Smashbox TSV - Wed 11th November

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Anso,

Can you let em know what you think of the quality of the eyeshadows in the Mega Palette? I know quite a few people on MUA have said that they're quite chalky and not as good as those in last years palette. I happen to really like last years one, just wondered if these were as nice, so many lovely colours!!

And now that the LG TSV looks crap, I might have to go for one of these instead...

Tx

Last year there was endless whining over the Rapture collection eye shadows,boo hoo they're too sheer. On SB's website they did say they were meant to be sheer and for more drama use damp brush. Guess what? If the instructions were followed they worked.
I have been just given the wish for the perfect palette and am very pleased with the colour selection.
:dbt:

Hi Anso,

Can you let em know what you think of the quality of the eyeshadows in the Mega Palette? I know quite a few people on MUA have said that they're quite chalky and not as good as those in last years palette. I happen to really like last years one, just wondered if these were as nice, so many lovely colours!!

And now that the LG TSV looks crap, I might have to go for one of these instead...

Tx

Can't tell you about the big pallett, but I didn't bother with the smaller one when QVC had it the other week after reading the reveiws on Sephora. Quite a few complained about poor colour payoff.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P247360&categoryId=C10905#ratingsReviewsTab

I'm afraid I can't as I have not tried them yet. (I've recently gone through eye surgery and I'm on lots of eye drops/medication at the moment so I'm not allowed to use makeup yet) So I'm very sorry that I can't help with how they feel on the eyes. :( I can only sit and admire mine at the moment and all I can say is that it's VERY pretty colours :)

Hopefully someone else will come along, who's bought it, who can help you with that... :)

Very sorry again that I could not help.

Gosh, don't be silly!!! I'm so sorry you've had to have eye surgery and hope you're well on the mend already = ) And think of all the fun you'll have once you can wear makeup again!! Get well soon!!

Tx

Can't tell you about the big pallett, but I didn't bother with the smaller one when QVC had it the other week after reading the reveiws on Sephora. Quite a few complained about poor colour payoff.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P247360&categoryId=C10905#ratingsReviewsTab

Yeah, i don't mind if they're sheer to be honest as long as they're not chalky. As i say, lots of people complained about the quality of last years not being up to the usual SB standard (the usual excuse about products being made in China) but I love mine and I'm very happy with the quality so if this years is as good as last years then I'm happy!

Tx

Gosh, don't be silly!!! I'm so sorry you've had to have eye surgery and hope you're well on the mend already = ) And think of all the fun you'll have once you can wear makeup again!! Get well soon!!

Tx

Thanks! Still not sure how it will go. It's been an ongoing battle for a year now. My eyelid sticks to and rips of the eye surface (cornea) when I sleep (and yes it's even more painful than it sounds!!).

I keep looking at my pretty new eye shadows and I really can't wait until I'm allowed to wear them again :)

Thanks! Still not sure how it will go. It's been an ongoing battle for a year now. My eyelid sticks to and rips of the eye surface (cornea) when I sleep (and yes it's even more painful than it sounds!!).

I keep looking at my pretty new eye shadows and I really can't wait until I'm allowed to wear them again :)

OOOOOOOOWWWWW!!! That DOES sound painful!! Well keep eyeing up your palette, that'll help get you through hopefully! = )

Tx

Just posted the following post in the JBD forum section. But since I know the big palette was discussed earlier in this thread, I thought I'd put it here too in case someone's intrested...

I'm soooo happy as I managed to get the mega palette "Wish For The Perfect Palette" from Smashbox/Debenhams yesterday for £45. Yay!!

I'm attaching a few photos for those who are interested. Apologies for the bad photo quality, because of the shine of the box it was really hard to take photos without glare/refections. The photos really does not do it justice at all. It's the most AMAZING colours, a lot of them with very pretty shimmery effects :)

DSCF3970Custom.jpg

DSCF3971Custom.jpg

DSCF3974Custom.jpg

DSCF3977Custom.jpg

Anso - it looks lovely - I am so sorry that as yet we still can't confirm whether we are getting them. I met our Smashbox man last week and there is a supply issue. They know how disappointed we are - and I have to say are making it up to us with the lovely new collection which will be here late Dec/Early new year.

If you can get to Debenhams then please do. You know if we get them that you will all be the first to know.

Anso - it looks lovely - I am so sorry that as yet we still can't confirm whether we are getting them. I met our Smashbox man last week and there is a supply issue. They know how disappointed we are - and I have to say are making it up to us with the lovely new collection which will be here late Dec/Early new year.

If you can get to Debenhams then please do. You know if we get them that you will all be the first to know.

Aw Jayne, that's such a shame that they're monkeying you around like that! But I'm already interested in the new collections...god help my wallet!!

Tx

No luck at Debenhams last night, they're sold out = ( She did say they MIGHT be getting some in. To be honest I'm not going to chase this one like I did last years. I really want it but I can wait to see if Jayne gets it (would rather buy from her anyway) and considering last years one is still floating about on various websites I can always pick it up at a later stage. I'm almost proud of me LOL!

Tx

Last year there was endless whining over the Rapture collection eye shadows,boo hoo they're too sheer. On SB's website they did say they were meant to be sheer and for more drama use damp brush. Guess what? If the instructions were followed they worked.
I have been just given the wish for the perfect palette and am very pleased with the colour selection.

Thanks for the info! I only just saw your post, we must have been posting at the same time last week so i missed it.

Thanks for the info! I only just saw your post, we must have been posting at the same time last week so i missed it.

I have used the blue eyeshadow from the rapture collection a huge amount but always with a damp brush and it looks really metallic and very cool. Used dry it's a very subtle colour but I really love colour on my peepers.

I might start a thread in the drop, I'm nosy now about what people wear on their eyes.

I have used the blue eyeshadow from the rapture collection a huge amount but always with a damp brush and it looks really metallic and very cool. Used dry it's a very subtle colour but I really love colour on my peepers.

I might start a thread in the drop, I'm nosy now about what people wear on their eyes.

I've never used them wet actually, do you use just one corner of the shadow? I'm worried about ruining the texture of the whole shadow if I wet it.

Tx

I don't use anything more than a damp brush and it has never been a problem, they look fine and behave fine :)
I do have loose eyeshadow powders from BE used a damp brush but too the powder from the lid rather than dipping into the powder pot.

Smashbox had a product to convert shadow into eyeliner and it would spoil the product so it was meant to be used on just a corner.

I did post in the drop asking what people wear on their eyes so please tell :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back