So what's the plan for New Year's Eve?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I've been in night duty over the festive season,so body clock is shot.

I'm off today and it is our wedding anniversary .

DD is away in Donegal , so it's a bit of shopping ,a lunch date and maybe a trip to the cinema to see The Hobbit, dependant on my tiredness factor after lunch. Then it'll be home for some champers ( what else) and probably an early night, I'm back on night shift tomorrow night again

I will be on the toilet or in bed. Had a sickness bug since Friday and i feel rotton and sorry for myself. (aaah)

I wish everyone else who's ill a speedy recovery.

A happy New Year and a lovely evening whatever you get up too. x

I am another one who dislikes this time of year.
My husband left me on New Years Eve, my divorce finally came through on 30th December 2 years later and 4 years after that my beloved Grandmother died on the 1st.
To top it all my birthday is on the 1st January and all I can ever remember as a child was being told to go back to bed it is to early for presents. I now know that my parents probably had raging hangovers and wanted me out of the way.
So on top of losing Ruby last week it is going to be a VERY VERY quiet new year here to night.
I am looking to 2013 to be better for us all and that this wonderful place may long continue to keep us informed ,entertained and most of all supported through what ever life throws at us.
Thank you for being here over the past 12 months.

The grim reaper didn't have cold sores and a spotty chin anyway Tinks so that wouldn't do lol. Oh you do sound in a bad way, snuggle up in the warm and get better soon x

Are you sure that wasn't the Grim Reaper?!? Thank the stars I'm feeling a bit better today. Not better enough to be off out partying or even to hit the DHS but better.

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year. May 2013 be kind to us all.

Wouldn`t it be lovely if one weekend during the summer ( if we get a summer ! ) to all meet up somewhere central for a weekend ? We could book into a hotel for the night and shop til we dropped, have dinner together and an evening in the bar and all travel home the day after. I`ve done this before with a group of people I met in an online forum and for 5 years now we all meet up once a year, about 10 of us and we`ve also met up for big celebrations such as 60th birthdays and my wedding. In fact one of us turns 60 early next year so we`re meeting up in London because she lives in Essex. I actually met my husband 4 years ago through a forum for widows and widowers which has sadly now disbanded but it was a good way of getting to know people who were in the same boat as me and I`ve made some lovely friends.

Wouldn`t it be lovely if one weekend during the summer ( if we get a summer ! ) to all meet up somewhere central for a weekend ? We could book into a hotel for the night and shop til we dropped, have dinner together and an evening in the bar and all travel home the day after. I`ve done this before with a group of people I met in an online forum and for 5 years now we all meet up once a year, about 10 of us and we`ve also met up for big celebrations such as 60th birthdays and my wedding. In fact one of us turns 60 early next year so we`re meeting up in London because she lives in Essex. I actually met my husband 4 years ago through a forum for widows and widowers which has sadly now disbanded but it was a good way of getting to know people who were in the same boat as me and I`ve made some lovely friends.
That's sounds like a lovely idea Vienna!

DD is away in Donegal , so it's a bit of shopping ,a lunch date and maybe a trip to the cinema to see The Hobbit, dependant on my tiredness factor after lunch. Then it'll be home for some champers ( what else) and probably an early night, I'm back on night shift tomorrow night again

Congratulations, and enjoy your day Jabba.

I've got back to my OH's home during a short break in the floods when the trains actually ran. The guard said that the water was rising again and the line was being closed around Exeter 1/2 hour after our train got through. And the trains from Swindon have stopped running again too.

Still haven't got to my own home to check it's all OK. I was going to go there and back by bus today but far too much rain to walk to the bus stops.

Anyway, we don't often stay up to midnight, then get annoyed if we are asleep and get woken up by loud bangs at 2400.

New Year's Day, I hafta watch TheNewYear Programme from Vienna - you can take the girl out of Austria but ...

LEL - poor you, hope you feel better soon!

i think more people dislike rather than like new year, myself included. always has a sort of maudlin feel to it somehow. i always feel brighter and more ready to take on the world on the 1st.

anway, would like to wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378:

Congratulations, enjoy your day!!! x

I will be on the toilet or in bed. Had a sickness bug since Friday and i feel rotton and sorry for myself. (aaah)

I wish everyone else who's ill a speedy recovery.

A happy New Year and a lovely evening whatever you get up too. x

Awww sorry you are poorly too! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks FP. I have my phone next to me so i cam stay in touch on here .

Thank goodness for laptops, phones and wifi eh?

I am another one who dislikes this time of year.
My husband left me on New Years Eve, my divorce finally came through on 30th December 2 years later and 4 years after that my beloved Grandmother died on the 1st.
To top it all my birthday is on the 1st January and all I can ever remember as a child was being told to go back to bed it is to early for presents. I now know that my parents probably had raging hangovers and wanted me out of the way.
So on top of losing Ruby last week it is going to be a VERY VERY quiet new year here to night.
I am looking to 2013 to be better for us all and that this wonderful place may long continue to keep us informed ,entertained and most of all supported through what ever life throws at us.
Thank you for being here over the past 12 months.

*hugs*

I'll be having a quiet night in and as I'm a boring tee total it'll be a cup of coffee for me.

I hope I'm not tempting fate but, so far, I've fortunately avoided all the dreaded lurgies that have been sweeping the country. As a teacher I'm surrounded by bugs etc for most of my working life :eek:, so I'm hoping that 2013 blesses me with the same immunity. My thoughts and good wishes for better health are sent to all of you who are feeling under par at the moment.

A Happy New Year and Good Health to you all

I'll be having a quiet night in and as I'm a boring tee total it'll be a cup of coffee for me.

I hope I'm not tempting fate but, so far, I've fortunately avoided all the dreaded lurgies that have been sweeping the country. As a teacher I'm surrounded by bugs etc for most of my working life :eek:, so I'm hoping that 2013 blesses me with the same immunity. My thoughts and good wishes for better health are sent to all of you who are feeling under par at the moment.

A Happy New Year and Good Health to you all

nothing boring about being teetotal - we'll have the coffee on as well as the werthers vodka - if i can crack the code for the lock barbs has on the freezer.........

Thanks Janie and Sazza. I am in bed,phone in hand, flicking between Q and judge Judy. I know how to enjoy myself.

are you feeling any better Sazza?

nothing boring about being teetotal - we'll have the coffee on as well as the werthers vodka - if i can crack the code for the lock barbs has on the freezer.........

I'll be on the tea. And if I'm really feeling reckless I may go all out and have a full fat coke :eek:

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm in Tenerife and have spent the new year's eve budget on entrances to the wildlife park tomorrow so just planning to walk around and listen to the revellers. We have to be at the pick up point at 0730 tomorrow.

Toril, am teetotal too, no coffee or tea either. If I am awake, I'll be here =^.^= ILoveShopping, what a fabulous way to spend the day, CritterWatching! (((hugs))) to all feeling poorly, whether in health or in spirit :heart:

Latest posts

Back