Smashbox TSV 15/05

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find the best way to apply jet set is NOT how Nina does it ie swirling the brush all round in the pot and totally loading up the brush. I find gently swiping the brush back and forward in the product gets enough on the brush without causing the hairs to splay (which I think also makes the product break up as it is quite dense and dry compared to their other liners). Then you can work in little sections and go back for more if you need to. I only use it as a regular liner but I find using it this way gives me a nice clean line and it definitely lasts all day.

Hope that helps!

Tx

Thank you, am just surprised as it is more of dry paste than a gel? Will try what you suggest and see how I get on.

Thank you, am just surprised as it is more of dry paste than a gel? Will try what you suggest and see how I get on.

Hiya,

Yes, I was expecting a gel when I got my first Jet Set but I actually find the dryer consistency makes it easier to work with (it doesn't go everywhere!) and it lasts longer on. I have a Bobbi Brown gel liner and i have to sit with my eyes closed for about five minutes to let it completely dry, otherwise it ends up all over my lids! And it doesn't last as long either so I don't mind the Jet Set being a little different.

I find the best way to apply jet set is NOT how Nina does it ie swirling the brush all round in the pot and totally loading up the brush. I find gently swiping the brush back and forward in the product gets enough on the brush without causing the hairs to splay (which I think also makes the product break up as it is quite dense and dry compared to their other liners). Then you can work in little sections and go back for more if you need to. I only use it as a regular liner but I find using it this way gives me a nice clean line and it definitely lasts all day.

Hope that helps!

Tx

that's how I put mine on RedT, & I really like it apart from wishing it was more purple! Think I'll try and get my mitts on the teal one, though a bit reluctant to pay QVC price.

that's how I put mine on RedT, & I really like it apart from wishing it was more purple! Think I'll try and get my mitts on the teal one, though a bit reluctant to pay QVC price.

I got one from eBay for less than £20 incl P&P from the US. I know Jayne will have it from June 1st too and it's only about £14 on her website. Don't need another brush right?! The QVC price put me right off...

In other news, my TSV just arrived at work. I can't tell you the looks I got from the post guy with 'Get Sexy - Tools of Seduction' written in big black letters across the back of the box!!! This is how one gets a reputation LOL!!! :blush: :wink:

Tx

I got one from eBay for less than £20 incl P&P from the US. I know Jayne will have it from June 1st too and it's only about £14 on her website. Don't need another brush right?! The QVC price put me right off...

In other news, my TSV just arrived at work. I can't tell you the looks I got from the post guy with 'Get Sexy - Tools of Seduction' written in big black letters across the back of the box!!! This is how one gets a reputation LOL!!! :blush: :wink:

Tx

thanks RedT, no I don't want another brush!! Just been on Jayne's site and it says it's coming in on 1st June so will order from her (as long as there is some left for me, can imagine it will fly out!)

& reckon I've got a reputation too as my box was left with my neighbour....:giggle:

thanks RedT, no I don't want another brush!! Just been on Jayne's site and it says it's coming in on 1st June so will order from her (as long as there is some left for me, can imagine it will fly out!)

& reckon I've got a reputation too as my box was left with my neighbour....:giggle:

LOL! The postie came back to give my colleague a parcel and gave me a funny look...it's only a matter of time before curiosity gets the better of him...now, do I tell him it's only makeup or let his imagination run away with him??! :happy:

Hope that helps!

Tx

Thanks ever so much - I'll have a go tomorrow! xx

Well, I gave the TSV it's first test drive this morning and so far I'm LOVING it! The purple eyeshadow looks great and the white highlighter really brightened up my eye 'area' without looking chalky at all. I used the pencil liner and cannot believe how smoothly it went on and how clean a line it produced. I use an eyeshadow primer every day but it'll be interesting to see if the pencil holds up the whole day.
Loving the cream blush, I found the highlighter a bit shimmery on my cheeks but I blended it in and now it's less obvious. I'm very glad the lipglosses aren't glittery, I generally don't like the Lip Enhancing glosses as they tend to have huge chunks of glitter in that are left on your lips long after the gloss has gone. As i'm not 11 this is not a good look!!

So far then, it's a thumbs up for the TSV! yay!

my tsv arrived yesterday by the parcelnet lady who seems to deliver all my parcels now! Im really loving purple colours, not usually keen but do like theese, they seem to bring out the blue in my eyes.
love the highlighter it is a bit glittery and alot darker than expected but very nice
liking it alot

The gel eyeliner looks a lot more brown than purple to me too.

Is the highlighter better applied with a brush or fingers?

I hve finally worked out that some of the instrutions say use fingers because it can double up as an eye shadow - and a very good one at that I've discovered.

I also remember Nina using a little brush to highlight the cupids brow and around the eyes. Would use the big brush over the face though.

Best puchase i've made in ages! Having a wee play and was able to create a subtle smokey look which i have always found impossible with grey/black as its much to harsh on my small eyes!

Can't get on with the Jet Set. Have tried and tried but it just keeps flaking off and going into my eyes - not good if you're a contact lens wearer!

Like the rest of the kit so will probably keep it.

sorry you don't get on with the Jet Set ILC. Just one thing might make a difference, it might be that it is 'reacting' with your eye cream or something. Can you try it on 'bare' eyes? It might not make the slightest difference, but you never know

Got mine today. It was so well wrapped and I really like the stuff I tried...Don't usually get on well with cream blushes but this one is really nice.
Haven't tried the Jet Set eyeliner yet!!

But I did have to laugh at the Get Sexy tools of seduction sticker on the outside of the box. I had to collect the box at my local post office depot. I can just imagine what my postie thought and the sorting people.
Should have arrived down in a very risqué outfit although maybe not, I could have bumped into my neighbours!!!:cheeky:

Yes,mine arrived today(Fri) too & really pleased went for it.
I tried the highlighter & two of the eyeshadows & they're fab (I don't normally do purple eyeshadow but these are very wearable).
The blush is lovely,it looked a bit sticky but went on fine.
Loving the red lip gloss,just my colour.
Haven't tried the Jet Set yet but really like the colour of it in the pot.

Can't get on with the Jet Set. Have tried and tried but it just keeps flaking off and going into my eyes - not good if you're a contact lens wearer!

Like the rest of the kit so will probably keep it.

Sorry to hear your struggling, with the contact lenses, are you putting them in before or after you use Jet Set? When I put mine in they are very wet and I just dry mine down and apply the liner very slowly x

Latest posts

Back