Slippers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got two pairs of mule style slippers. One pair are Emus (a TSV) and the second pair are from Asda. I've got cream carpets so didn't want to tromp about in 'outdoor shoes' on them.

I've only two pairs because the Emu ones (black with a black sole) left black marks on the cream carpets (if I'd known that they were going to do that I'd NEVER have bought them) ............ so the second £5 is their replacement. I only wore the Emus three times and unfortunately the 30mbg had expired, so I'm stuck with them! I might as well wear them to do the gardening now :wink: and remove them when I go back inside and before I put on my cheap white soled ones.

I wear fly flot mules, with the cloth uppers and low wedge heel. I do have a best pair! They have leather insoles with anti bacterial treatment so no nasty niffs and you can wash them on a low temp and leave to dry naturally. I have the Costco own verson of the shepskin mules sold by Ugg and Emu and they are OK but not as supportive as the mules.

I've had my Emu slippers for nearly 2 years now love them but only wear them in the winter & they don't smell! Only trouble is the sheepskin has worn down on the heel part.

Does anyone know where get Emu type boots big enough for a man to use as slippers, please...but cheap, not Emu prices?

On the Emu show they just mentioned having more than one pair of slippers and you could perhaps keep one for best. Im trying to think of what would constitute best regarding wearing slippers...............

Well... I have to admit to having a pair of slippers for 'best' and another for hospital stays...

The 'best' ones are some complimentary ones I got when I stayed at a posh hotel and then got upgraded - result! - and I use these when I stay away as I never, ever let my bare feed touch the hotel bathroom or bedroom floors... the thought of what's been there before me makes me shudder :cheeky:

I've got a pair I take to hospital that are sort of mules and are machine washable - again because of what you might step in - was in 3 times last year!

Does anyone know where get Emu type boots big enough for a man to use as slippers, please...but cheap, not Emu prices?

How about these?

http://www.surfdome.com/Mens_Slipper_Boots-c1654/

Or these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002UICTLS/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

I have several pairs of slippers, my everyday winter ones from M&S with a good sole for going out to the bin, a cozy pair of fur boots, some sock ones with a rubber sole and some lightweight flip flop ones for taking on hols. I agree with everything you have all said about them being dangerous and smelly etc. but I can't do without my slippers.

me too - cheap warm mules from asda or primark. i put 'em all in the washing machine whether they say washable or not.

I luuuurve slippers, my current favourites are a pair of Emus Jolies which I bought from T K Maxx last week for £25- (very happy bunny!) and a pair of joules slipper boots, but I change them around so much they don't get a chance to be stinky!
I work from home a lot of the time so loungewear plays a big part in my life!!!

Breeze ... Next did them last year. I bought them for my son but they cooked his feet. He's always really warm. They weren't expensive.

Fitflops for summer, sheepskin for winter. My sheepskins are used barefoot and haven't gone whiffy yet. They've been in use a few years now.

Interesting to read thoughts about falling down stairs. I'm waiting to die coming down mine, however careful I am. Two doors down died falling down stairs several years ago. Next door down died the same way a few years later...I feel a bit like I'm living Final Destination, The Stairs.

****** ell
Fitflops for summer, sheepskin for winter. My sheepskins are used barefoot and haven't gone whiffy yet. They've been in use a few years now.

Interesting to read thoughts about falling down stairs. I'm waiting to die coming down mine, however careful I am. Two doors down died falling down stairs several years ago. Next door down died the same way a few years later...I feel a bit like I'm living Final Destination, The Stairs.

alter ego, bare feet for you I think. Were they elderly?

Can't walk bare-footed. Fitflops are the only thing I'm pain/wobble-free in. Sheepskin for sitting around and little trips to the kitchen/let the dog out etc. I have to have warmth or my feet get so cold I literally seize up. I'm very, very careful coming downstairs, cringe at OH bounding down (though he did slip and land on his backside last week - thankfully only 3 steps, but enough to shake him up).

Not elderly - fifties both of them. Weird.

ETA: I'm a few years off fifty so maybe have time to move to a bungalow/get a stairlift!

they were in their fifties?? :eek: that's put the wind up me a bit because i'm not very good with stairs either. in fact i bought my last house because there was a half-landing and i thought, at least i can only fall half way ;) i put it down to growing up in a bungalow. lol! and the stupid things we do - i once relly hurt myself falling downstairs because i was trying not to break the easter egg i was holding - duhhhh. on your bum is one thing but i have a horror of going head first.

I'm pleased i don't live in your road. Its like Midsomer village

During a house viewing, with the owners son, I tripped at the top of the stairs and broke the heel of my shoe. It was an awkward triangular step curved to join the landing. Need I say if we bought the house?

Latest posts

Back