Smashbox Pulling out of QVC UK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the UK its ebay or Amazon though the latter is far more expensive.

Akimbo recommended this seller in Korea. Indeed fast shipping and free samples.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AccessoriesWhole?_rdc=1

You have to be careful as there are fakes on ebay. This guy is sells the real deal and I was very pleased with the service

On the Smashbox front, on the QVC facebook page they had some photos of a press launch for this autumn. There and behold is Smashbox products, primers.

To be honest it was just the usual QVC beauty ranges, Elemis,Decleor etc. So no idea why they were announcing this with such fanfare, thought it was new ranges and products.

I have seen BB cream being advertised but have not really looked into it, but it sounds just what I need. I have age spots / pigmentation, and currently don't use any SPF, although I am trying to find one that does not contain too many chemicals. The Missha BB cream sounds great, but how would I know which shade to use? I use LG BnB in Regular, but could possible get away with Fair in the winter. Your advice would be much appreciated Donna.

In the UK its ebay or Amazon though the latter is far more expensive.

Akimbo recommended this seller in Korea. Indeed fast shipping and free samples.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/AccessoriesWhole?_rdc=1

You have to be careful as there are fakes on ebay. This guy is sells the real deal and I was very pleased with the service

On the Smashbox front, on the QVC facebook page they had some photos of a press launch for this autumn. There and behold is Smashbox products, primers.

To be honest it was just the usual QVC beauty ranges, Elemis,Decleor etc. So no idea why they were announcing this with such fanfare, thought it was new ranges and products.

Thanks Donna you've saved me replying :wave:

I'd add that Donna and I both found shade 23 worked for us. I can use B&B regular or Fair and in Bare Escentuals I'm a Light, or Medium (if I'm trying to play down a touch of jaundice). The Missha BB is like a full coverage foundation so I think you'd get good concealment of age spots, once it settles after a few minutes it seems like a much lighter finish (hard to explain). It has a high SPF so I sun-bathed on holiday in mine and for the first time ever I didn't look like a beetroot poolside!

Jude xx

They are opening Philosophy counters in place of Smashbox in Debenhams.

So far they are in Debenhams in Glasgow and Trafford Park but from tomorrow they will also be in Belfast and Chester.

Nothing for me, yet.

The Philosophy counter looks good though, all the bath range,perfumes and skin care.

I visited the counter here today, it looks great, really good size, good variety of products etc...staff very happy to give samples!!

I'm also a huge fan of Missha's BB cream, i'm a paley so I use shade 21 and it works great. The original BB creams are designed to be healing, for acne prone skin. Most of them are very pigmented, have a high spf (Missha has spf 42!), acne clearing ingredients and ingredients to even out your skin tone. The new 'Western' BB creams are very annoying as, as others have said, they are really no different to regular tinted moisturisers. The Missha one seems very thick to start with but blends in quickly and after a little while, you can't feel it on your skin at all. It's pigmented enough to cover small spots or marks, I love it!

Sorry, just read that back and realised its sounds like an advert or a bad speil from QVC. But I am very fond of it LOL! :grin:

Tx

Last edited:
Not at all Red, there is nothing remotely similar between Missha and say the Garnier or No17 BB! I haven't suffered with acne since I was 25 but, unlike other spot treating foundations, the Missha BB isn't the least bit drying or agressive on my skin. I'm trying to convince my DD (16) to try it but she's resistent to trying it (she's pinched most of my laura geller blushers though!).

You keep protecting your skin in that Aussie sunshine Hun!

Jude xx

I visited the counter here today, it looks great, really good size, good variety of products etc...staff very happy to give samples!!

Yes, they have everything, well no makeup but not sure if that is exclusive to QVC?

I bought Fields of Flowers shower/bath gel and the body lotion because of the 10% off last weekend. I was given a GWP of black bag with Purity,Amazing Grace shower/bath gel and Hope in a Jar with a sachal(sp) of the eye cream. Giving it away apart from the eye cream which I can use. Tried the bath stuff the other night, must have put too much in as I was disappearing under a mound of foam and sliding up and down the bath even with a bath mat.:thinking: But must say I really liked the products. They smell of Peony.

Laura, look at the Signature BB Cream from Misha, it is organic cert etc. The spf on it is slightly lower than the original version but still good compared to most Western brands.

Yes, they have everything, well no makeup but not sure if that is exclusive to QVC?

I bought Fields of Flowers shower/bath gel and the body lotion because of the 10% off last weekend. I was given a GWP of black bag with Purity,Amazing Grace shower/bath gel and Hope in a Jar with a sachal(sp) of the eye cream. Giving it away apart from the eye cream which I can use. Tried the bath stuff the other night, must have put too much in as I was disappearing under a mound of foam and sliding up and down the bath even with a bath mat.:thinking: But must say I really liked the products. They smell of Peony.

Laura, look at the Signature BB Cream from Misha, it is organic cert etc. The spf on it is slightly lower than the original version but still good compared to most Western brands.

You will be using less next you have a bath eh???

I know John Lewis here sell the Supernatural Makeup but that said there is no make up on Philosophy's UK wesbite.

On the Boots Facebook page they have announced that Boots will be stocking Smashbox.

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

It also says this on the Boots website - also details of a competition to win a Smashbox hamper :clapping:

Oh how interesting!!!!!!! I doubt it will be a counter but a stand as Stila and Essie have. Wonder if the prices will be the same as the official UK website.

We have a Inglot store in Belfast now.:hi:

I did wonder if they were going into Boots or Superdrug as the website did say they were going to be on the high street soon!

boots are really stepping up their game as far as I am concerned. I love the fact that I can travel 15 miles down the road to Boots and get Philosophy and nails inc gosh if they bring smash box too I will be so happy. Now I just want Philosophy to bring back poreless flawless and and Smashbox to bring back their summer tinted primer then I would be on cloud nine. Oh and if they brought Leighton Denny I would be hop skipping and jumping down the high street. mind you my bank manager would be stood frowning at me as I skipped passed him!

boots are really stepping up their game as far as I am concerned. I love the fact that I can travel 15 miles down the road to Boots and get Philosophy and nails inc gosh if they bring smash box too I will be so happy. Now I just want Philosophy to bring back poreless flawless and and Smashbox to bring back their summer tinted primer then I would be on cloud nine. Oh and if they brought Leighton Denny I would be hop skipping and jumping down the high street. mind you my bank manager would be stood frowning at me as I skipped passed him!

Well you can always get your Leighton Denny in M&S now. So one quick trip to the shops and you are all done :happy:

Smashbox have released the Illuminating Primer which has replaced the older one, so doubt it will be back. Now quite a few asking Please bring back the Bronze version.

Oh and Marks will delivery free to your nearest store for collection if needed.

Smashbox have released the Illuminating Primer which has replaced the older one, so doubt it will be back. Now quite a few asking Please bring back the Bronze version.

Oh and Marks will delivery free to your nearest store for collection if needed.[/QUOTE

Boots deliver free to your nearest store too as long as you spend a certain amount.

I thought they had started charging £3.50? A lot of people very p*ssed off about that one.

Don't forget Boots now owned by Walgreens who do loads of US brands etc. So even more might be popping up in your local Boots.

According to Boots website it is free to collect from store if order is over £20, less than that and it costs £1.95.

Standard delivery to your home is £2.95 and free if order is over £40.

Latest posts

Back