Snippet about lulu g

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Interesting little snippet in today's paper.

Lulu G believes it to be rather 'cool' to sell on QVC and cant believe how people are quite snobbish about it - she reckons she sells more products in ONE hour on QVC than the whole of the year in her shop !!!! Bit of an eye opener, though not surprising

Same with Butler & Wilson I suppose, he gets to a mass market all over the UK, instead of relying on income from his 2 shops in London.

There`s nothing exclusive about LG bags anymore , except for the price. Thousands of the same bags mass produced for Q, made abroad, probably for next to nothing and a huge cut of the profits for Q and for LG too. Instead of having the lips logo on her products she should have MUG in large letters on them for people to carry around. Years ago you might have been getting something special but not now.

I agree. For some products like Bobbi Brown, Baressentials ? and L'Occitane QVC is good. However, for status items like handbags and jewellery, QVC is the kiss of death. I used to have some Lulu Guinness bags, but now she is on QVC flogging them to the grannies up north I'm not interested - same goes with Lola Rose, which was only sold in high end boutiques and department stores.

I like buying from niche/unusual/small designers and hate it when a brand I have liked and collected suddenly becomes ubiquitous and known by people who aren't really into fashion.

I agree. For some products like Bobbi Brown, Baressentials ? and L'Occitane QVC is good. However, for status items like handbags and jewellery, QVC is the kiss of death. I used to have some Lulu Guinness bags, but now she is on QVC flogging them to the grannies up north I'm not interested - same goes with Lola Rose, which was only sold in high end boutiques and department stores.

I like buying from niche/unusual/small designers and hate it when a brand I have liked and collected suddenly becomes ubiquitous and known by people who aren't really into fashion.

Lol Rose I could be offended at that cos I`m a granny ( twice over ) and from up north but believe it or not, some grannies actually do know their stuff. I know what you actually meant though and yes many a niche seller ruins their reputation by suddenly selling to the world and it`s wife, or granny as the case may be : )

I've just bought my first Lulu Guiness bag and purse, I knew once I bought it that would be the kiss of death for their street credibility. I am soooooo not cool. :rock:

Last edited:
I never buy a single thing for it's street cred, it's high-end status or whether it is fashionable. I am not a teenager! I buy what I like, what I will use,what suits me, what fits me and what I can afford. I couldn't give a monkeys what the glossy mags or so- called designers and stylists tell me what I should be wearing or carrying. I have a mix of high-end, high street, QVC, Amazon etc. In fact the words "on trend" are likely to put me off straight away. I read stylist magazine yesterday and apart from being very bored it said a purply- black lipstick shade was on-trend. No thanks- the models looked like they were in a morgue.

Having said that- Lulu Guiness bags may not be to my taste but the quality snd individuality is great IMO. Good on her for selling to everyone without turning her nose up at her customers like some snotty little cow.

OOOOps! Grannies 'up North'.As a non granny but a true Northern lass we do have taste up here! I wouldn't have a LG bag as they are not classy classics IMO but each to his/her own.Lulu is laughing all the way to the bank whether she sells to us unfashionable tasteless Northerners or the Southern fashionistas!

At the end of the day it's all about generating sales and making money and I'm Lulu is just as grateful to flog her stuff to the great unwashed QVC veiwer than to the beautiful people of knightsbridge.

If I like a bag and it suits my needs I'll buy it. (50 year old Northerner been living darn Sarf for 17 years)

Jude xx

I've just bought my first Lulu Guiness bag and purse, I knew once I bought it that would be the kiss of death for their street credibility. I am soooooo not cool. :rock:

I'm nearly 55 and my purse is Hello Kitty! :mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378: I'm not a granny yet though!

How condescending and snobbish

I buy the things that call to me (and that I can afford)... simples.

This week I've been on a break and bought a Lulu Guinness bag - with the book shop front - and I love it :clapping:. It put a smile on my face as soon as I held it. It's the quirky design that appealed to me. It could just as easily have come from Paperchase (like my spotty pencil case which I use for make up), Asda (like my bright red watch) or House of Fraser (like my soldier shaped egg cup).

Anyone that buys purely for the label is, in my opinion, a snob.

Lulu Guinness has made a business decision to use QVC to reach a larger audience of potential buyers... why does that suddenly make her designs any less 'worthy'?

I'd love a Lulu or a Mulberry bag but can't really afford one right now, went a bit mad last week on beauty day!!
As long as I get the best price, I don't realy care where I buy from.

Kathy Van Zealand handbags used to feature quite a lot on QVC. I was tempted a few times but never made a purchase, so glad now as TK Maxx have hundreds of them at a fraction for what they used to sell on QVC.
I'd love it if TK Maxx sold old lines of LG cheap but I think all her old stuff goes to her Bicester Outlet shop.

oh and to anyone thats not happy that QVC sell LG, Well look away now because only a few weeks ago she designed a bag that was sold in ...........SAINSBURYS!!!!! :giggle:

Last edited:
Goddess - there is a flash sale on TK Maxx website at the moment with Lulu Guinness bags... you need to log in to see them.

I went to the Bicester outlet shop last week and was really unimpressed - it's like a shack as they are waiting to move into a permanent shop and the staff gave the appearance of being bored and above actually taking an interest... I was really disappointed.

aww goddess you must have missed my thread a few days ago. TK Maxx website had a lulu guinness flash sale a few days ago. So register on their website and no doubt they will email you with their next one.

I'd love a Lulu or a Mulberry bag but can't really afford one right now, went a bit mad last week on beauty day!!
As long as I get the best price, I don't realy care where I buy from.

Kathy Van Zealand handbags used to feature quite a lot on QVC. I was tempted a few times but never made a purchase, so glad now as TK Maxx have hundreds of them at a fraction for what they used to sell on QVC.
I'd love it if TK Maxx sold old lines of LG cheap but I think all her old stuff goes to her Bicester Outlet shop.
There's a Lulu Guinness flash sale on the TK Maxx website now which ends on Tuesday. There's not a massive selection and quite a few items have sold out but it's worth a look. The sales on LG's own website are good, there are reductions of up to 70% if you wait long enough, though you risk missing out if it's one specific item you want.

I bought a lulu Guiness bag recently and posed in front of the mirror with it. It was beautifully made but it was so heavy that I sent it back. Mind up I always check the weight of footwear and will not purchase if too heavy.

Goddess - there is a flash sale on TK Maxx website at the moment with Lulu Guinness bags... you need to log in to see them.

I went to the Bicester outlet shop last week and was really unimpressed - it's like a shack as they are waiting to move into a permanent shop and the staff gave the appearance of being bored and above actually taking an interest... I was really disappointed.

Thank you guys!

I got the same impression when I went to Bicester and I found the staff in the shops cold and rude, the only exceptions being Ralph Lauren where I picked up a couple of Polo shirts for my hubby and L'occitaine where I bought some solid perfume.
Think i'll stick to Braintree Outlet.

I buy the things that call to me (and that I can afford)... simples.

This week I've been on a break and bought a Lulu Guinness bag - with the book shop front - and I love it :clapping:. It put a smile on my face as soon as I held it. It's the quirky design that appealed to me. It could just as easily have come from Paperchase (like my spotty pencil case which I use for make up), Asda (like my bright red watch) or House of Fraser (like my soldier shaped egg cup).

Anyone that buys purely for the label is, in my opinion, a snob.

Lulu Guinness has made a business decision to use QVC to reach a larger audience of potential buyers... why does that suddenly make her designs any less 'worthy'?
:handshake: I do the same, I buy what I like, I wear my Yong Kim with leggings from Matalan :happy: They are both comfortable ! I will not buy Yong Kim leggings at the price it is, because I don't think they are worth the price when you can get the same comfort from another cheaper brand. Being from North, I would not want to spend my money on things , just because they have a name, I will only buy them if I like them, and if I think they are comfortable .
I liked the Lulu bag with the quilted lips in nappa leather and I bought it, and I am very pleased with it.....it is worth the money. It is well made and light, compared with some other bags. Yong Kim is not an internationally well known designer ( I don't think, but I could be wrong :thinking: ) but I find that she does not skim on the materials of her dresses and tunics and the fabric she uses is very soft and some of her style to my liking, so I have a few of her pieces.
I buy things that I like and find comfortable and most of the time, worth the money.

Latest posts

Back