gloves, which will be beside the door
. Hope

everyone has a good night, whatever you're doing and hope we all have a wonderful happy healthy new year.

Love Barbs xx

I will keep my germs to myself, I will not be generous!! :giggle:

Oh Sazza, you poor thing. at least your temp is going in the right direction.

I'm the same thanks. feel really sick and hot.

Wish you better x

Last edited:
Get well Sazza & LE Lover. So many bugs going round. Happy New Year ladies & gents. Xxxxx

Oh Sazza, you poor thing. at least your temp is going in the right direction.

I'm the same thanks. feel really sick and hot.

Wish you better x
Oh not you also LE lover. Plenty of fluids, and gargle with paracetamol, or anything else that disperses.
It helps kill the germs in the throat. Hope you all feel better soon. The hospital is absolutely full of chest infections, but they are a
lot older than the sickies in the forum LOL

I will be on the toilet or in bed. Had a sickness bug since Friday and i feel rotton and sorry for myself. (aaah)

I wish everyone else who's ill a speedy recovery.

A happy New Year and a lovely evening whatever you get up too. x

Out of the two options I hope you're in bed LEL as it conjours up a better image!! I hope you feel better soon Happy New Year x

Out of the two options I hope you're in bed LEL as it conjours up a better image!! I hope you feel better soon Happy New Year x

LOL. Thanks,I am in bed with a bucket beside me Been in bed all day.. Happy new year to you too. x

I hope the bucket is beige and goes with the rest of the room, to create a peaceful restful place to be, even when sick LOL

I shall be popping along to my neighbour's house (next door but one) shortly. We go every year and it's a real education.

His mother will be there. She and the sherry bottle she will be clutching will pin me in a corner for the first 20 minutes and tell me (again) how concerned she is for her son since his partner left him. She will then proceed to spit venom and comment on every female in the room. She will nag me to "Have a drink" and make out that I am a very strange person because I do not drink.

His sister will be there. She's rather rotund and a great laugh ... for the first part of the evening, then unfortunately as the night goes on she does an impression of Ursula (The Little Mermaid). She'll make a few comments about skinny people, young people today, benefits, scroungers and move on from there. It could go anywhere! Hopefully everyone will ignore her which they do most years until, that is she falls over doing the conga.

His brother & his wife will be there. They are really good company and make the evening good fun.

His mates will be there. They will chat about last year's drunken escapades while slowly exercising their right arms. They will probably move on to the Labour Party (where they are going wrong), The Welsh Rugby Side (where they are going wrong) and end the evening with Welsh Rugby songs followed by Welsh hymns and there won't be a dry eye in drunk's corner.

His 20 year old son will be there with a gaggle of his mates. They will be the most entertaining until just before midnight when the bacardis, gins, whiskeys and largers will finish fermenting and come back to haunt them.

Other neighbours will be there. They will amaze me by telling me what has been going on in our little lane, right under my nose without me knowing. I find it strange they go out to work while I'm home all day and blissfully unaware.

My immediate next door neighbour will tell me how many times Meg sauntered in via any open window and how many tins of tuna she was compelled to open for Meg.

Himself will wander around with his paper plate and plastic fork sampling the curry and chilli con carne and then later wonder why he's got dreadful indigestion at 2 in the morning.

Before we leave, I will search out his mother and chat to her, while at the same time I will ensure that my exaggerated tic will come out to play. I will blink and make strange faces at her ensuring that she will have a good a conversation piece to discuss after my departure. People will look at her with the utmost sympathy.

I wouldn't miss it for the World!

Latest posts

Back