Lulu G promo clip

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The QVC ones are probably of a lower grade, made by some poor Chinese kids. I think people should buy what they like. If you see her bag and you think it will please you to buy it, why not? I recently bought a so-called "man-bag" from PICARD for €170 because it is very stylish, sophisticated and understated, perfectly for holding my notebook, pen, bottle of water, personal DAB radio, toothbrush and paste etc. I like it so much I am going to buy another one in black, to match my black leather jacket (which I probably won't wear at all until autumn).

This is the one I have already:

http://www.bazarapart.be/picard-5337-buddy-coffee.html

Might get this one on special:

https://www.zalando.co.uk/picard-though-across-body-bag-black-pi352h00k-q11.html

Until I checked the link, I thought blimey its a suitcase he needs not a man-bag ! with all the stuff you need.

Anyway the link gave me a chuckle with the exotic/erotic description............................
with leather tongue and push fastening. Oiled buffalo leather.
my first thoughts were 'oooooooer missus'

I have a couple of Lulu's UK bags and I also have some of the ones sold in JC Penney in the USA for a fraction of the price - a friend sent them over for me. The UK bags are top quality leather, the "Lulu" ones are plastic and definitely look and feel a bit cheap. I would rather pay (in the sale) for a "real" Lulu Guinness bag. I like her, I like her poshness and she is a bit of a laugh when she's on the box. I don't mind her being rich when I'm not - such is life.

CC

Until I checked the link, I thought blimey its a suitcase he needs not a man-bag ! with all the stuff you need.

Anyway the link gave me a chuckle with the exotic/erotic description............................
with leather tongue and push fastening. Oiled buffalo leather.
my first thoughts were 'oooooooer missus'

Lol! I don't know if that's what drew me to it!!!! I just thought it was a stylish bag that I could take to any function I'm dispatched to. I thought it was simple and elegant. They've got the black one on special. I'm tempted to order it, but what with getting a new bike + my "holiday" coming up + final chunk of college fees to pay, I'm a bit broke :( Might scrape together enough to get the bag though.

I watch LG programmes for a laugh. I'd never pay those prices and now I know they're made in China, well, that says it all about "exclusivity". One thing you don't get with Lulu Guinness bags, it now seems, is "my philosophy" or "meeee" since they're all from China.

Oh Julius I for one love your forthright and unique comments! At the end of the day this is a FORUM where people are allowed to air their views. Keep em coming!!!!

Go and get a 10p "bag for life" from Sainsburys. It'll probably be more stylish and better quality than LG.

Nah ! who in their right mind wants a 'bag for life' ?? with all the choice out there are you kidding ????

Nah ! who in their right mind wants a 'bag for life' ?? with all the choice out there are you kidding ????

I like the bags for life! The Sainsburys one currently features a squirrel. The Asda one has a hedgehog and a rabbit.

So, if 'bags for life' are so great, why the need for the man-bag in your link?

Good though they are for carrying things, they are not such a good look for high level functions. I recently had to go to the Lithuanian embassy for something I was working on. I don't think a bag for life would have cut the mustard!

Good though they are for carrying things, they are not such a good look for high level functions. I recently had to go to the Lithuanian embassy for something I was working on. I don't think a bag for life would have cut the mustard!

well don't assume that you are the only one who needs to go to 'high level functions'.

Other people here also like to choose items according to their lifestyles... and LG bags (and Kipling for that matter) suit some of my needs.

well don't assume that you are the only one who needs to go to 'high level functions'.

Other people here also like to choose items according to their lifestyles... and LG bags (and Kipling for that matter) suit some of my needs.

I know, Tiddly. That's why I stated in one of my earlier posts that if people like the LG bags, they may as well buy them. If someone decides that the overpriced LG bags are worth parting with cash for, it's up to them. Personally I like my Picard bags!

I looked at LG bags when they used to be in THOF ...hubby and I at an age now where if I desperately wanted a LG bag I could buy one ...but for me personally they are too heavy for one thing ..and just don't float my boat and for that I am truly thankful lol ...as although I could dip into my bank for one o wouldn't want o make a habit of it ...:mysmilie_848:

To each their own and as long as the person buying the bag, any bag not just LG ones, enjoys them and can afford them, then so be it.
I`d spend £350 upwards on a bag if I really wanted to and had the money at that time but no, I wouldn`t spend it on an LG bag but that`s my own personal choice. I`d buy a Tustings tote or a Jane Hopkinson bag, both brands similar price points to LG but other people might hate them. One style/brand doesn`t fit all, never has done,never will do.

I regularly buy bags (LG included) of all prices, I need to look stylish and "well turned out" for work and I do love my bags, i make no apologies for buying them either. I wouldn't say I have money to burn as some people might think, but for me they are a practical purchase. I do get asked quite a lot about where I have got some of my bags from, especially the more "quirky" ones.

I know that not everyone is able to buy to them and others might not like the designs, but as someone has said previously, if we all liked and had the same things the world would be a very boring place.

No one should be judged for the things they buy or the things they don't.

Latest posts

Back