Slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had a couple of "fake" slankets bought from me and they were horrible.No other way to describe them...thin and small too.Put me off buying a "real" one.But I did buy the TSV last year and its well used and well loved.

Personally I don't need more than one,so although loving it,its not a repeat purchase for me,unless I saw a design I was totally in love with.

My other half bought me one from Boots, I think it was £9.99. The proper Slanket is many times better (I might even say 100 times better). My advice to anyone wanting to buy one is to get the plush kind, the one with the pouch for the hands. The reversible one is not as plush and do not have the hands pouch. They are so comfortable when you are cold or if you do don't feel good (if your are ill)

Mine's called a Snug Rug which I bought from Amazon a couple of year's ago it's lovely and warm has the same design as the Slanket it's full size, thick warm fleece with cowl neck, pocket and sleeves and washes really well but was under half the price of a Slanket. I got mine out yesterday too, it wasn't really cold enough to put the heating on but it was so miserable and damp outside having it over my legs was very cosy.

I love my purple Slanket so much I bought one for a friend of mine. Plush, green. Her hubby had a serious fall last month, emergency surgery on his neck and back. She sent me an email to say how much he loved the Slanket. So there's an 80+year-old-man who is a fan!

My other half bought me one from Boots, I think it was £9.99. The proper Slanket is many times better (I might even say 100 times better). My advice to anyone wanting to buy one is to get the plush kind, the one with the pouch for the hands. The reversible one is not as plush and do not have the hands pouch. They are so comfortable when you are cold or if you do don't feel good (if your are ill)

I'd have to be dead first. And even then I'd do my best to kick up a stink.

The plush slanket has to be one of my best buys from QVC. I bought 6 of them. None of the look a likey's that I have come across come close to the quality of the QVC ones. They have been well worth the money!

Wrong why do did you buy 6 of them! ? That's LOADS! I have got a cream towelling bath robe from Zara that I like It's made of Egyptian cotton.

Wrong why do did you buy 6 of them! ? That's LOADS! I have got a cream towelling bath robe from Zara that I like It's made of Egyptian cotton.

They weren't all for me .... Honest. I bought them for Christmas presents. 1 each for my Sons, OH, Mum, Sons girlfriend, and 1 for me. Luckily they all loved them. My elder Son uses it all the time. I washed it and put it away in summer. He came home and got it straight back out.
I did begrudge the cost of the P & P though. I doubled up on colours to save a bit.
If I'm cold I use my slanket if I'm sitting down but if I'm walking about I put my dressing gown over my clothes. The slankets are too long to walk around with.

They weren't all for me .... Honest. I bought them for Christmas presents. 1 each for my Sons, OH, Mum, Sons girlfriend, and 1 for me. Luckily they all loved them. My elder Son uses it all the time. I washed it and put it away in summer. He came home and got it straight back out.
I did begrudge the cost of the P & P though. I doubled up on colours to save a bit.
If I'm cold I use my slanket if I'm sitting down but if I'm walking about I put my dressing gown over my clothes. The slankets are too long to walk around with.

I bet you lot were a sight for sore eyes on christmas day snoozing your dinner off :O\

The work of the devil.

I'm with Burly on this - I truly thought it was a joke the first time I saw one of these advertised. Unbelievably, OH and I received one each as Christmas presents as well as some of those Norwegian knitted slipper boots. We generated enough electricity opening our parcels to illuminate Blackpool seafront for an entire season!

I'd have to be dead first. And even then I'd do my best to kick up a stink.

I said that. Then I got one as a present (could barely disguise the look of horror on my face) and I love it. There is this magical world of not being cold! So I have 3 now as my dogs pinched one (that's my excuse anyway).

I said that. Then I got one as a present (could barely disguise the look of horror on my face) and I love it. There is this magical world of not being cold! So I have 3 now as my dogs pinched one (that's my excuse anyway).

I agree, I am all for warmth and comfort!!

I bet you lot were a sight for sore eyes on christmas day snoozing your dinner off :O\
Who cares as long as I am snug and warm......I live for myself and be comfortable and why should I suffer unnecessarily in my own home? Even with the heating on, sometimes I feel the cold, and with the slanket, I can toss it aside if I feel too warm and pull it on again when I feel coldHappy:

They are not a fashion item for goodness' sake. They are not clothes either. I bought one of the original fleece slankets and thought it was great.

Then I bought one of the plush ones with a hand and foot pocket and this was even better.

Last year I ordered the leopard/pink reversible ones for my daughters. They have them over the back of the sofa ready for then they feel like putting them over them.

There is nothing like the real Slankets. I have seen and felt others and there is no comparison.

I think I could probably say in all honesty that my first one saved my life one winter when my heating failed.

OH doesn't feel the cold like I do so we're still with our 7.5 tog duvet...so, I put my slanket between me and the duvet on cold nights and it's soooo comfy & cosy, snug as a bug etc..

OH doesn't feel the cold like I do so we're still with our 7.5 tog duvet...so, I put my slanket between me and the duvet on cold nights and it's soooo comfy & cosy, snug as a bug etc..

Mine's like that - I think he has an internal furnace. We haven't even got a duvet on yet, still just the summer bedspread and a sheet *brrr*. He always teased me about it "frozen-arse" and "southern softie" but then we were at a science museum and they had a infra-red heat sensing camera doodah and on the screen he was bright red and orange and I was mostly green and a bit yellow. He has been a bit more understanding since then. He bought me some bed socks. Which was sweet but when I told my mum we howled with laughter!

Latest posts

Back