Smashbox TSV 15/05

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blimmin heck, how many cosmetic/make-up/fragrance companies do Estee Lauder own now, seems like every second one is owned by them! & quite surprised they didn't get their mitts on Liz Earle as well....

I really hope they don't destroy smashbox but I think Mac and SB are very very similar - the products even seem to have the same smell and texture - so doesn't bode well :sad:

Estee Lauder wrecked poor old Stila as a brand and then sold them on. Also Prescriptives which they started as a brand.

But to be honest Estee Lauder is the lesser evil of the three brands, at least they don't animal test and won't move full production to China like the others would no doubt do.

Below part of the press statement from Lauder and the Factors.

The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE: EL) announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics, Inc., a privately held, photo studio-inspired prestige cosmetics company based in Los Angeles, California. The acquisition is expected to close in July 2010, subject to certain conditions, including regulatory approval. While terms of the deal were not disclosed, the Company said that the transaction is expected to be accretive to earnings in fiscal year 2011, before transaction and integration costs.

“The Estée Lauder Companies is the ideal home for Smashbox,” said Dean Factor, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Smashbox Beauty Cosmetics, Inc. “The Company possesses the scale and vision to help transition Smashbox into its next phase of growth, and its track record of nurturing and growing prestige brands is second to none. Moreover, we share a similar cultural heritage and dedication to consumer-inspired innovation and creativity. We expect to benefit greatly from The Estée Lauder Companies’ extensive knowledge in product development, operational execution, and international marketing and distribution, and we look forward to the next great period of growth for the brand.”

The Estée Lauder Companies will collaborate with the Smashbox organization to develop a comprehensive integration plan to transition Smashbox into The Estee Lauder Companies’ family after closing. Dean Factor, co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, Davis Factor, co-founder, Chief Creative Office and celebrity photographer, and Budd Taylor, President, will each play key roles with respect to these activities and the continued success of Smashbox. Smashbox will continue operating out of its Los Angeles, California office.

Last edited:
It's arrived. Wow, how quick was that?!

Going to have a good look at it now.

Edit: Had a look. Well packaged, perfect sized box so top marks to Smashbox. Everything in pristine condition.
Looking forward to have a play later.

PS The box is labelled "Get Sexy Tools for Seduction"! Luckily, it says QVC otherwise my delivery man might wonder what the hell I've ordered!!

Last edited:
Mines come toooooo!!!

Had to be when I was out but hubby was in! Been rumbled LOL tho he can't moan as he's just had a weekend away with boys and bikes!!

Roll on 2pm when I finish work and can go home for a play!!

Mine arrived too....lovely pristine condition. Watch this space, I need a proper play. hame you can see the demo vid on line any more :(

Mine arrived too....lovely pristine condition. Watch this space, I need a proper play. hame you can see the demo vid on line any more :(

Ok - had a little play - love the lip glosses, cheek blush and the highlighter - which is a bit more darker than I expected, will have to watch that on my fair skin.

Only thing I'm stuck on is the jet set eyeliner - for the life of me I can't get the top of!!

Ok - had a little play - love the lip glosses, cheek blush and the highlighter - which is a bit more darker than I expected, will have to watch that on my fair skin.

Only thing I'm stuck on is the jet set eyeliner - for the life of me I can't get the top of!!

OK - with a sharp knife and determination I got it off - phew!

Now...I've tried it and surprise surprise I'm having problems. I'm not sure whether it's because my eyes are wet, or the brush isn't loaded enough, or if it is, it goes really messy! Where am going wrong?!

mines arrived :clapping:

did struggle a bit with the lid on the jetset so must be a weakling too!

only tried on my hand as still wearing a full face of make-up so will wait till tomorrow now to have a proper play.

very impressed though especially with the sizes, the illuminating powder is HUGE!

very small criticism, I would have preferred the jetset to be more purpley, it looks quite brown on the back of my hand and I've tons of brown eyeliners really wanted a more vibrant one - but it may show up more once I put it on the actual eye area?? :cheeky:

The gel eyeliner looks a lot more brown than purple to me too.

Is the highlighter better applied with a brush or fingers?

The gel eyeliner looks a lot more brown than purple to me too.

Is the highlighter better applied with a brush or fingers?

glad it's not just me that thinks that Beketaten, I do like it though so might try and order the teal one next which someone else on here said was very vibrant.

it says on the leaflet with the TSV to apply highlighter with your fingers but I'll be using a brush, don't really like dipping my fingers in make-up but that's just me!

also has anyone done the 'waterproof' test on the back of their hands like Nina was doing on the demos? I tried it and both the eyeliners came off quite easily just licking my finger and rubbing, so lord knows how she got it to stay on with all that water she was squirting on it :thinking:

glad it's not just me that thinks that Beketaten, I do like it though so might try and order the teal one next which someone else on here said was very vibrant.

it says on the leaflet with the TSV to apply highlighter with your fingers but I'll be using a brush, don't really like dipping my fingers in make-up but that's just me!

also has anyone done the 'waterproof' test on the back of their hands like Nina was doing on the demos? I tried it and both the eyeliners came off quite easily just licking my finger and rubbing, so lord knows how she got it to stay on with all that water she was squirting on it :thinking:

Not tried squirting it with water, but applied the eyeliner pencil, left it to set for 30 seconds and then tried to rub it off my hand it it was not budging! V impressed with the whole kit.

Not tried squirting it with water, but applied the eyeliner pencil, left it to set for 30 seconds and then tried to rub it off my hand it it was not budging! V impressed with the whole kit.

blimey, mine came off right away??? I must have got supercharged spit or something....:giggle:

but as long as it doesn't migrate once applied to the eye area then I'll be happy! I sound like I'm nit picking here but I do really like the kit, well worth the money and most definitely a keeper.

blimey, mine came off right away??? I must have got supercharged spit or something....:giggle:

but as long as it doesn't migrate once applied to the eye area then I'll be happy! I sound like I'm nit picking here but I do really like the kit, well worth the money and most definitely a keeper.

Maybe you do but I'd rather blame the enzymes.:muscle:

Am surprised at how dry the jetset eyeliner is, should it be that dry? When I swirled the brush in it it kinda of broke up in little pieces and didn't apply as smoothly as it looks on TV? Is this meant to be very wet?

What leaflet???? I dont have one. !!!!!

PS The box is labelled "Get Sexy Tools for Seduction"! Luckily, it says QVC otherwise my delivery man might wonder what the hell I've ordered!!

Mine was delivered to work. Thank goodness no-one on reception noticed otherwise I know what they'd be saying!!

What leaflet???? I dont have one. !!!!![/QUOTE]

I got a booklet with mine showing you how to create the 4 different looks, sexy, natural, vixen and something else (am at work and don't have it with me)

to be honest unless you really want to exactly re-create a specific look, or you're a total make-up novice it's not that much use - apart from the natural the other looks are very heavy on the eye make-up, even for a night out I think they'd be too much for me.....

I've got my Smashbox stuff on today but for work I've just used the paler colours from the eyeshadow, the jetset liner, the cheek colour and the nudey coloured lipstick, anything more dramatic I'll save for nights out.

I like everything so far, but still wish the jetset was more bright and purpley, it definitely looks brown on me!!

I find the best way to apply jet set is NOT how Nina does it ie swirling the brush all round in the pot and totally loading up the brush. I find gently swiping the brush back and forward in the product gets enough on the brush without causing the hairs to splay (which I think also makes the product break up as it is quite dense and dry compared to their other liners). Then you can work in little sections and go back for more if you need to. I only use it as a regular liner but I find using it this way gives me a nice clean line and it definitely lasts all day.

Hope that helps!

Tx

Latest posts

Back